PDA

View Full Version : Part 2 entering certification

IEvil IMonkey
06-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Release date is getting closer :woop: Although it says it'll be out by the end of June!!! Probably looking at a 2mth gap between this and 1st Ep now

http://www.xblafans.com/the-walking-dead-episode-2-entering-certification-soon-49661.html

zTiamaTz
06-08-2012, 01:12 AM
It was them that announced it would be a monthly release, they should have had all of this worked out ahead of time. If I'd known they were going to pull this crap beforehand, I would have waited until they were all released and bought the whole lot at once.

IEvil IMonkey
06-08-2012, 01:21 AM
It was them that announced it would be a monthly release, they should have had all of this worked out ahead of time. If I'd known they were going to pull this crap beforehand, I would have waited until they were all released and bought the whole lot at once.

I know its frustrating but it'll be worth it

RickyD31
06-08-2012, 03:17 PM
We are waiting for too long :chair

LDHughes
06-08-2012, 03:39 PM

I agree, its turned from a nice idea of monthly episodic updates, giving me something to look forward to.
To something that I'm getting frustrated waiting for and will have forgotten some of the details of the 1st one by the time it's released.

zTiamaTz
06-08-2012, 06:55 PM
I agree, its turned from a nice idea of monthly episodic updates, giving me something to look forward to.
To something that I'm getting frustrated waiting for and will have forgotten some of the details of the 1st one by the time it's released.

This is the first and last time I do the 'episode' thing. For now on, no matter how good the game looks, I won't pay a single point until the whole thing is out.

Also, nice Zombie avatar.

Starkweather
06-11-2012, 03:29 PM
I was so hoping for an early June release. Now i won't be able to play till July, i am going to be away from my Xbox for the release of this and Dawnguard unless they give me beta this week, bad times :(

TealPavelski
06-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Certification doesn't take that long. Hopefully it comes out sooner than later!

el_pieablo
06-13-2012, 08:53 AM
It'll be done when its done people. Maybe Telltale where ambitious with their release schedule, maybe its money issues we dont know, so it'll be out soon enough

the action frampton
06-13-2012, 11:51 AM
It's been so long since the original episode I honestly don't know if I'll even bother picking up the second episode on release. Like others have said, probably wait until all of them are released, get them then and start from scratch. I've already forgotten most of what happened and the decisions I made.

They should have figured this all out months ago; are we going to have to wait 2 months between every episode?!?

Burnout x360a
06-13-2012, 12:04 PM
I don't remember them saying monthly anywhere? I might be forgetful though.

IEvil IMonkey
06-13-2012, 04:34 PM
I don't remember them saying monthly anywhere? I might be forgetful though.

TellTale said it and it was in the x360a news aswell.... Below is their quote!!

Telltale has a strong history of releasing episodic games but more importantly, we wanted this game to offer an experience analogous to the comic books and TV show, which are also episodic in nature. We have plans for 5 episodes, releasing once per month."

Source: http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead (Click on "Got a Question? Click Here" and scroll down a bit)

Skorpion XBA
06-13-2012, 05:41 PM

Telltale has a strong history of releasing episodic games but more importantly, we wanted this game to offer an experience analogous to the comic books and TV show, which are also episodic in nature. We have plans for 5 episodes, releasing once per month."

So much for that though. I may just wait like some of the others are doing for all of them to come out then get them all. I hope each new episode has a recap of the previous ones.

DOOKH8R
06-13-2012, 05:50 PM

Source: http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead (Click on "Got a Question? Click Here" and scroll down a bit)

To be fair, it doesn't say consecutive months.

IEvil IMonkey
06-13-2012, 06:04 PM

We all know it means that though

i fist brown i
06-14-2012, 05:31 AM
awww man, can this come out already!?!??! i've been itching for an arcade game purchase, but everything since Minecraft looks boring.

(like how i didnt include minecraft in the list of games that look boring? lol)

ShinobiSteve81
06-15-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm done with paying for episode games too until they actually friggin finish a story, or stick to a schedule. Especially after getting burned by the Penny Arcade games.

RickyD31
06-16-2012, 11:57 AM
C'mon this is obvious...

Burnout x360a
06-16-2012, 12:34 PM

Telltale has a strong history of releasing episodic games but more importantly, we wanted this game to offer an experience analogous to the comic books and TV show, which are also episodic in nature. We have plans for 5 episodes, releasing approximately once per month.

Approximately once a month, would assume that means they would aim for once a month but it's not set in stone.

Ratpelt
06-17-2012, 02:40 AM
We have plans for 5 episodes, releasing once per month."

We all know it means that though

C'mon this is obvious...

I think that "once per month" is a very deliberate use of language and DOOKH8R is right, it isn't necessarily consecutive months. A far more usual turn of phrase for "on a consecutive monthly basis" would be something like "each month", or "every month".

To me it seems deliberately vague, to allow for the possibility of releases being a month apart as well being delayed, but "once per month" is definitely "not more than once in a given month" rather than "each consecutive month".

LickableLemons7
06-18-2012, 03:17 AM
Still no word around the web about an actual date episode 2 is out?

DOOKH8R
06-18-2012, 04:15 AM
I think that "once per month" is a very deliberate use of language and DOOKH8R is right, it isn't necessarily consecutive months. A far more usual turn of phrase for "on a consecutive monthly basis" would be something like "each month", or "every month".

To me it seems deliberately vague, to allow for the possibility of releases being a month apart as well being delayed, but "once per month" is definitely "not more than once in a given month" rather than "each consecutive month".

That's what I like to see- critical thinking.

IEvil IMonkey
06-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Looks like my est. In the 1st post was spot on

Been reported in today's x360a news that it'll be out at the end of June for sure now although no def release date has been announced

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-12059-The-Walking-Dead-Episode-2-Coming--Around-the-End-of-June-.html

IEvil IMonkey
06-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Also here's some new screen shots of Ep 2 from over at TA

http://www.trueachievements.com/newsitem.aspx?newsitemid=9417

LickableLemons7
06-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Those screenshots look fantastic. They've probably been "cleaned up" though.... The lighting looks a ton better than what I remember.

I hope this comes out by the 26th or 27th.

MachineGunMatt
06-20-2012, 04:15 AM
Damn it seems like forever I hope its out at the end of the month.