PDA

View Full Version : Checkpoint Saving?

JJBDude
08-31-2007, 04:55 PM
So I just been playing Call of Duty 3 and after getting quite far in a level (good 30 minutes of playing) I get "this disc is unreadable" and the game quited out on me. I was like hmmm okay, simply use the Continue feature on the game and it will load me back into the last Checkpoint I reached in my mission, like on Call of Duty 2, right? Wrong, I click continue and I am getting the talk right at the start of the mission grrrr.

So I'm wondering is it possible to jump back into the last checkpoint like you could on Call of Duty 2? Do you need to save the checkpoint by pressing start and saving or something? :confused: :mad:

Shaaady Souljah
08-31-2007, 05:05 PM
it should be the same.. maybe you played a long time, but just did not quite get far enough for the next checkpoint. saving yourself is not needed, and is not even an option.

JJBDude
08-31-2007, 05:23 PM
I definitely got a few checkpoints, I can remember recalling 2 maybe even 3. Only query is when you click Continue do you have to watch the begining cutscene before it placesyou back where you were?

Shaaady Souljah
08-31-2007, 05:29 PM
if i remember correctly, yes. it plays the cutscene the first time you reload after turning your box on. so check it out and see if it loads and skips you to the right spot.

JJBDude
08-31-2007, 11:53 PM
Ah right that'sokay then, all might not be lost! Didn't bother to check earlier because I was frustrated, will do when I next play though. Cheers. :)

aswipe21
09-01-2007, 05:49 AM
I hate that crap. I mean watching all of those stupid cinematic scenes. Come on, it's Call of Duty not the Oprah Winfrey Show.

JJBDude
09-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Exactly why I didn't bother re-watching the cutscene for the 3rd time to find out if the checkpoint saving really worked lol.

aswipe21
09-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Call of Duty 3 was definitely a step down from Call of Duty 2. Thank goodness Call of Duty 4 is going to be made by the same people who created COD 2.