PDA

View Full Version : A New Way To Approach Multiplayer

essentre
06-15-2012, 02:41 PM
I've been having alot of problems when it comes to multiplayer. Way too many times I can't shoot guys, they kill me before I even see them, I can't hit a guy who's standing still in front of me... all the usual bad lag problems. In light of this I've started to play different. Using the Engineer class I try to provide as much intel for my teammates as I can. Using sensors and UAV I try to always have enemies detected. Since I'm not use trying to gun enemies down I might as well be useful somehow.

Plying this way has made the MP somewhat enjoyable again for me. I can get frustrating losing a gunfight 90% of the time, and I still usually go negative because I just don't stand a chance in a gunfight, but as long as we're winning I don't care.

I know alot of you have the same lag issues so I figured I'd let you know how I've been dealing with it.

WalterWhite
06-15-2012, 05:41 PM
I've been having alot of problems when it comes to multiplayer. Way too many times I can't shoot guys, they kill me before I even see them, I can't hit a guy who's standing still in front of me... all the usual bad lag problems. In light of this I've started to play different. Using the Engineer class I try to provide as much intel for my teammates as I can. Using sensors and UAV I try to always have enemies detected. Since I'm not use trying to gun enemies down I might as well be useful somehow.

Playing this way has made the MP somewhat enjoyable again for me. I can get frustrating losing a gunfight 90% of the time, and I still usually go negative because I just don't stand a chance in a gunfight, but as long as we're winning I don't care.

I know alot of you have the same lag issues so I figured I'd let you know how I've been dealing with it.

I did the same thing essentially and for the same reasons. It's kind of ridiculous when you read what you typed though isn't it? Adjusting the way you have to participate in this game because it doesn't work. Sorry for the negativity but I figure I have a few more troll responses before I go since I paid my sixty bucks, lol.

The Duke of Darkness
06-15-2012, 06:23 PM
I don't get any lag and my brother also plays on the xbox at the same time and sometimes we have the pc and laptop on aswell and our internet is shit.

essentre
06-15-2012, 06:58 PM
I did the same thing essentially and for the same reasons. It's kind of ridiculous when you read what you typed though isn't it? Adjusting the way you have to participate in this game because it doesn't work. Sorry for the negativity but I figure I have a few more troll responses before I go since I paid my sixty bucks, lol.

Oh man, don't get me wrong, it definitely is ridiculous that I have to do that. It's frustrating as hell. But, I do want to keep playing the game, so I'll deal with it. Quite honestly I like playing that role a little better anyways. I can always play CoD if I feel like running and gunning. I love the stealth aspect of GRFS so I don't mind it as much as you do maybe.

But yes, you're right. It's ridiculous.

essentre
06-15-2012, 06:59 PM
I don't get any lag and my brother also plays on the xbox at the same time and sometimes we have the pc and laptop on aswell and our internet is shit.

Honestly, that's probably WHY you have a good connection. I have a lightning fast FIOS connection so I get lag comped like crazy due to the people that have the bad connections.

It happens to me in CoD as well. I'm always stuck as host, which makes it lag bad. No Joke, 95% of the time if someone leaves a CoD game and I wasn't the host, the migration picks me. It's so damn annoying! I get punished for having a great connection.

The Duke of Darkness
06-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Honestly, that's probably WHY you have a good connection. I have a lightning fast FIOS connection so I get lag comped like crazy due to the people that have the bad connections.

It happens to me in CoD as well. I'm always stuck as host, which makes it lag bad. No Joke, 95% of the time if someone leaves a CoD game and I wasn't the host, the migration picks me. It's so damn annoying! I get punished for having a great connection.

Everyone says the host has an advantage in this game.

UrbanMedium
06-18-2012, 06:08 AM
I had a match last night where the lag was so bad we captured an intel point and then the other team took it over, I was sat next to it and didn't even see the enemy team come and do it!

MyPetWorm
06-18-2012, 08:52 AM
I had a match last night where the lag was so bad we captured an intel point and then the other team took it over, I was sat next to it and didn't even see the enemy team come and do it!

You have now encountered a real Ghost! xD

Vay
06-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Started doing this engineer class about a week ago.... Find a good hiding spot :)