PDA

View Full Version : uPlay Passport Question (no, I'm not trading/giving away)

Redemption Mode
06-08-2012, 03:19 PM
I've got a Ghost Recon Future Soldier uPlay Passport, and I'm looking to give it to my buddy in Italy. Does anyone know whether or not the code themselves are region locked? (I know the game is since I bought it here in the States)

Thank you in advance.

MyPetWorm
06-08-2012, 08:00 PM
So I had a dab around the big ol' internet for you, and I found many people saying/complaining that they couldn't use a code because of region lock. However, all of them were PS3 users. So here is an offical quote from a page for "Problems" with codes not unlocking;

- [PS3 only] Does the region of your game match that of your console?
Check to verify that the region of the disc matches the region of the DLC. If your game's product code begins with BLUS, you have a Region 1 disk (US/North America). If the product code begins with BLES, you have a Region 2 (Europe) disc. If your product code starts with BLAS, you have a region 3 (Asian) disc. Downloadable Content is region-locked, meaning that it will only redeem if it matches the region of the disc. If your PSN account is registered in a different region (based on the address you provide when signing up) from your disc, you will not be able to use the DLC with that disc.

I think it will work for xbox 360's, but you can't be certain until you try it! :D

Redemption Mode
06-15-2012, 01:36 PM
We went ahead and tried it through his region and console, and yes, the uPlay Passport code IS NOT region locked. I'm just glad to help a friend out...

Thanks, MyPetWorm. :)