PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4 Campaign Demo VIDEO INSIDE

MixMaker1
06-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Halo 4 Campaign Reveal - E3 2012 - YouTube

OH. MY. GOD.

Kaiyo
06-04-2012, 07:07 PM
So Sick, new enemies, new weapons, and new stuff.

Joker0fLife
06-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Can't wait to watch Cortana self destruct lol Story looks to be just as epic as the other Halos. Now I just need some multiplayer demos to seal the deal.

Ty-Rex
06-04-2012, 08:12 PM
That video was pretty neato.

Still not really all that excited for Halo 4, but at least it looks like it will be fun.

Want to see more MP stuffs.

LickableLemons7
06-04-2012, 08:38 PM
I'm quivering with anticipation for November 6th, 2012.

343i is doing a damn fine job.

DarkReign2021
06-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Bricks. They were shat. That looks astounding. And it definitely made it's point in regards to the covenant. They're nothing compared to these new guys. I just hope they're as fun and memorable to fight as the Elites and Brutes have been. I imagine we still have many new types of enemies to come. I'm going to venture a guess and say at least a dozen new enemy types will be included, not even including new vehicles.

I like seeing the suit actually do some of the things the books mention like visor modes. I just hope this is something that players can control and not just scripted events. I'm also noticing Cortana is quite chatty like she was in Halo 1. I hope this means John is going to have a bit more to say than in the past. I really want them to develop his human personality.

Also. the end with Cortana screaming. THAT is what I've been wanting to see for nearly a decade. That rampancy that I've been raving about for years is finally surfacing and it's going to be amazing.

Curious who the voice at the end is though. The deep voice with a slight garble resembles a gravemind, but it lacked the poetic nature of the GM from Halo 2/3 and the Flood are confirmed to be absent from Halo 4. My guess is on Precursor.

LickableLemons7
06-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Whoop whoop! I was waiting for Dark's analysis to show up. I was thinking that the voice at the end could be Precursor too. I don't know about these Watchers and Crawlers though. They're so...technological. They couldn't be some kind of mech tools used by the Forerunner or something, right? And the sphere that shows up behind Chief...was that similar to the thing that attack Dr. Halsey in Glasslands? I pictured that would be a lot smaller. I'll have to reread Glasslands, and soon.

OceanH
06-04-2012, 09:44 PM
If you guys wanna find the videos easily and quickly, go to the official sources...

Xbox' official Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsWyP0LBikI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWWzhpjS62I

DarkReign2021
06-04-2012, 09:56 PM
It doesn't strike me as Forerunner technology. The colors are harsh and vibrant compared to the usually cool and calm designs of Forerunner tech. It's also possible that this is just Forerunner tech repurposed (by Mendicant Bias before he came back to our side?) for enemy uses.

It's entirely possible that the orb is able to re-size itself or that there are multiple models of varying sizes and firepower similar to the differences between Novel and Game sentinels.

I've only been able to watch it once, so I'll try to get through it tonight and do a scene-by-scene breakdown. There's definitely a lot of new content to take in.

I R BFOG
06-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Halo 4 is looking absolutely brilliant. Nov 6 cant come soon enough for me! Campaign is what its all about for me :)

MisterVolcano96
06-05-2012, 01:41 AM
Me and my friends watched this on the Xbox live stream, and were very impressed. November can't come quick enough!

Lightnning
06-05-2012, 02:36 AM
Woow, Halo 4 looks amazing! I'm really liking the graphics. Sorta reminds me of Halo Wars cutsence graphic only Better.

Thanks for the post, I'm looking forward to playing this November!

Teh BeZ
06-05-2012, 02:47 AM
I'm suck a Halo Whore, I can't wait!

TransonicPower
06-05-2012, 08:01 AM
nerdgasm. Where is my time machine, I need it now?!

Edword
06-05-2012, 08:53 AM
Blown away! :eek:

Teh Phantomz
06-05-2012, 10:37 AM
HOLY LIVING SHIT! That is....AMAZING!

Son of Kyuss
06-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Definitely the (only) highlight from Microsoft's E3 press conference.

I was blown away by how stunning the graphics look now, everything just seems vibrant and full of life compared to previous Halos. That little montage at the end was awesome too, especially seeing Cortana lose her shit at the end.

The voice at the end, I'm guessing, is probably the voice of the Didact seeing as the Halo CEA terminals and Forerunner books have really brought him into the spotlight as the big baddie.

November 6th can't come soon enough.

OceanH
06-06-2012, 09:27 PM
From Xbox' official Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le3BsM1tYR8

theNomad
06-06-2012, 11:54 PM
:eek:
This is looking like it will far exceed my already high expectations, its looking truly gorgeous loving the stealth rapid movement of the new enemy's and to think its meant to be done using a tweaked reach engine.

Ohhhh those mist fx and blowing trees damn still 4 months away.

Not sure I'm fully liking the extremely visible visor it reminds me too much like Metroid Prime (not that it was a bad game far from it), maybe its something I'll grow to like, but I love the neat video pop-ups on it.

Damn still 4 months away, and I'm already excited at what I'll try 1st story or a little red vs blue. If the rest of the campaigns this good I want campaign dlc in the future with my maps.

Vectorman953
06-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Pretty sure the gravely voice is the Didact.
The red forerunner symbol (red, turning, end of the video, you know the one) looks exactly like the one on the Halo Wiki page

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090318051256/halo/images/thumb/1/10/Didact.png/185px-Didact.png

Plus, as Son of Kyuss said before me, the books have been giving him quite a lot of page-time.

GSWAT85
06-07-2012, 12:27 AM
cant wait...the new enemies look like the baddies from a metroid game tho

R2UxShadow
06-09-2012, 02:31 AM
this is gonna be an amazin game