PDA

View Full Version : Avenger Chronicles

Wildmn34
06-11-2012, 07:33 PM
The latest table pack for Pinball FX2 now has an official release date as announced on Zen Studio's blog today.

Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles has been confirmed for a June 19th release for Marvel Pinball on PlayStation Network for PS3 in North America ($9.99), and June 20th for Pinball FX2 on Xbox LIVE Arcade (800 MSP) and Marvel Pinball on PlayStation Network for PS3 in Europe (€9.99).

In celebration of this announcement, we are releasing a new trailer for The Infinity Gauntlet, one of the most stunning pinball tables ever created.

The Infinity Gauntlet - YouTube

The Infinity Gauntlet table features Thanos in a big way, and with Marvel Entertainment’s apparent plans to bring the Mad Titan front and center, The Infinity Gauntlet table is a great way to get familiar with his background story and powers. This table literally gets flipped upside down as Silver Surfer and Adam Warlock battle Thanos and recover the six Infinity Gems (Time, Space, Reality, Power, Mind, Soul) to save the Universe. Each Infinity Gem produces a special effect, and in order to activate Wizard Mode, players will need to master each gem!

Source (http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=1539)

There are 4 tables in the pack. The above Infinity Gaulntel.

Avengers

The Avengers Pinball Trailer - YouTube

World War Hulk

Marvel Pinball: World War Hulk Trailer - YouTube

and Fear Itself

Marvel Pinball: Fear Itself Trailer - YouTube

So, Wednesday, June 20th for 800 MSP. must buy for most Pinball FX2 fans. Remember you can always download the demo and see what you think as well.

Looks lik it's time to battle for some more top scores on new tables. :woop:

KaiohHokuto
06-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Each of the tables only has 1 achievement and they are worth 50 pts each. The PS3 version will have 3 trophies per table.

I guess they are having to limit the number of achievements for each table now that they are closing in on 99 achievements. At least there is still 50 points to be made on each of the new tables.

A Legend Returns (50:gsicon:) :
Save Cap's ball from draining down an outlane on Marvel's The Avengers table. (single player only)

Surfin' in Space (50:gsicon:) :
Score a Surfer award on Infinity Gauntlet (single player only)

Enter the Arena (50:gsicon:) :
Enter the ruined Arena on World War Hulk! (single player only)

Blitzkrieg USA (50:gsicon:) :
Collect all targets during Blitzkrieg USA on Fear Itself! (single player only)

Wildmn34
06-15-2012, 10:42 PM
Each of the tables only has 1 achievement and they are worth 50 pts each. The PS3 version will have 3 trophies per table.

I guess they are having to limit the number of achievements for each table now that they are closing in on 99 achievements. At least there is still 50 points to be made on each of the new tables.

A Legend Returns (50:gsicon:) :
Save Cap's ball from draining down an outlane on Marvel's The Avengers table. (single player only)

Surfin' in Space (50:gsicon:) :
Score a Surfer award on Infinity Gauntlet (single player only)

Enter the Arena (50:gsicon:) :
Enter the ruined Arena on World War Hulk! (single player only)

Blitzkrieg USA (50:gsicon:) :
Collect all targets during Blitzkrieg USA on Fear Itself! (single player only)

Have to say I am a little disappointed in that. I like the 5,15,30 achievements. If the 99 achievements is the actual reason that sucks.

From what i have played so far the tables are pretty damn good. i can't say much more now though. Hulk is a high scoring table though. 306 million already. :woop:

KaiohHokuto
06-16-2012, 04:12 AM
Have to say I am a little disappointed in that. I like the 5,15,30 achievements. If the 99 achievements is the actual reason that sucks.

From what i have played so far the tables are pretty damn good. i can't say much more now though. Hulk is a high scoring table though. 306 million already. :woop:

I'm inclined to believe it is because of the 99 achievement maximum. So far, I can only recall Orange Box having that many achievements and no other game has matched or exceeded it. Pinball FX 2 is the only game near it.

The tables are great so far. I too wished I could talk about them more in details. Embargoes suck, but nothing I can do about that. :p

I can't wait until they turn the leaderboards on. I'm anxious to see some of the high scores next week!

supadryz
06-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Checkout the trophies list for PS3.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/marvel-pinball/trophies/

Rafie
06-18-2012, 12:55 AM
Well I'm getting AC for both platforms. I'm not mad about the achievements though. I'm actually pretty excited.

bLaKgRaVy
06-18-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm inclined to believe it is because of the 99 achievement maximum. So far, I can only recall Orange Box having that many achievements and no other game has matched or exceeded it. Pinball FX 2 is the only game near it.

The tables are great so far. I too wished I could talk about them more in details. Embargoes suck, but nothing I can do about that. :p

I can't wait until they turn the leaderboards on. I'm anxious to see some of the high scores next week!

The Devil May Cry HD Collection also has 99 achievements.

Red Dead Redemption has 92. Those, as far as I know, are the only 360 retail games besides Orange Box that have over 90 achievements. The only arcade game to have over 90 (91 to be exact) is Family Game Night.

Even Dawn of War II on the PC, despite being 2000 gamerscore, only has 73. And, Gears 3 has 84 achievements with a 2000 gamerscore.

That Japanese game, Monster Hunter Frontier, only has 69 achievements despite having a 2500 gamerscore. Does the 2000 gamerscore rule not apply to Japanese games?

BIG SH0RTY
06-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Microsoft has changed the Gamerscore rules so many times, why not just allow a game to go over 99? Pinball FX is definitely going to make it there eventually, so hopefully something will be done, because I really liked having 3 achievements for each table. Especially since most would include one for beating the Wizard mode, which is always a tough, but fun challenging goal.

Wildmn34
06-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Microsoft has changed the Gamerscore rules so many times, why not just allow a game to go over 99? Pinball FX is definitely going to make it there eventually, so hopefully something will be done, because I really liked having 3 achievements for each table. Especially since most would include one for beating the Wizard mode, which is always a tough, but fun challenging goal.

I agree. I've always liked the 5,15,30. There is a real sense of accomplishment getting them all. Hell, I spent about a week trying to get the 30 pt for the Moon Knight table and was so happy when I finally did. The achievements force you to learn the table and improve. Having one achievement for 50 doesn't do that.

But, I want to me clear. I'm not blaming Zen Studios. I think this is simply out of their control.

French_Kid
06-19-2012, 08:52 PM
sweet! lol

I've only been able to snag the 5 and 15 ones on the tables I have played lol. Easy achievements = win in my book. Pinball FX2 is fun as it is lol.

Wildmn34
06-19-2012, 09:43 PM
sweet! lol

I've only been able to snag the 5 and 15 ones on the tables I have played lol. Easy achievements = win in my book. Pinball FX2 is fun as it is lol.

I have gotten the Hulk one and the Infinity Gauntlet one. Neither were that hard.

Kind of on topic. Those two achievements don't show up on my Gamer card on Xbox.com but I see them on my Xbox. When the tables are officially released tomorrow will they automatically sync? How does that work? Anyone have an idea.

RES1DENT NEMES1S
06-20-2012, 02:39 AM
It's happened time and time again with Fallout 3, Resident Evil 5 etc. You will have to wait until they are on xbox.com and then recover your gamertag and re-earn them.

ShinobiSteve81
06-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Infinity Gauntlet is nuts!

Fortinbras
06-20-2012, 02:37 PM
There is a problem with the achievements of Avengers Chronicles. The gamerscore doesn't add up when earning the achievements.

I got two of the four achievemens a few minutes ago and while the gamerscore has been added to the total gamerscore, the gamerscore for FX2 hasn't increased.

Instead of 645 G I still got 545 G. The 100 G were added to my total gamerscore though.

RES1DENT NEMES1S
06-20-2012, 03:01 PM
There is a problem with the achievements of Avengers Chronicles. The gamerscore doesn't add up when earning the achievements.

I got two of the four achievemens a few minutes ago and while the gamerscore has been added to the total gamerscore, the gamerscore for FX2 hasn't increased.

Instead of 645 G I still got 545 G. The 100 G were added to my total gamerscore though.

AGAIN. You will have to wait until they are on xbox.com and then recover your gamertag and re-earn them.

Wildmn34
06-20-2012, 05:02 PM
AGAIN. You will have to wait until they are on xbox.com and then recover your gamertag and re-earn them.

Well, the achievements ARE on Xbox.com. I recovered my profile, got the Arena achievement on the Hulk table and it's STILL not showing up.

So, maybe there is something wrong.

BIG SH0RTY
06-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Just wondering, do I have to delete my profile off my hard drive before recovering it, or do I just go ahead and download it, and it will replace the other one? I've never done it before, and I don't want to risk losing anything or accidentally doing something stupid

Kinkimono
06-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Just wondering, do I have to delete my profile off my hard drive before recovering it, or do I just go ahead and download it

I didn't delete mine and it just got updated.

on another note it was disappointing how easy the achievements were, if starting a table and exiting once you get the achievement you will have all 4 in less than 15 minutes.

SnapDragon
06-20-2012, 10:37 PM
Ugh. The lack of achievements just makes me sad. And the fact that they're selected from the EASY ones from the PS3 trophies makes me mad. I loved going for all the super-challenging achievements in this game, and Avengers has let me down. :(

This does not inspire confidence for Pinball FX3, either.

Wildmn34
06-20-2012, 11:57 PM
Ugh. The lack of achievements just makes me sad. And the fact that they're selected from the EASY ones from the PS3 trophies makes me mad. I loved going for all the super-challenging achievements in this game, and Avengers has let me down. :(

This does not inspire confidence for Pinball FX3, either.

It is disappointing, but there is really nothing Zen could do about it. Do yo select the hard trophy to be your achievement and piss off the casual fan, do you select the easy one to appeal to a broader range. It's a no win situation.

How does it not inspire confidence for FX3? That would be a whole new game, there by 99 new (possible) achievements. Maybe Zen didn't realize the cap when they started.

BIG SH0RTY
06-21-2012, 02:35 AM
I just don't get why Microsoft can't increase the amount of maximum achievements a game can have? It's not like they don't have the ability to change their policies.. I remember a time when there was a 50 MB limit for XBOX Live Arcade games, and 1250 was the max a game could go with DLC, but now that just seems laughable. They should make exceptions for games like this that are constantly putting out DLC, because they are making Microsoft a ton of money anyways.

It just sucks, because now there isn't that little extra push to try and complete all the tables wizard modes, because nobody will even know that you've done it if you don't get an achievement for it.

BIG SH0RTY
06-21-2012, 02:39 AM
But don't get me wrong, I still love Pinball and will buy every new table that comes out, it's just a shame to go from having 3 goals, to just 1 very easy one on each table. Playing for a high score is fun, but getting the achievement is what proves that you have conquered a table.

HDresden
06-21-2012, 03:57 AM
achievement concerns aside, are the tables actually fun?

The last marvel batch was pretty good, though I found the X-men table a little troubling, when you'd pick up incredible speed on the ramps coming down & you had to have split second reactions to get it sometimes.

going back a bit further, the wolverine table still rubs me the wrong way, it seems like a small table & the color scheme is hard on my eyes.

is there anything like that in this batch?

Wildmn34
06-21-2012, 04:12 AM
achievement concerns aside, are the tables actually fun?

The last marvel batch was pretty good, though I found the X-men table a little troubling, when you'd pick up incredible speed on the ramps coming down & you had to have split second reactions to get it sometimes.

going back a bit further, the wolverine table still rubs me the wrong way, it seems like a small table & the color scheme is hard on my eyes.

is there anything like that in this batch?

Very good, IMO.

Avengers table, there is a TON to do. Each ball (there are 6) has it's own missions, and bonuses. Very good flow, well laid out.

World War Hulk - Ramp heaven. I think there are something like 15 ramps. Can rack up some nasty scoring combos. You can get into a hell of a groove. Really, really like this table.

Infinity Gauntlet - this is one messed up (in a good way) table. 6 gems to get, each has a different power and a different way to get them. Ever played pinball upside down? Now add a multiball. It's nuts.

Fear Itself - wasn't sure of this table at the start, but it's grown on me quite a bit. This is a more mission based table than any of the others.

You can always DL the trial for the tables and give them a test run before you decide. But, like I said, IMO very much worth the $10.

Kinkimono
06-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Even if they wanted to please casual players they could have done 2 easy 1 medium and atleast 1 hard imo. Not a single wizard mode achieve is a bit on the weak side even for pleasing the crowd.

olthof75
06-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Sweet! I hope they continue to keep releasing more and more tables!!!

supadryz
06-21-2012, 10:23 PM
I love all the tables apart for Infinity Gauntlet, it's like playing pinball on drugs, it's just a mess.

I think it's time to move away from marvel tables now there's far to many. I'd love to see The Simpsons Pinball or even Turtles.

karlosthejackal
06-22-2012, 10:22 AM
Sounds simple but im obviously missing somthing as have tryed a few dif things but how the hell do you get the A Legend Returns cheevo? Save caps ball from draining down an outlane? :confused: I see others have had trouble with achievements not showing up i have got 2 that aint showing up that i got has anyone found out a solution for geting these to show up as still saying i got 815g should be 915g. On xbox.com it showing that i havent triggerd them. :confused:

Wildmn34
06-22-2012, 04:44 PM
Sounds simple but im obviously missing somthing as have tryed a few dif things but how the hell do you get the A Legend Returns cheevo? Save caps ball from draining down an outlane? :confused: I see others have had trouble with achievements not showing up i have got 2 that aint showing up that i got has anyone found out a solution for geting these to show up as still saying i got 815g should be 915g. On xbox.com it showing that i havent triggerd them. :confused:

There was an issue with achievements not registering when they were earned. Zen Studios tweeted later in the day on Wednesday that they fixed it. Unfortunately, you'll have to re-earn them.

But, before that you'll need to recover your profile. Sign out of your profile, then it will show you all the profiles on the Xbox. Scroll all the way to the right and select Download profile. Follow the quick steps and then play Pinball again. They should pop, and register the next time you earn them.

On a side note.

If anyone knows how to get the Fear Itself and Avengers tables achievements please let me know. lol

Kinkimono
06-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Sounds simple but im obviously missing somthing as have tryed a few dif things but how the hell do you get the A Legend Returns cheevo?

If anyone knows how to get the Fear Itself and Avengers tables achievements please let me know. lol

I posted a video in the Video Achievement Guide thread for the Avengers table, as for infinity gauntled easiest way is to shoot the ball into the hole under the top right flipper, gives a random award. Blitzkrieg USA is one of the awards. Once started 5 stone objects "1MIL" lands on the table along with a robot that enters the playfield. You have to shoot those objects before the robot destroys them. *edit Might as well post it here if people don't want to jump around.

Pinball FX2 - A Legend Returns (bang back) - YouTube

Wildmn34
06-22-2012, 10:31 PM
I posted a video in the Video Achievement Guide thread for the Avengers table, as for infinity gauntled easiest way is to shoot the ball into the hole under the top right flipper, gives a random award. Blitzkrieg USA is one of the awards. Once started 5 stone objects "1MIL" lands on the table along with a robot that enters the playfield. You have to shoot those objects before the robot destroys them. *edit Might as well post it here if people don't want to jump around.

Just missing the Fear Itself one now.

The Avengers one is tricky, I've never done that before. Got lucky my 5th try. lol

karlosthejackal
06-23-2012, 08:05 AM
Thanks alot to Wildmn34 & Kinkimono for the help & info. Will try the profile thing later & keep fingers crossed. :)

Wildmn34
06-26-2012, 02:14 AM
Man, I can not get that Fear Itself achievement to save my life. Only one I'm missing from this pack.

mrj3d
07-02-2012, 08:57 PM
I need to pick up these tables... they sound awesome.