PDA

View Full Version : Game's Addition of Berserk (spoilers?)

Elendanis
06-03-2012, 03:46 AM
Running around with my Two-hander, I noticed how very similar the look and feel of this game was to the Anime/Manga Berserk.

I did some research and apparently, they are promoting the new movie that just came out.

You can acquire the full sets of Guts' and Griffiths armor and weapons from the Golden Age Arc in the series!

And one of the pre-made characters you can choose from when making your character kind looks like Guts further down the road.

Makes me love this game even more! :D

Elendanis
06-03-2012, 04:58 AM
Oh come one :C I can't be the only one to appreciate this!

Kamui04
06-03-2012, 07:00 AM
Yup, just saw a female pawn with the whole White Hawk set of armor.

xxxxHolic
06-03-2012, 07:12 AM
Oh come one :C I can't be the only one to appreciate this!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=372791

Obviously not.

The series itself is great but the armor is too bulky for my tastes. Give me something along the lines of Claymore's armors then we'll be talking, lol. In all seriousness though. I would love to see more items from other series make their way into the game via DLC. Like Lollipop Chainsaw with their costumes and such.

tkhbecker
06-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Yeah the search function works wonders. At day one someone tried to "trade" a RAGE code for a Berserk armor code until they realized that the armor can be bought as soon as you go to the Ancient Quarry.

Elendanis
06-03-2012, 04:15 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=372791

Obviously not.

The series itself is great but the armor is too bulky for my tastes. Give me something along the lines of Claymore's armors then we'll be talking, lol. In all seriousness though. I would love to see more items from other series make their way into the game via DLC. Like Lollipop Chainsaw with their costumes and such.

meeeehhh. the image in that thread isn't correct. :C you don't get the dragon slayer.

as for other series, I doubt that any other than Berserk will be making an appearance. Apparently there are more similarities between the entire game and the anime/manga than just the armor. :o

StaticVito
06-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Can you tell I appreciate it? :) (Pic and Sig are berserk related)

This was actually a surprise to me. I'm such a big Berserk fan that I always make my characters resemble Guts. (the Main Character of Berserk) So I named my charaacter in the game Guts and picked a preset face that looked like him. And when I zoomed in on his face his right eye was gone! I was like Oh Fuck Yes!

Fast forward a day or two... Then I saw the Golden Age armor on someone's pawn. Flipped out... hired him just to see what the armor was called. (Swordsman's Plate) Then I came here to see if anyone else knew about this. So awesome. I've always wanted to import the Japanese PS2 game.