PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question?

ToTaL EclipsEz
06-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Hey guys I just wanted to ask something quickly because I was a bit confused. So there are 2 editions of Halo 4, Normal and the Limited Edition right?

Are there actually only a certain amount of copies available for the limited edition? I want to pre-order it but I might have to wait until July or September to do it and I don't want them to run out of copies. Or do they just call it the limited edition and I can pre-order it whenever I want?

Thanks a lot

iBuzz7S
06-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Well, take it with a grain of salt. When they say limited edition, it can be in the thousands or in the tens of thousands. Your local retailer can say we have a limited quantity to entice you to pre-order ASAP, but in reality, they have a lot more than advertised.

I pre-ordered mine only because of the cost I found it for. If it wasn't for that, I would of waited until late September.

ToTaL EclipsEz
06-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Ah ok thanks, I'll probably wait a bit longer then I'm in no rush to pre order it right now :P

DarkReign2021
06-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Limited Editions refers less to the quanity that will be produced and more to the difficulty finding them after it launches. Once all the pre-orders are picked up and people snag the extras off the shelves, they're done producing them. So in a sense they are limited, just not as limited as some of the Uber Sets are (here lately some game sets with large statues are actually being produced in low supply, so companies will only be allowed a certain number of pre-orders and once it's gone, it's gone.)

I doubt Halo 4 will have this issue, but they might try to limit supply to keep too many people from getting the DLC codes for the map packs. This would make them money by forcing people to buy the maps full price.

I'm personally not taking any chances. I've got my limited pre-ordered at Gamestop and a regular copy pre-ordered at Best Buy, so I'm set.

ToTaL EclipsEz
06-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Limited Editions refers less to the quanity that will be produced and more to the difficulty finding them after it launches. Once all the pre-orders are picked up and people snag the extras off the shelves, they're done producing them. So in a sense they are limited, just not as limited as some of the Uber Sets are (here lately some game sets with large statues are actually being produced in low supply, so companies will only be allowed a certain number of pre-orders and once it's gone, it's gone.)

I doubt Halo 4 will have this issue, but they might try to limit supply to keep too many people from getting the DLC codes for the map packs. This would make them money by forcing people to buy the maps full price.

I'm personally not taking any chances. I've got my limited pre-ordered at Gamestop and a regular copy pre-ordered at Best Buy, so I'm set.

Ah ok thanks a lot for explaining it to me! Guess I'll have to pre-order fairly soon then I don't want to risk it either :P

CMCX360
06-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Save yourself the hassle, and order it from Amazon. They don't charge you until it ships.

Metabolic XBA
06-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Like Dark said, I think the only reason they would limit this is to save themselves taking too many hits on the DLC. In comparison I just re-bought the Halo: Reach 'limited' edition brand new on Amazon for less than a third of what it retailed at. An this is almost two years later.

Save yourself the hassle, and order it from Amazon. They don't charge you until it ships.

^^This...I always order from Amazon because you don't get charged till it ships.

ToTaL EclipsEz
06-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Aah wow I didn't know amazon didnt charge until shipping, thats great thanks again to you guys for the help!

The Duke of Darkness
06-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Aah wow I didn't know amazon didnt charge until shipping, thats great thanks again to you guys for the help!

I see you're from the UK like me and I've pre ordered from many different companies and never been charged until shipping.

A question for the American members just so I understand, with most companies you have to pay for the game when you place your pre order?

DarkReign2021
06-18-2012, 09:28 PM
I see you're from the UK like me and I've pre ordered from many different companies and never been charged until shipping.

A question for the American members just so I understand, with most companies you have to pay for the game when you place your pre order?

Most companies require a down payment when you pre-order a game here. Gamestop charged me $5 for the basic Halo 4 game and $25 when I upgraded to the Collector's Edition. Best Buy required me to put down $15 on my basic edition of Halo 4.

kyboy
06-18-2012, 09:44 PM
i didnt want to take any chances either, so ive already pre ordered my Limited Edition at Gamestop.
also, in case OP didnt know, you can put the minimum amount down to pre order and not have to pay it off until the day it comes out. just putting that out there in case you didnt know.. or you can do it like i do, and just keep putting $5-$10 down on it any time you have spare cash..

fastNcurious
06-18-2012, 10:36 PM
Best Buy required me to put down $15 on my basic edition of Halo 4.

W.T.F. Really?!?!?! I wonder why they bumped it up from $5. I only had to put down $5 for AC3 at Best Buy. Perhaps it's game specific? Or maybe it's to discourage people from canceling or not picking up their pre-orders? That's weird.

N7 Shadow
06-18-2012, 11:09 PM
W.T.F. Really?!?!?! I wonder why they bumped it up from $5. I only had to put down $5 for AC3 at Best Buy. Perhaps it's game specific? Or maybe it's to discourage people from canceling or not picking up their pre-orders? That's weird.

Pretty much. I pre-ordered mine at Gamestop and the manager told me (For them.) it's because customers will usually pre-order limited editions and not pick them up and so they're stuck with the editions for a while until someone decides to buy them (Like the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition.). They'll usually have to lower prices on them and thus lose money in the process. Course I'm just going by what I've been told. :p

kyboy
06-19-2012, 03:30 AM
Pretty much. I pre-ordered mine at Gamestop and the manager told me (For them.) it's because customers will usually pre-order limited editions and not pick them up and so they're stuck with the editions for a while until someone decides to buy them (Like the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition.). They'll usually have to lower prices on them and thus lose money in the process. Course I'm just going by what I've been told. :p

thats EXACTLY what the Gamestop where i go told me, way to many left over GOW3 epic editions... so now the epic edition is $120, which im considering buying now, only bc i want the Marcus Fenix statue lol..

DarkReign2021
06-19-2012, 08:49 AM

This is my first time ordering from a Best Buy, so I'm not really sure how it works there. I was just picking something up and noticed the free Lithograph with a pre-order and had to have it. They didn't ask how much I wanted to put down or take a phone number or anything, so I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to confirm my order when I pick it up. Not even sure if I'm able to go in and pay it off completely before release night. Should be nice being somewhere roomier and not nearly as many people though. Especially if they have a playable copy of the game going like they said they would.