PDA

View Full Version : Something Fresh?

DJConnelly
06-12-2012, 02:01 AM
I know there are other games with similar controls and premises to this but I haven't really liked any of them to date. The last game I played involving gangsters which I enjoyed was funnily enough, "Gangsters" and "Gangsters 2" on the PC about 5 years ago. Saint's Row doesn't count :P I generally like games where you create your own Empire from scratch and what not. Not sure when the realse date is, but will definetly be keeping an eye out for it though.

karat3explosion
10-22-2012, 08:10 PM
I completely agree. I like the concept and am hoping for the best in this title.

Evo089
12-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Both the Gangsters games were ace. This looks interesting but a little more info if anyone has any on it would be nice.

AgentOrange330
12-11-2012, 09:54 PM
The best that I can see is that this game is developed by Haemimont Games and Published by Kalypso Media which are the developers/producers of the Tropico series which I absolutely love. Plus Kalypso produced Port Royale 3 which I am also enjoying right now. So, if you're familiar with these series at all you can probably bet it'll be a decent simulation type game with a Mafia theme. I love the games that Kalypso makes so I'm really excited for this.

Evo089
12-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Fair point. Will keep an eye out.

KuShNsTieN
01-21-2013, 02:26 PM
this game randomly caught my eye. i always wanted to play tropico (never got the chance to buy) might be picking this up seems good!

red_hammer
01-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Edit: Forgot to mention: SPOILER ALERT!

Missing achievements: (german, will set my console to english later)

"Der Weltspielplatz"
Complete the mission "Welcome to Atlantic City"

"Capo"
Complete Act 1.

"Capo Di Tutti Capi"
Complete Act 2.

"Sauber raus"
Complete the campaign successfully.

So it's safe to say: "Story related and can not be missed." :)

For some reason Xbox Live considers those chievos as secret, but in the ingame menu these 4 are stated on the first page of the achievements list.

IceAssassin21
02-04-2013, 06:22 AM
I have not played any of the tropicos, but this looks fun.

Darth Cuda
02-14-2013, 12:00 AM
I disliked tropico 4....I really tried to like it but i was just not enough fun. This game I am enjoying well enough. Sadly, not much info out on it online. Being a budget title worried me a little aswell. I thought xcom in prohibition 1920's but the combat element is a little bit of a miss controls feel off atleast for movement. Then again xcom was really excellent and problably biased me. I think its a good game but havent gotten too far yet.

psydoll
08-27-2013, 08:52 PM
I know there are other games with similar controls and premises to this but I haven't really liked any of them to date. The last game I played involving gangsters which I enjoyed was funnily enough, "Gangsters" and "Gangsters 2" on the PC about 5 years ago. Saint's Row doesn't count :P I generally like games where you create your own Empire from scratch and what not. Not sure when the realse date is, but will definetly be keeping an eye out for it though.

A gamer after my own heart! Gangsters was really pleasing (even if I got too attached to my hoods),Civ Rev was great, the Tropico series is fantastic and I found Omerta enjoyable but a little simplistic. I think I spent too long needlessly building up my empire.

Been recommended Port Royale but I'm at a bit of a loss for other suggestions. It seems much more of a PC genre sadly.

Eggnogga
08-28-2013, 12:44 PM
Been recommended Port Royale but I'm at a bit of a loss for other suggestions. It seems much more of a PC genre sadly.Of all the games you listed, all were great, but I don't know if you'll find that same joy with Port Royale. It's extremely tedious and I grew very bored with it after finishing the campaign. It got to the point where I had millions of dollars, but nothing to really spend my money on. It's worth having a look and it can be enjoyable, but it's your call.