PDA

View Full Version : Menu system, weapon customisation and skulls?

mrcrash01
06-03-2012, 11:31 AM
I watched the Gameinformer videos in Halo Waypoint and I noticed some menus in the background.

This may be the loadout/weapon customisation menu or something. It looks like many of the options are not unlocked.

This looks like the game setup menu for campaign or spartan-ops. One of the symbols looks like a skull :)

And this looks like the player list for a costom game or matchmaking.

You should watch the videos by yourself and say what you think.

(source (http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Universe/detail/game-informer-halo-4-part-2/34e5e7f4-dae9-46a8-9315-da2047ee6f0d))

LickableLemons7
06-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Maybe, maybe, and maybe. 343i can always go back and change stuff. I'm not very interested in the menu, unless they integrate some super duper fancy Kinect hand waving genie magic. And knowing Microsoft, they might want to merge their number one exclusive title with their number one motion-controlling accessory. We could see some stuff at E3 tomorrow. And I will most likely post any new info I see in the news thread above. That poor thing is dying quick.

DarkReign2021
06-03-2012, 11:10 PM
#1 looks to Windows 95-ish to be a menu in the game. It looks more like a development tool for 343 than an actual menu in the game. Possibly a placeholder.

You might be right about the other 2 though. The last one in particular. I can make out the "Players" text, which would suggest that it's a lobby of some sort. Seeing as how Halo typically shares it's SP, MP, FW, Theatre, Custom, and FF menus, however, it's probably safe to say it's all 6.

I would imagine the modifier feature will return to Halo 4, but there's no way to be sure if it will return in the form of skulls or something else entirely. I don't think they'll have us hunting for skulls in the next Campaign, but they will certainly have us finding something (I would imagine they'll take the CG terminal route again, which is a welcome addition in my book any day.)

mrcrash01
06-04-2012, 08:56 AM
OT: Is there a backstory for the skulls?

Der Fuhrer
06-04-2012, 03:43 PM
OT: Is there a backstory for the skulls?I do not think so, back in Halo 2 you could only get them on Legendary and there was no menu to track them and turn them on and off, making them basically true easter eggs, so I doubt 343i will feel that obligated to stick with them. Based on Halo: CEA though, it seems that 343i will keep skulls part of the campaign, but at least they changed up what the skulls did from Halo 3.

Vectorman953
06-04-2012, 04:12 PM
I think there are some things that 343i just knows not to mess with, and in-game/campaign modifiers is hopefully one of them.

Really extends the life of the single-player, and they were added to CEA (which they didn't have to do)

Although I think that if they were going to choose between either Skulls or Terminals (why that decision would have to be made, I don't know) 343i strikes me as more a terminals kind of studio