PDA

View Full Version : Miasmite

Rowan88
06-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Hi,

I need to get some Miasmite to finish the "Search Party" quest, but I cannot get it at all.

I have been killing the white ball phantom enemies outside The Great Wall camp for about 30mins and all they seem to drop is Rift Fragments.

Can anyone give me tips on how I can get some?

Andii
06-05-2012, 02:25 PM
I have none left but would have sent you one, but you CAN combine those shards with Firefly stones to make one?

Rowan88
06-05-2012, 02:29 PM
I dont even have shards :( Its Rift Fragments I keep getting, not Miasmite Fragments :(

Does it make a difference that my pawns are killing them instead of me? (im a fighter so can't hurt ghosts)

Taiyz
06-05-2012, 02:53 PM
I think that there might be a strange rule to getting Miasmite Shards. I notice that my party gets Miasmite Shards when we kill a Phantom that's possessing one of us. If you're using a really good Mage or Sorcerer pawn, they might be killing it when it's not possessing anyone; try playing without one (you can damage Phantoms with magic weapons (weapons with an elemental affinity without enchantments) or simply while they're possessing somebody.)

Might just be in my head, but give it a try. If you need Firefly Stones you can find them in the Witchwood alongside Phantoms.

Rowan88
06-05-2012, 02:57 PM
I went to the catacombs and finally got a Miasmite Shard.

So is it just 1 x Miasmite Shard, 1 x Firefly Stone = 1 x Miasmite?

Andii
06-05-2012, 03:10 PM
It is, yes :)

CelticWarriorDB
06-05-2012, 03:58 PM
You can combine a firefly stone with a miasmite shard and you can get one.

Also, the phantoms outside gran soren drop them as well. It might be a rare drop though.

k1ll1ng5pr33
06-05-2012, 08:16 PM
From all the Phantoms I've killed, I've only gotten 1 Miasmite so far. The rest of them were all shards. Funny thing was. When I needed 1 for that quest (didn't do it on my first playthrough), the last Phantom outside of Gran Soren that I killed dropped one. So yeah, they're rare if you ask me.

Onelastbreath
06-05-2012, 09:30 PM
I have killed 15 Phantoms and have obtained 4 miasmite and 2 miasmite shards. I think some of the problem may be that there are 3 types of enemies that look nearly identical - Phantoms, Phantasms and Spectors. According to the signature guide only Phantoms drop them. Maybe sometimes your killing the wrong ones or uv just got terrible luck lol I know that feeling.