PDA

View Full Version : Sparton Ops Team Finding Thread :D

theNomad
06-07-2012, 12:41 AM
Only joking I painfully know its too soon to make anything like that here ( :mad: 4 more months), but as much as I'm interested in the Spartan Ops/Wargame idea its sad its been introduced instead of FireFight.

Halo 4 introduces "Spartan Ops," a separate adventure that follows the Majestic Squad aboard the UNSC Infinity in weekly, episodic releases accompanied by new missions. It represents one of the extra game modes available and can be played solo or cooperatively as multiplayer.

I do love the idea of weekly changing content, hope its not just a 1st month or two then forgotten thing.

DEG23
06-07-2012, 01:03 AM
If it's anything like the weekly challenges in Reach, we will start to see recycled content, and from the vid it does look a lot like firefight.

Oh and sign me up for the team;)

DarkReign2021
06-07-2012, 01:25 AM
To be honest Halo's Campaign has always somewhat mirrored the Firefight setup to begin with. The whole waves thing is very similar to the infamous "Incoming Enemy Dropship" approach. Moments like the 3 Marine Recovery scenes in Halo 1 and the beginning of Outskirts in Halo 2. (though it's sad to see this idea dying out more and more as each game goes on.) Firefight in ODST felt like a pretty typical encounter in the Halo series until the predictability of each wave sank in. Reach was too structured because of the predictability of enemy types in each wave and enemy spawn locations (on top of the issue that all enemies either spawned in through a dropship or teleported into the level. ODST had entry doors throughout the levels that randomly spawned enemies and made it harder to predict.)

Spartan Ops mode seems to cut back on the predictable 5 waves, 3 rounds issue that Firefight possessed in favor of the more traditional enemy encounters of the series. I'm hoping we'll get more of a traditional Campaign feel from SO.