PDA

View Full Version : Ur dragon tiresome

Gunther Hermann
06-05-2012, 02:41 AM
So this Ur dragon is becoming really tiresome. No one seems to be able to come up with a decent answer as to how to deal damage to him. Im a level 66 fighter with decent equipment and I do no damage whatsoever. Not just a tiny amount, none at all. I attack the glowing spots, but nothing. If the answer is to play as a ranged class then whats the point of being able to play as other classes? Why not just have the ranged classes? Does anyone actually know how to deal damage?

Sparda
06-05-2012, 02:58 AM
You do deal damage, but you're level 66 so it would be hard to notice. He's an online enemy so it takes damage from everyone fighting it. It has HP in the millions compared to most bigger enemies which have several thousand HP.

Gunther Hermann
06-05-2012, 03:03 AM
But I've seen videos of people attacking it and you can at least see the health bar going down. It doesn't move at all for me.

Sparda
06-05-2012, 03:20 AM
They were probably taking down the Offline Version. The offline version is a joke.

SuNuS
06-05-2012, 03:52 AM
Indeed what Sparda said. When fighting the offline version you can visibly see your dmg coming off like any other boss mob. The online version would be like trying to notice the sun or moon moving across the sky. You would need a time lapse video to see it in the online version depending on the dmg you put out.

My toon is level 75'ish and I can usually take off a portion equal to the distance between the dots under his health bar by the time my 10 minutes runs out. Then you rinse and repeat.

It's when he has 3 bars of hp left and you zone out, only to have him be at 5 when you come back in that's depressing. :(

Gunther Hermann
06-05-2012, 08:31 AM
But theres those people on the ur dragon leaderboard who've killed the online version about 14 times.

EnteringtheCosmos
06-05-2012, 10:41 AM
But theres those people on the ur dragon leaderboard who've killed the online version about 14 times.
They probably have a trick/strategy that is not yet shared online.

k1ll1ng5pr33
06-05-2012, 11:00 AM
They probably have a trick/strategy that is not yet shared online.

'Pity' kill. There's a chance he spawns with 0 health. Had it happen 4 times or so.

Gunther Hermann
06-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Well I finally killed him legitimately. I repelled him 16 times, and on the last time him appeared with no health. There was one last glowing spot on his tail which I attacked for a bit and then he died.
Thanks guys for the infomation.

jackofblades
06-05-2012, 01:00 PM
'Pity' kill. There's a chance he spawns with 0 health. Had it happen 4 times or so.

That only happens when other players have taken it down to 0 health after that everyone has 10 mins to kill the last 3 "hearts" to get the final blow

Vigor
06-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Its been on generation 27 for days and only 4 healthbars depleted.

I feel sorry for those fighting this dragon 6 months from now.. with only 9 other players.

k1ll1ng5pr33
06-06-2012, 12:35 AM

I feel sorry for those fighting this dragon 6 months from now.. with only 9 other players.

The Ur Dragon on PS3 is at Gen 57 last time I checked o.o I blame the Japanese :p At level 81, I could as a Mystic Knight, take about 10-20% of one lifebar, simply because I had to hit a weak spot on his leg and he kept moving and moving. Can't tell you how annoyed I got :p

jackofblades
06-06-2012, 10:22 AM

as 26 was only killed yesterday

SarigASK
06-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Pretty sure this is useless but.. only attack the glowing red orbs it has on it's body.. otherwise the damage you'd be doing will be close to zero yeah..

*not that I was able to damage it that much, but hey, maybe soon :P*

Rayne ZA
06-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Gen 27 just dropped now so yeah, less than 24h, not bad.

You guys still have 30 mins or so to land a final blow in your games. It was the tail in mine.

EmZeroX
06-06-2012, 12:08 PM
The Ur Dragon on PS3 is at Gen 57 last time I checked o.o I blame the Japanese :p At level 81, I could as a Mystic Knight, take about 10-20% of one lifebar, simply because I had to hit a weak spot on his leg and he kept moving and moving. Can't tell you how annoyed I got :p

Yeah, PS3 players are rocking the Ur-Dragon, almost on G60, and 360 is still on G28 or something ( didn't check, don't want to bother with Ur-Dragon anymore ). I'm gonna blame the Japanese too lol

Back to the topic, Fighter is kinda hard to do damage to the Ur-Dragon, kinda like M.Knight, but without the ranged spells like Great Cannon.
I'm not saying you can't deal any damage at all, but first, try this.

Rank your assassin up, get Bloodlust. ( Just get the augments )
If you think you can do this without pawns, get Autonomy ( pawns are kinda useless in this fight anyway )
If you are crazy enough, use Exhilaration as well. ( I think this is a Fighter augment. Just bring Wakestones if you're gonna try this lol )

If you use these augments, even Fighter can have very high strength.
Plus, there's also two +strength augments for the Fighter and Warrior, you can combine these as well.

WilRonward
06-06-2012, 09:11 PM
"Pro" tip:

Try to kill him once offline so you know where the weak points are, and when you stop dealing damage to them.
When you attack a point, the skin will disappear. When that point is done, all that is left is a blackened area with the center still glowing pink-ish but you don't deal any damage to it (pawns with knowledge about the UrDragon will say "The bones are invicible" or something close..).

Wasted an hour spamming what I thought was a weak point (saw the health bar trembling but not going down..) before I understood my error...

Phantomsiren
06-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Gen 27 just dropped now so yeah, less than 24h, not bad.

You guys still have 30 mins or so to land a final blow in your games. It was the tail in mine.

Argh! I was on the second life bar of Gen 27 and thought, it is 4 am in the morning, i have a few hours before people get him down ... came back one hour and thirty minutes later ... here are your rewards for trying to kill the Ur Dragon .... nooooooooooooooooo! LOL :) Time to get crackin on Gen 28!

Grummy
06-06-2012, 09:53 PM
What exactly is the requirement for getting the achievement? Do you have to get the killing blow? Be in the fight when he dies, or just have been in the fight and done some damage to him at some point, then the achievement pops when he finally dies?

k1ll1ng5pr33
06-06-2012, 11:00 PM
You have to, well, kill him. If you're lucky, he will spawn online with no health. Deal the blow and you get the achievement. If he keeps coming with health, you either try to fight him, or beat him offline. He's very easy offline. Might take some times, but easy to beat.

SuNuS
06-06-2012, 11:17 PM
What exactly is the requirement for getting the achievement? Do you have to get the killing blow? Be in the fight when he dies, or just have been in the fight and done some damage to him at some point, then the achievement pops when he finally dies?

If you are looking for the achievement I'd suggest just doing the offline version. I've taken part in killing the online UR 5 times now and have yet to luck out and be there for the kill. He seems to always get downed during my usual sleep time. :(

I think it was quite lame of Capcom to make it so that you have to be there for the kill in order to get loot. 5 times I helped out and 5 times I get nothing but a few stones b/c I require sleep.