PDA

View Full Version : Prometheans - the new threat

Vectorman953
06-09-2012, 10:03 PM
So in the newest halo bulletin, bs angel revealed that the enemy we'll be fighting in halo 4 is, in fact, the didact and and their security devices

"among other things, the Campaign demo introduced a brand-new enemy class – the Prometheans. The Prometheans are an elite Forerunner warrior class tasked with defending Requiem. Similar to the Covenant, the Prometheans feature a vast variety of different species with sophisticated tactics, technology and unique abilities. The demo also revealed a first look at three Promethean weapons: the Light Rifle, Repeater, and Scattershot, all of which will be available in campaign and multiplayer."
(link (http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/06/09/The-Halo-Bulletin-6912.aspx))

So what do you guys think?

DarkReign2021
06-10-2012, 12:30 AM
Wonder what it is that makes Requiem so special... So far we've discovered two shield worlds that were both abandoned aside from the Engineer's in Glasslands. This third one is obviously different from the last two. Whatever they're defending must be pretty important if they require defenses when the shield world in Halo Wars contained an entire armada of warships and they didn't feel the need to defend it.

Aside from that, I'm also curious exactly why the Didact and Ecumene council feel it necessary to take action against the Human Race. I can understand the hostility toward humanity in the Forerunner trilogy, but that takes place before the extinction event and modern humanity is completely unaware of their history as an advanced civilization. The builders hold a grudge because the Precursor picked Humanity over them, but the Librarian and Didact are actively working to protect the Humans and preserve all life in the Galaxy. According to Glasslands, the Librarian still plays a prominent role in the modern day storyline, so I can't fathom why the Forerunner are against us unless they're decided into two factions. We really need the third Forerunner novel to clear things up.

Dz06lt
06-10-2012, 12:36 AM
I dont give a shit who the enemy is as long as the flood are gone for good.

xXmyxxmastaXx
06-10-2012, 01:44 AM
I dont give a shit who the enemy is as long as the flood are gone for good.

i hope the flood come back

I mak3 big boom
06-10-2012, 01:53 AM

Me to I want to see them on the Halo 4 engine.

DarkReign2021
06-10-2012, 06:27 AM
Inferi will be back in Halo 5, so they won't be missing for too long. Halo 4 just has to take time to introduce the Forerunner into the plot and make players comfortable with their role in the series.

RBmaster9345
06-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Me to I want to see them on the Halo 4 engine.

I would have liked to see a FireFight map with/ or dedicated to them when CE Aniv came out but I do NOT want to see them ever again lol

Dz06lt
06-11-2012, 01:01 AM
Inferi will be back in Halo 5, so they won't be missing for too long. Halo 4 just has to take time to introduce the Forerunner into the plot and make players comfortable with their role in the series.

Game is not a prequil, im pretty sure they flood were iradicated unless i missed something from halo 3.

Kaiyo
06-11-2012, 06:19 AM
The flood will return. Theres the other rings out there that contained the Flood and there's even bigger halo rings made by the Greater Ark that probably also contained them too.

Mighty Goliath89
06-11-2012, 08:37 AM
The flood will probs return which I have no qualms about just hope they make them abit more exciting to fight, will be cool entering a massive 3 way battle between flood prometeans and the covenant :D OT the new enemmies remind me of the ceph from crysis which is good because they are fun to fight against ^^b

DarkReign2021
06-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Game is not a prequil, im pretty sure they flood were iradicated unless i missed something from halo 3.

The Inferi is an intergalactic parasite that has invaded and consumed entire galaxies. The Forerunner fought the Inferi for centuries, but had no luck controlling it because their numbers are innumerable. The only way to stop the immediate threat was the complete eradication of all life in the Galaxy, but even with the activation of the Halo Array, samples were held on all 7 rings as well as numerous other Forerunner facilities in an attempt to continue finding a cure even after their passing. The failed containment of just 1 could result in a release of the Flood parasite as well just as we witnessed on both Installations 04 and 05. Those outbreaks, however, were small because they didn't have enough time to fully develop. The first outbreak wasn't able to fully develop a Gravemind and although the second outbreak was able to, the limited biomass and lack of spacecraft on Installation 05 effectively contained the Flood until the Covenant showed up and High Charity was commandeered.

On top of that, there is a known tie between the Precursors and the Inferi. Since the Forerunner failed to fully eradicate the Precursor and they have the ability to create any life they choose (they're responsible for the very existence of the Forerunner and Humanity as well as all of the other races in the Halo Universe) the Precursor's can just send more from the hundreds of other galaxies that they've consumed or create more. Until the Precursor are completely eradicated and a cure is found to resist or eradicate the parasite, they will never be stopped.

ZingZitang
06-11-2012, 09:15 PM
. . . the Librarian and Didact are actively working to protect the Humans and preserve all life in the Galaxy. According to Glasslands, the Librarian still plays a prominent role in the modern day storyline, so I can't fathom why the Forerunner are against us unless they're decided into two factions. We really need the third Forerunner novel to clear things up.
Considering they're now incorperating all Established Canon and want to make everything mesh together(instead of just saying "Well our story is more important than the books" like Bungie often said), I'm very intrigued after finding out these Forerunner forces are somehow affiliated with the Didact.

I wonder, since these are synthetic entities(What we've seen so far) and not Actual Forerunners, if there is some sort of malfunction or logic corruption issue like Mendicant Bias? However I suppose it could be something like the Didacts Children, and have their organic minds combined with the machines. So many questions.

Darkforce412
06-15-2012, 04:11 PM

that would be interesting if they were still alive but in halo 3 they were all whipped out including the grave mind. So now i see these odd creatures with very advance weapons and i am interested in seeing what they have planned.

ZingZitang
06-15-2012, 08:41 PM
that would be interesting if they were still alive but in halo 3 they were all whipped out including the grave mind.
The Flood still exist. They cannot be exterminated by one relatively small explosion.

They most likely still exist somewhere within the Milky Way(Only a Very, Very small fraction has been explored after all), but they most Definitely Still exist somewhere outside the Milky Way.

Rannoch
06-30-2012, 08:49 PM
I misread it as Protheans. Whew, thats good.