PDA

View Full Version : harder to level vocations at higher levels?

joab777
06-06-2012, 06:29 PM
I'm trying to figure out my route. I know its discipline points but do they level separately or is it harder to level a vocation at high levels? Are there tricks to getting discipline points?

Zim
06-06-2012, 06:37 PM
I can't say for certain and perhaps somehow will correct me.

However as far as I can tell levelling up vocations is completely independent of your character level. When I'm higher level and change vocation I notice that I absolutely speed through the first few ranks in it as I am fighting tougher enemies that give more DPs than earlier in the game.

As for tricks to getting DPs I don't know. I suspect some enemies give higher amounts and it wouldn't be too hard to tell. Just check your DPs, kill an enemy and check again.

k1ll1ng5pr33
06-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Dcp gain has nothing to do with leveling up. The first few Vocation ranks are obtained fairly quick. While the last 2-3 ranks might take quite some while.

You even gain Dcp by simply killing at max vocation rank.

Phantomsiren
06-06-2012, 09:15 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/626515-dragons-dogma/62984110

Go to this link above. The guy there explains in very specific detail on how the job points work and how to level them the quickest. I tried his "post game" method of farming the infinitely spawning city guards with a full party of four at level 98, and within 8-15 minutes, I would level my vocation by one. By far the quickest in my personal experience.

I tried farming big monsters (mini bosses) in Everfall and it seemed to take longer and if you read his post, he explains why. So yeah, have patience and you will level your class within a few hours compared to many more.

P.S. Your goal is to farm anything (rabbits, goblins, boars, wolves, etc) that gives you less than 100 experience to maxmize your job points. Sounds crazy but it works :)