PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy Coming to Xbox Live

Weapon 117
08-30-2007, 08:29 PM
Twentieth Century Fox and Microsoft announced today that seasons one and two of Family Guy are coming to the Xbox Live.

Fox's Hilarious Animated Comedy 'Family Guy' Coming to Xbox 360

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., Aug. 30 /PRNewswire/ -- "Family Guy," the irreverent animated comedy that was twice canceled and then returned to the airwaves by popular demand is coming to the Xbox LIVE download to own service this Sunday September 2, 2007. Last year, "Family Guy" was the #1 rated primetime series of all networks among Men 18-34, which is the same core demographic for Xbox LIVE. The agreement was announced by Jamie McCabe, Executive Vice President, PPV/VOD/EST for Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, and Ross Honey, Senior Director, Media & Entertainment Group for Microsoft Corporation.

Beginning September 2, all U.S. Xbox 360 owners will be able to purchase full episode downloads from seasons one and two of the hit series, as well as "Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin -- The Untold Story." Xbox LIVE users, which make up the largest online console gaming community on any gaming console, will be able to load up on the eclectic "Family Guy" household. Created and executive produced by Seth MacFarlane, the Emmy Award-winning animated comedy has become more than a television show, growing into a full-fledged cultural phenomenon.

"'Family Guy' is a perfect match for Xbox LIVE," stated Fox's McCabe. "The Xbox LIVE community will love having the Griffin family on this platform."

Microsoft's Honey said, "It's exciting that Xbox LIVE users are going to be amongst the first to be able to download 'Family Guy' and add these episodes to their digital library of entertainment. This series is so popular on TV; it's sure to be a hit on the service."

Xbox LIVE Marketplace continues to grow as new partners and content are added to the service. The service currently offers more than 2,800 hours of premium entertainment content from 30 networks and studios.

Xbox LIVE Marketplace content is available to all Xbox 360 owners.

Source: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14380/Family-Guy-Coming-to-Xbox-Live/

DoM cAbAn
08-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Ah, Family Guy is a great show. ;) I might have to download some of these episodes. Thanks for sharing!

k_dog
08-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Nice to know even though I own them all.

TheRealist50
08-30-2007, 08:48 PM
haha sweet, I will most likely download some of these.

08-30-2007, 10:09 PM
http://www.dysphunktion.com/images/hotfreakinsweet.jpg

TimmayTheTurtle
08-30-2007, 10:13 PM
o i thought XBLA :(

but i might download this when i get my 200g hard drive. thx

cyberhookup
08-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Yes 1 of the best shows on television is coming to the marketplace. I hope they do some sort of promotional thing and give out all sorts of free stuff while there in a good mood lol.

Cold Rival
08-30-2007, 10:21 PM
http://www.dysphunktion.com/images/hotfreakinsweet.jpg

Lol!

Xbox LIVE Marketplace content is available to all Xbox 360 owners.

Good to hear that it won't be restricted to those living in the US! :D

infradude
08-30-2007, 10:34 PM
Finally! Now if only the simpsons was on the marketplace. But you gotta love family guy too.

cyberhookup
08-30-2007, 10:37 PM
Finally! Now if only the simpsons was on the marketplace. But you gotta love family guy too.
Yeah that would be kick a$$ if they decided to do the Simpson's on marketplace to.

TimmayTheTurtle
08-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Yeah that would be kick a$$ if they decided to do the Simpson's on marketplace to.

that would be really hard to do... theres like 47587841981 episodes:p

cyberhookup
08-30-2007, 10:44 PM
that would be really hard to do... theres like 47587841981 episodes:p
Yeah but I'm sure they would stand to make a lot of money if they somehow managed to do that.

They need to make a money symbol to be able to use in posts.

TimmayTheTurtle
08-30-2007, 10:46 PM

not a bad idea ::cough:: admins ::cough::

Krohboy
08-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Yeah but I'm sure they would stand to make a lot of money if they somehow managed to do that.

uhhh what about $?

Pez
08-30-2007, 10:50 PM
I read about this on Filefront.

It was written as a rumour at first, then updated to be confirmed by FOX.

It's a pity us guys in the UK don't get the video marketplace. Yet...

~SS

veritas347
08-30-2007, 10:51 PM
Haha when I saw this title I was like...don't tell me they are going to ruin another TV show by trying to make a game out of it. Fortunately this is way better news because I love family guy and this is just one way of being able to watch it more

cyberhookup
08-30-2007, 10:52 PM
uhhh what about $?

I was saying that they should make an animated money symbol to use. I don't really like that plain old money symbol.

ac2565
08-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Haha when I saw this title I was like...don't tell me they are going to ruin another TV show by trying to make a game out of it.
They already released a family guy game on the xbox.

JJBDude
08-30-2007, 11:34 PM
Good news I guess but I was still hoping for a game or Xbox Live Arcade game. I won't bother downloading as firstly I don't have the space on my hardrive and even then I can watch the episodes for free on the Internet, yeah I'm cheap. :)

cyberhookup
08-31-2007, 07:08 AM
Good news I guess but I was still hoping for a game or Xbox Live Arcade game. I won't bother downloading as firstly I don't have the space on my hardrive and even then I can watch the episodes for free on the Internet, yeah I'm cheap. :)
Yeah same thing here. I actually like it better then real television lol.

Nick G 42390
08-31-2007, 07:57 PM
All I have to say is, giggity giggity, all righttttt.

VaRIABLE SoUL
09-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Family Guy eps for DL? Sweeeeeeet :)

I'm gonna have to DL me some of those classics