PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

L3giOn
08-31-2007, 07:10 AM
Discuss the achievements here.

Andrew x360a
10-26-2007, 05:01 AM
The last few achievements are kicking my ass. I can't get more than one black pearl.

L4mbo93
11-24-2007, 09:56 PM
i just need poobah :woop:

* Clueless *
11-26-2007, 01:37 PM
For some reason I am unable to achieve the Hexic Addict (play 100 games) I've been doing the timed mode trick. The difficulty setting is on Easy but I know i've played well over 100 games. I've unlocked every achievement except this one. Perhaps its a glitch? Does it have to be done in one sitting? I have had to update, I wonder if this resets it...

* Clueless *
11-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Nevermind, apparently I was about 35 game shy of 100 games. Oops. Guess it just "felt" like I've played 100 games already.
Note: updating the game does not reset the 100 game counter.

dirtybolle
12-11-2007, 08:45 PM
does anybody have a hint for me how to get
Big Cheese of the South Seas
Form a cluster of three black pearls.

Grand Pearl Pooh-Bah
Surround one piece with six black pearls.

Fabio360
12-17-2007, 04:45 PM
yeah i also need a hint on how to get the Poo-Bah achievement...

CrazyenigmaJ
12-23-2007, 07:13 AM
Keep starflowers near the top at all times to defuse bombs. This should give you enough time to make a poohbah

Marzera
03-04-2008, 12:20 AM
How can I get 150k easily? I managed to get 142k but an unlucky bomb dropped.

Tubson57
03-04-2008, 12:23 AM
If you are good enough to get a pearl or two or at least a bunch of starflowers early on then this shouldnt be a problem. I guess its easier said than done though. I can never get more than a couple pearls in a round before I lose.

Marzera
03-04-2008, 03:53 PM
If you are good enough to get a pearl or two or at least a bunch of starflowers early on then this shouldnt be a problem. I guess its easier said than done though. I can never get more than a couple pearls in a round before I lose.

Lol I got alot of practice then. I got my first ever pearl last night. Tic toc doc also. Yay :)

XLO
03-13-2008, 03:59 PM
I still have yet to get the last achievement (Grand Pearl Pooh-Bah)

zoekoner
04-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Nevermind, apparently I was about 35 game shy of 100 games. Oops. Guess it just "felt" like I've played 100 games already.
Note: updating the game does not reset the 100 game counter.

hahaha i know how you feel i have been playing for what seems like forever and i still havent gotten the 100 games yet

themikewoo
04-06-2008, 02:47 PM
hahaha i know how you feel i have been playing for what seems like forever and i still havent gotten the 100 games yet
The fastest way to get the 100 games achievement is to set it on time trial and let the clock wind down.

Im Justa Newb
04-16-2008, 12:33 AM
I've been able to get two pearls but the third one for the cluster keeps messing me up. Guess I gotta keep working at it.

marzix
04-16-2008, 01:26 AM
geez... i cant even get more than 1 or 2 pearls yet alone a black one and a starcluster and what not. i think ive got like 80-90 matches played, high score of like 75000 and ive done everything that any guide has ever told me to do, heh.

ratherbeinsane
07-13-2008, 11:46 PM
this shit makes me want to punch a baby.

all i want is the one pearl ach, tick tock doc, collapse master and millionaire

is that too much to ask?

ChipmunksRus
08-07-2008, 02:18 PM
this shit makes me want to punch a baby.

all i want is the one pearl ach, tick tock doc, collapse master and millionaire

is that too much to ask? hahaha same

kentarulez
09-15-2008, 07:13 PM
I am aiming for the 100 games achievement at the moment, then I will go for some others. This game sucks though!

MRcool2008
09-16-2008, 03:36 AM
Gah i finally managed to get Big Cheese of the South Seas, took forever, especially with that purple bomb that dropped out of nowhere, luckly i managed to have the third purple piece drop from the top right next to a pearl and i managed to drop it in to get rid of the bomb (with star) and all the three pearls fell in together :Bounce: now for the Grand Pearl Poo-Bah and than Hexic Addict.

FreshAspek
05-31-2010, 03:03 AM
This game is hard! This site, however, has given me motivation to give this another go this summer. 200/200 will be one hell of an accomplishment

a1d3d3e7
07-04-2010, 09:24 PM
try to always have at least two spare starflowers to move pieces between and create new flowers around them that will drop from above. when you have enough for a pearl + two extra move the flowers in pairs. the extras will also be needed to move pearls later on

madhamster2
08-13-2010, 08:59 AM
I agree with freshapek - this has got to be one of the hardest arcade achievements ever!

TommyVercetti69
09-26-2010, 01:46 AM
i have done the grand black pooh-bah tonight. it was really hard to get and i spend a lot of time to do it, but i think the best way to succed it is to try it with the 4x4 grid you can see at hexic.info, if you try it this way you are able to rebuilt the system even when you made a mistake

theEVOL1
10-04-2010, 02:28 AM
If you have the skill and patience to build a grid, skip the 4x4 and build the master grid. It's worth the extra stars as there is almost no spots to accidentally cluster once it's up. The 4x4 is a waste of time!

JohnsoNBCJ
02-20-2011, 04:01 AM
What a pain these are. Thanks for the help.

skaman5000
02-25-2011, 01:01 AM
wooo! just got Marathon Mogul, Collapse Master, and Oyster-Meister all in the same game! =] so stoked.
haven't got the 100 games yet.
I figure if i don't have it by the time i get the rest then I'll boost it but why do it now when there's more achieves that need to be done! lol

RBmaster9345
04-09-2011, 02:29 AM
The 3 and 6 pearl chievos are near impossible. I totally gave up on them

BurritoDePerro
04-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Is there a place where I can see how close I am to the 100 games played? I've had this game since launch and I used to play a lot but no achievement. Is there like a website to show this? or should I just count from 1 starting now?

Thanks!

theEVOL1
04-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Is there a place where I can see how close I am to the 100 games played? I've had this game since launch and I used to play a lot but no achievement. Is there like a website to show this? or should I just count from 1 starting now?

Thanks!

I'm afraid there is no way to know for sure. Just keep going and it will unlock! :)

LoneWolf1RNA
05-09-2011, 06:02 AM
for some reason the hexic info never loads grrrrrrr i got all the ach except pooh bah i had all 6 black pearls five lined up and one out of place then clustered three by accident so gay almost a million in marathon though ive tried to build a master grid but keep clustering by mistake ugh lol idk how ppl get so many multiplier for one color for their mmcs its hard

theEVOL1
05-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Yes, unfortunately hexic.info is dead. The admins had pretty much abandoned it a while ago.

The best advice I can give you is patience. Nothing is forcing you to make moves, so double, triple, and quadruple check your moves before you pull the trigger. If for any reason you are not 100% confident that you will not cause a collapse, don't make a move. Hasty moves never got anyone this achievement.

As for multiplier farming, you MUST have a master grid, and it's advisable that you have it up in the first level before the stars begin to fall.

MathGuy42
07-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Yes, unfortunately hexic.info is dead. The admins had pretty much abandoned it a while ago.
I posted this in another thread, but thought it might be useful in this stickied thread since hexic.info is mentioned a lot.

Hexic.info is still available at
http://web.comhem.se/~u77401132/hexic/index.html (http://web.comhem.se/%7Eu77401132/hexic/index.html)
I imagine the owner just let the hexic.info DNS entry expire.

Also, I found these videos helpful:
Master Grid Pt 1
‪Hexic HD Master Grid Guide pt 1.‬‏ - YouTube

In the video, you can click the green annotation to get to Part 2. Then click the next annotation to see how to go from a Masters Grid to a Poobah.

Note: I did not make the videos. They were just ones I found which were most helpful to me.

Edit: Got the Poobah today. I only made the bottom 3 rows of the Masters Grid, then one more Star on the 4th row, on the left. I continued making stars there, moving them to safety down below. After a bomb, I would make a pearl and move it to the bottom left. (I waited until after a bomb since the pearl messes up some of your grid, giving you less control.)

I would then rebuild my 3/5th's grid and continue as above, making a pearl after a bomb. After the 5th pearl and moving it to the bottom left, I didn't bother rebuilding. Instead I made my 6th pearl in the bottom right area, moved it, and made the Poobah.

An extra piece of advice:
Get rid of colored star multiplier pieces. When combined with a bomb, every tile of that color will be wiped out, wreaking havoc on your grid. Only defuse a bomb with one as a last resort.

I still feel I got lucky. Most of my bombs were very easy to defuse.

MiguelangelO
08-28-2011, 08:08 PM
I got my final achievement (pooh-bah) today. I was pretty lucky, managed to do it without master grid too. I think I'm not gonna play Hexic for a while.

Darth Maleval
09-13-2011, 02:04 AM
I regret even starting this game. I think I had it for free when I got my Xbox or something. Little did I know then that two of the achievements would be next to impossible to achieve.

I've seen videos, tutorials, etc....but I just can't get the last two achievements (Grand Pearl Pooh-Bah and Big Cheese of the South Seas). I got my 10th achievement back in November of 2008. I've tried off and on since then to get the last two but no luck.

I just can't seem to set up a grid without it being destroyed somehow. The game is fun, but this makes me hate it because I can't finish.:mad:

laptap123
10-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Damn! I thought that this game i very easy. But when i saw almost impossible achievements, i changed my thought

Lady Firestorm
02-17-2013, 04:27 AM
Grand Pearl Pooh-Bah is one of those achievements that are great when you're home sick or with a broken leg. So.. I still may one day get this!

Spazaz Man
07-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Dang...these achievements are harder then i thought...gonna go for some of them today...wish me luck x)

Hyuzeni Pattasan
12-12-2013, 06:01 PM
I been 6 years (2007) I still had this game and today, I finally managed to unlocks Grand Pearl Pooh-Bah:dance:. It take lots of time and patients to create 6 black pearls and the time bombs are really annoyed. Then again, so lucky I got this.