PDA

View Full Version : My pawn is a douche

Tenreth
06-08-2012, 12:09 AM
I can't end the final battle. I keep trying and trying, but all what i get is dying and dying.
What my pawn does? - Nothing!
Hes standing far away from the enemy, barely moving. Stopped counting my attempts at 14...
I can't stand this anymore. Story should have ended after dragon battle. Damn you, Capcom.

Powerman1469
06-08-2012, 04:21 AM
I can't end the final battle. I keep trying and trying, but all what i get is dying and dying.
What my pawn does? - Nothing!
Hes standing far away from the enemy, barely moving. Stopped counting my attempts at 14...
I can't stand this anymore. Story should have ended after dragon battle. Damn you, Capcom.

Tell that lazy sob to Help! ( Left or Right on D-pad ) *Spoiler* To beat the end guy you have to weaken him to zero health then your pawn will put him in a full nelson, then you can do the final blow =D

Rayne ZA
06-08-2012, 06:04 AM
I noticed that if you stay too far away from him your pawn won't run up and grab him. Just circle him a few times.

Also, a very, very important oversight -

Every time somebody rents your pawn, its inclination changes to fit the other pawn(s) of whoever rented it and it seems that 9 times out of 10, it reverts to Guardian, which is the most useless inclination of them all. All they do on Guardian is walk close to you. They will not attack mobs.

If you often call your pawn to help (D-Pad), it'll change its inclination to Guardian as well.

Major oversight and extremely annoying.

Tenreth
06-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Thanks to you both. I finally made it after ~30+ attempts. Those 2 lines, he's constantly screaming, are burning in my head right now.
But left/right d-pad won't help, for me at least. Either standing 50feet away or sometimes close to me, but w/o grabbing or hitting. Tried holding him by myself, but as soon as he tried to strike him (wuhu, at least) the explosion blew me off.
I have no idea how, but then, out of nowhere, my pawn grabbed him, while i was far away - thank god, i was a ranger.

Hope they improve that pawn system somehow.

stefb42
06-08-2012, 01:28 PM
'Master, i'll strike it in the mouth while it breathes fire' ...needless to say every time it breathed fire the genius would die

AlterEgo3561
06-09-2012, 03:12 AM
It really is some of the stranges AI, sometimes it is scary smart.. but other times.. (pawn goes and jumps in fountain) "I'm soaked to the bone!"

BloodGodAlucard
06-09-2012, 06:17 AM
This is infuriating me to no end! Someone decided to rent my pawn right before this fight so he switched to Guardian. My stupid fucking pawn will not grab him no matter what I do, and I constantly run out of healing items and die. :mad:

I love the twists in the story at the end, but this is annoying as Hell. :uzi:

Update: I finally got it. The weird thing was that no matter how many times I tried it, my pawn would not grab him. Finally I raged and just grabbed him myself again. (I had already done this about 10 times and it didn't work.) Out of nowhere my pawn charges in and impales him for the kill!

Great ending to a great game. I love the twists. I really hope this gets a sequel in the near future and turns into a successful franchise. For some reason I ended up on the beach with Madeleine even though Aelinore was my sacrifice and romance/wife. So I ended up with 3 different women in the end. Aelinore as my wife. Madeleine as my true ending girl, and Selene as my in house mistress. :D

The Destroyernatorer
06-10-2012, 11:35 AM
I had a massive problem with the end game dragon.

I specifically gave my mage pawn dark affinity, but no matter how much I pressed left/right on the d-pad he did nothing and wouldn't enchant my weapon.

That fight would have been so much quicker if the AI had been even remotely functional.

Tenreth
06-10-2012, 11:57 AM
I had a massive problem with the end game dragon.

I specifically gave my mage pawn dark affinity, but no matter how much I pressed left/right on the d-pad he did nothing and wouldn't enchant my weapon.

That fight would have been so much quicker if the AI had been even remotely functional.

I know. Even a cyclops is harder. None of the melee classes climbs on it to get the helmet off. I end up doing it all by myself... as a sorcerer/mage/random ranged class i try to max out. I skip those fights at the moment.

Rise
06-10-2012, 05:32 PM
The only thing that bothers me about the pawns..

-runs through an obvious river/jumps in a fountain-

CAREFUL MASTER YOU AREN'T SOAKED IN WATER.

so what's in this liquid that everyone has been drinking? D:

J4ckyb0y1
06-10-2012, 07:59 PM
I know. Even a cyclops is harder. None of the melee classes climbs on it to get the helmet off. I end up doing it all by myself... as a sorcerer/mage/random ranged class i try to max out. I skip those fights at the moment.

If you don't do it and teach your pawn how to do it (cyclops helm), it wont do it on it's own. Guessing most folks struggling with the pawns have the inclinations set wrong or they are unaware that it has been changed. My mage pawn stopped healing during fights. Check and saw the inclination changed to scather/mitigation from mitigation/medicant. Giving medicant/challenger a try right now.

Sarsage
06-10-2012, 08:32 PM
runs through an obvious river/jumps in a fountain-

My three pawns will always run through the water that gives you all those curses near the great wall. "Master, I cannot see", that's what you get for being an idiot.

Person5
06-11-2012, 10:14 AM
How do you change the inclinations? Any time I go to a knowledge chair I can only change their speech, I'm in the middle of my NG+ and I'm still trying to figure this out.

Rayne ZA
06-11-2012, 10:35 AM
You buy potions from the vendor next to the rift stone in the encampment. To set as primary inclination drink the same potion twice. To set as secondary inclination drink it once.

... until somebody rents your pawn again, then you'll have to do it again... and again... and again... and...