PDA

View Full Version : Seriously anticipating this game...

MabusScarab
06-05-2012, 08:57 AM
I've been a Worms fan since the original game launched, and i'm very excited to hear about Team 17's new project. The game will return to it's 2D roots after it's previous release of Worms Ultimate Mayhem, with an overhaul in the games engine and visuals, and what seems to be a variance in worm sizes. Little is known, but I would assume the larger worms would be less mobile but have more toughness and would be harder to launch into water with a baseball bat. There's going to be water bombs as well, which may be used to drown worms sitting in craters which would open up a lot more strategy in your gameplan. Most of this is speculation and what I drew from the brief 20 second gameplay video within the trailer, so nothing here is confirmed yet except the game will be released on the xbox arcade.

Worms has been screaming for an overhaul, and i'm very happy to hear that it's not only coming, but should be available on the Xbox Arcade sometime in Q3 of this year. I know there's other long time Worms fanatics out there like myself, i'll see you guys on the battlefield sometime within the next few months.

MabusScarab
08-10-2012, 04:35 AM
Update for anyone following this, release date is currently set at October 10th.

Scrubber
08-17-2012, 12:20 PM
Was hoping for a september release. Wants it now.

MabusScarab
08-24-2012, 06:30 AM
Finally someone else besides me posts in this thread.

I'm so excited, this is on my must-own list this fall.

DividedbyN1ght
08-27-2012, 02:43 AM
Here are the achievements for the game.

Worms Revolution Achievements (http://exophase.com/game/worms-revolution-xbox-360/achievements/)

MabusScarab
08-29-2012, 09:26 AM
Awesome, thanks for the update. Most seem similar or identical to previous worms games, doesn't seem like it's going to be a tough 400.

MabusScarab
10-04-2012, 10:41 AM
ONE. WEEK. AWAY.

I might actually put down Borderlands 2 for a while to play this.

Requiem Kata
10-08-2012, 09:56 AM
First day purchase for me, can't wait

ST xWEBx
10-09-2012, 09:38 PM
worms games are always my favorite....dont know why so many people hate it. I posted something about worms revolution coming out on the DOTW thread...and I get a thumbs down?

looking forward to the new forts maps though

MabusScarab
10-09-2012, 11:24 PM
worms games are always my favorite....dont know why so many people hate it. I posted something about worms revolution coming out on the DOTW thread...and I get a thumbs down?

looking forward to the new forts maps though

Worms is phenomenal, the person that gave you a thumbs down has no soul. What's not to like?

Gman2
10-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Got it, haven't played much but I LOVE the humour. Always been a fan of the series.