PDA

View Full Version : mage build early?

joab777
06-06-2012, 02:42 AM
So, I want to be a mystic knight I believe but I figure I will base my play through on augments, switching classes to build the ultimate mystic knight magic build. But what should I focus on early as a image. I'll buy levitate. What is most effective early?

Grummy
06-06-2012, 05:23 AM
To begin with, I'd go with fire as it hurts everything to begin with, just make sure that you also have the heal spell up to date as by playing a mage, healing will be your job. Your basic pattern for early mage will be to keep people's weapons enchanted with fire, heal when needed, and use fire spells to help out. As soon as the Firewall spell becomes available, make sure to get that, it takes a bit longer to cast, but when it hits right, it is a fantastic spell, particularly against the bigger monsters.

As for augments, they are drip fed through the 10 ranks, so you'll have time to study them and try them out, but you will want to pick up the augments that boost your magic and increase the length of time of your weapon enchants.

Others may have a different view, but for my money, Fire enchant-heal-firespell is a solid combination to start with.