PDA

View Full Version : Counter-Intelligence

x13FISHx
06-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Is anyone else having problems with this not unlocking?

The Machine 715
06-06-2012, 02:07 AM
Same problem here, man. No luck.

ITIGHOSTITI
06-06-2012, 05:22 AM
It has not unlocked for me also.

TheMarkOfPower
06-06-2012, 05:23 AM
I read somewhere that it has to be done in squad matches? can someone please confirm this? i to havent had it unlock yet either. :confused:

BSG Viper Jock
06-06-2012, 09:25 AM
I wonder if it's confirmed that it doesn't need to be in a single game? Maybe one of the achievement trading lobbies could confirm if it unlocks in a single game?

XcS Dead Deer
06-06-2012, 05:55 PM
I know for a fact that i've interrupted hacks over 5 times (as in I got the extra points bonus for denying them the hack), yet it hasn't popped.

-It doesn't have to be in squad matches

-It doesn't specify in one game, because that would be ridiculous. I plan on just trying to interrupt every hack possible untill it pops. We'll see how that goes

MeonOner
06-06-2012, 06:48 PM
I got Counter Intelligence out of squad matches. And I didn't do it in one game. All I can say is to make sure you kill the enemy while they are kneeling over your teammate, and receiving your 'data hack interrupt' xp.

BSG Viper Jock
06-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Getting a little annoyed with this now, have definately interrupted more than triple the required, I make sure I get the 'hack prevented' bonus each time but the damn achievement hasn't popped.

TheMarkOfPower
06-11-2012, 05:27 AM
keep trying it popped for me eventually after 12 interuptions. (so much for 5)

KrylonBlue
06-11-2012, 07:51 AM
I was just about to create a topic asking the same question. I have well over 30 interruptions and the achievement has yet to unlock. I just got my Rifleman to level 50 and I got that achievement. I can't understand how I have the most time consuming achievement yet the 5 data hack interruptions won't unlock.

ryzilla
06-11-2012, 08:57 AM
I did this in one match with some mates to boost it but still won't unlock :( I have rifleman lvl 50 and eng/scout both over 30 still no unlock :(

ryzilla
06-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Just got an official reply re this issue. For these to count the following cant happen

- host migration
- disconnected game
- other team mate fire hit stunned attacker (so gay)

I know these would of effected some if my count. But still seems bung for me as I have stopped heaps of people :(

KrylonBlue
06-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Just got an official reply re this issue. For these to count the following cant happen

- host migration
- disconnected game
- other team mate fire hit stunned attacker (so gay)

I know these would of effected some if my count. But still seems bung for me as I have stopped heaps of people :(

I understand the first 2 listed, but what do you mean by 3? The teammate I'm saving can never hit a shot on the person who stunned him? I know I have over 5 without any of the above listed so its obviously messed up. This same thing happened to me with the savior kill achievement. I went a whole week without it counting to 5 and I did it over 50 times. :(
Edit, you mean my teammate who is getting hacked can't be damaged by someone else prior to being stunned?

ryzilla
06-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Yeah sorry typed I quick on my iPhone

The person hacking must take 100% damage from you then die. So if team mate 2 shoots him to I won't count.

KrylonBlue
06-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Yeah sorry typed I quick on my iPhone

The person hacking must take 100% damage from you then die. So if team mate 2 shoots him to I won't count.

Okay, now I'm back to where I started. I know for a fact that I have more than 5 data hack interruptions that meet all of the following. I can't believe I reached level 50 before this unlocked.

BTW - typing this from my Droid RAZR MAXX so I understand the quick typing. :)

surreal_82
06-11-2012, 12:04 PM
They really need to sort this game soonish the lag and disconnections are a pain let alone losing stats with a host migration... Wtf... Come on ubi stop concentrating on assassins and give Clancy the love it deserves back.

Back on topic guess it's just a case of keep going till ping ffs. Oh well ill be playing this form a while anyway

KrylonBlue
06-12-2012, 01:38 AM
I finally achieved this achievement but it's got to be a glitch or something. My friends and I joined a game but it split us up on Sandstorm. I had a friend on my team and one friend on the other team. I had my friend stun my friend and I killed him 5 times to interrupt the data hack. The achievement unlocked after the 5th try and the achievement was for getting 5 interruptions. I would say that it needs to be done in one game, but this is the 3rd time I've gotten 5 in a game. And others have done it in multiple games so it can't be true. In other words, on my approximately 35th attempt, it worked.

Way to go, Ubisoft...

Angrym0nkey
06-12-2012, 05:12 PM
I got this achievement a couple of days ago, my friend was on the other team and stunned my teammates, I killed him only twice in that game and got the achievement, same thing happened to him, he got 2 or 3 prevents in another game and the achievement popped (I've gotten other prevent data hacks across many other matches, but i don't know why it decided to pop now)

Bajan Elite
06-29-2012, 10:03 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/680962-Ubi-People-%28and-all-you-other-people-too%29-A-moment-of-your-time-please/page52

I spoke with Ubi-Brock on this and this was his response

"My understanding from the designer responsible for the achievement (I have been unable to earn the achievement myself yet) is: all of the prevented hack attempts must occur in the same match to count for the achievement."

LSDragon
07-04-2012, 08:29 AM
I was just about to create a topic asking the same question. I have well over 30 interruptions and the achievement has yet to unlock.

And i also have the same problem get'n the ACTIONABLE INTEL Ach.
I have over the 50 Coord Kills. At least 3 a game. And i play like 3hrs a day since release!!!!!:mad: Wierd game.

fastNcurious
07-04-2012, 04:40 PM
I spoke with Ubi-Brock on this and this was his response

"My understanding from the designer responsible for the achievement (I have been unable to earn the achievement myself yet) is: all of the prevented hack attempts must occur in the same match to count for the achievement."

Wow. They don't even know their own game. They can program, but they don't know how to read their own code?!

I got this achievement across multiple games. There's no way you can do this legit in one game unless you have a team of total tards getting tased all the time.

McGoogles
07-05-2012, 01:45 AM
I've interrupted an enemy's attempt to hack a teammate about a dozen times but still haven't unlocked the achievement.

I got this achievement across multiple games. There's no way you can do this legit in one game unless you have a team of total tards getting tased all the time.

I agree, it's almost impossible to get this during a single match. The most I got in a single match was three, and that was with the luck of being near those teammates that were being hacked.

The Duke of Darkness
07-05-2012, 09:47 AM
If the person you stop has already taken damage it wont count thats why it takes so long.