PDA

View Full Version : How to Use the My Profile Feature

Brighton X
08-31-2007, 03:22 AM
OK, here's all that you have to know about the My Profile section of the site.

How To Get There:
First go to User CP in the top left of the screen. Then on the Left Side you will see the Control Panel, click Edit Profile under Settings & Options.

Registration Required Information:
Emal & Password: Here you can change your Email & Password. You will have to know your Current Password to use this feature.

Optional Information:

Date of Birth: Here you can tell the site when you were born. You will have 4 options:
1)Hide Age & Date of Birth: Noone but you can see your age & date of birth.
2)Display Age Only: People will be able to tell how old you are when looking at your Profile.
3)Display Only Day & Month of Birth: People will be able to see your Date of Birth is in your profile, on the calendar, & also on the bottom of the Forum Home Page on your date of birth.
4)Display Age & Full Date of Birth: People will be able to see your Date of Birth & Age in your Profile, on the calendar & also on the Forum Home Page on your birthday.

Homepage URL: Here you can post the URL of your Hompage, people will be able to see it in your Profile.

Instant Messaging: Here you will be able to put your screen names for Instant Messaging. These will show in your Profile & next to your posts. You can put the following:
ICQ Number
AIM Screen Name
MSN Messenger Handle
Yahoo! Messenger Handle
Skype Name

Additional Information:

Biography: Here you tell a few things about yourself, other people can see this in your Profile.

Location: Here you show where you live, other people can see this in your Profile & next to your posts.

Interests: Here you tell everyone your hobbies, others can see this in your Profile.

Occupation: Here you tell everyone your job, others can see this in your Profile.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Here you can show your Xbox Live Gamertag, this will show next to your posts.

Please tell me anything I should add. If this has alreddy been made or is just not good feel free to delete it.
-Brighton

J Lo
08-31-2007, 08:51 AM
Hmm, maybe this will cut down the threads made by new people on the site asking how to do this. Nice work Brighton! :)

~J Lo

Brighton X
08-31-2007, 04:59 PM
Hmm, maybe this will cut down the threads made by new people on the site asking how to do this. Nice work Brighton! :)

~J Lo

Yeah, it took me about 45 minutes to make last night so I'm glad you like it. Maybe I can even get it stickied :)

Brighton X
09-02-2007, 09:45 PM
To Mods: Could this get stickied? I'm not sure if this was overlooked or bad, if it is bad feel free to lock it.

-Brighton