PDA

View Full Version : How are pawns ranked?

J4ckyb0y1
06-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Looked at some of the top ranked pawns, and it makes no sense to me why they are top ranked. One had no augments, some had little or no gear upgrades. Most I would not bother to hire based on gear and augments or lack there of. How the hell are these top ranked?

TheLegendOf1977
06-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Was wondering the same... All the "regular" pawns seem to work fine for me, no need to spend cr. on overprised (useless) pawns.

Zim
06-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Looked at some of the top ranked pawns, and it makes no sense to me why they are top ranked. One had no augments, some had little or no gear upgrades. Most I would not bother to hire based on gear and augments or lack there of. How the hell are these top ranked?

Do you have people on your friends list with dragon's dogma? If the answer is yes then congratulations you just earned 5 stars in every category!

That's the problem with the system. I really think ratings from people on your friends list shouldn't count.

Not only this but I have noticed some very funny trends. Now it's only with my own character so it may just be chance and not be anything.

However to me it seems as though the vast majority of users hire a pawn based on two things. Appearance and rating.

The reason being I had a pawn who was a purpose built Mage. Was rank 9 in it, had the best spells possible and nearly the best equipment she could have. Got hired a bit but not too much. Then changed her to a sorcerer soon became rank 9 and again best spells and nearly best gear possible. Got hired a little less.

Then I wanted some different augments so changed her to a ranger. Having levelled up so much as a mage/sorcerer she is a very bad ranger as the stats don't match the class at all. Not only this but since it isn't the main class for her I just bought basic equipment. Despite this all of a sudden she started getting hired FAR more.

Besides class (which I can't figure out why people would be hiring more rangers than mages/sorcerers) the only thing to change was the looks. The mage/sorcerer gear looked very bad. While the ranger gear looked much better. As a ranger she didn't even have a full amount of skills equipped and I left her augments as mage ones! Literally no-one should have been hiring her lol.

Tyrantus
06-06-2012, 04:21 PM
I don't hire based on rank or appearance, unless they appear to have horrible gear for their level in which case I will not hire them!

I just search for pawns my level, pick the jobs I want to summon and then when they pop I check their gear is average+, check they have abilities and such that I find useful and it's always a bit nicer if their vocation is levelled thoroughly.

Now I know really I should be looking into more things, like I should check their hp and what not to tell if they have more than one vocation levelled etc but I don't encounter any troubles with the way I play and have no difficulty killing things so it seems to work. If I ever do happen upon a pawn that seems to do nothing, other than run away from the monsters which is annoying, I just swap them out if I chance upon someone better on the road. Otherwise I wait until I swap both pawns out, normally every few levels.

My pawn hardly ever got hired when he was a mage, which is what I wanted him for, I started leveling Fighter and Warrior on him to get his hp up and gave him my gear while I levelled assassin etc and he gets hired loads more! I think it is just because the melee armour looks "cooler" than the mage armour.