PDA

View Full Version : E3 Gameplay Demo

heyimdalton
06-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Looks like its turning out pretty well if anyone is interested. Still looks a tad bit too action oriented, but I will probably be checking it out regardless.

Splinter Cell Blacklist - First Gameplay Demo - YouTube

Barad
06-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Game is looking really good even better than Conviction, day one for me.

Rapturous Rich
06-12-2012, 05:17 PM
He looks like an Assassin climbing up that wall.
Imagine if Ubi really jumped the shark and revealed Sam waking up from the Animus at the end, haha.

Rep
06-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Looks amazing. Ubisoft will definitely be getting all of my money this year.

DEG23
06-13-2012, 12:07 AM
I like how we are going back to seeing Sam on foreign soil, conducing black ops but i don't like the action stuff from conviction.

The thing i loved about the first 3 games was that there was a sense of realism when approaching a situation. Even two enemies was a significant threat that required planning and timing. Watching Sam clear an entire village in under a minute was nothing you don't see in any arcade based FPS.

Timing your movements, making your way through the shadows and even completing a level without firing your gun was the main appeal of Splinter Cell back in the day. I guess that's an era long passed now that we live in the ADD generation. I'll still be buying this because the Splinter Cell name still has meaning but i am hoping this isn't a "run and gun" game that can be completed in less than a day.

heyimdalton
06-13-2012, 06:08 AM
I feel like it most likely will be like that again, but im with you ill still most likely be getting it.

Spock
06-14-2012, 02:44 AM
Looks really good to me. I'm a bit hesitant because it does look action/shooter oriented, but I like action games so it can't be all that bad. I just want a Splinter Cell game that features stealth through and through. Either way I'll be buying this as soon as possible.

Ubisoft Toronto is off to a good start.

hoyrpen
06-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Looks like its turning out pretty well if anyone is interested. Still looks a tad bit too action oriented, but I will probably be checking it out regardless.

Splinter Cell Blacklist - First Gameplay Demo - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuhfD48VRGE)

There's already the same video of it here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=373269

SynysterChris
06-15-2012, 11:58 AM
I like how we are going back to seeing Sam on foreign soil, conducing black ops but i don't like the action stuff from conviction.

The thing i loved about the first 3 games was that there was a sense of realism when approaching a situation. Even two enemies was a significant threat that required planning and timing. Watching Sam clear an entire village in under a minute was nothing you don't see in any arcade based FPS.

Timing your movements, making your way through the shadows and even completing a level without firing your gun was the main appeal of Splinter Cell back in the day. I guess that's an era long passed now that we live in the ADD generation. I'll still be buying this because the Splinter Cell name still has meaning but i am hoping this isn't a "run and gun" game that can be completed in less than a day.

You know you could have played Conviction purely stealth right? That's what I did. Its much harder but hey you want that challenge right? In fact I found it much harder to be stealth oriented in Convection than the OG's because they were based around stealth so there was always a path. This seems the same way as Conviction on the surface its action but if you look hard enough or want to play that way there is still the stealth action your looking for. Plus the controls for Convection were great, fast and fluid.

Just curious when you say's stealth, what exactly do you mean? No kills, No alarms, No-lethal takedowns? or just Trying not to get caught but still killing enemies? Everyone has there own version of what stealth in a game is to them.

Me its always been, no kills, no alarms, no take downs if its at all possible. but that's me.

heyimdalton
06-15-2012, 12:41 PM
There's already the same video of it here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=373269

Okay, well now its here so we can talk about it.

Rivercurse
08-20-2012, 01:36 AM
I don't buy into the criticism re the torture scene in the extended Gamescom demo. Matter of fact, I thougt the whole thing looked grisly, gritty, and realistic in the Jack Bauer senses of the words.

This is a preorder for me, 100%.