PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 Accessories and Messenger Kit Available September 4th

Krazie
08-31-2007, 09:45 PM
For all you obsessed Halo fans, the time is almost here for you to get your hands on some special Halo 3 gear before the release of one of the most anticipated games of the year. Also, we will finally get our hands on that nifty keyboard, which promises to make text messenging your friends over Live to be a breeze! The Limited Edition Halo 3 controllers and headset, as well as the Xbox 360 Messenger Kit, will all be available on September 4, 2007.

Based on the art of Todd McFarlane, legendary comic book artist and Spawn creator, are two brand new Halo 3 controllers. The controllers will be available in both a Master Chief and a Covenant Brute theme. Both controllers are fade and scratch-resistant and will also come with a Limited Edition Master Chief figurine. Pick up either one of these controllers for an estimated retail price of $59.99 (U.S.).

The Spartan green and gold Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 3 Wireless Headset provides the mobility and communication essential for soldiers in their fight against the Covenant. With high-quality voice connections over Xbox LIVE, this accessory will be available for an estimated retail price of $59.99 (U.S.).

The Xbox 360 Messenger Kit, which includes a Chatpad and Xbox 360 headset for an estimated retail price of $29.99 (U.S), allows users to easily chat with friends or family on Xbox LIVE and Windows-based PCs. The automatically backlit Chatpad quickly connects to any Xbox 360 controller and can be easily controlled with simple thumb strokes so users can simultaneously chat and play games with ease.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news.php?id=11

TimmayTheTurtle
08-31-2007, 10:39 PM
For all you obsessed Halo fans, the time is almost here for you to get your hands on some special Halo 3 gear before the release of one of the most anticipated games of the year. Also, we will finally get our hands on that nifty keyboard, which promises to make text messenging your friends over Live to be a breeze! The Limited Edition Halo 3 controllers and headset, as well as the Xbox 360 Messenger Kit, will all be available on September 4, 2007.

Based on the art of Todd McFarlane, legendary comic book artist and Spawn creator, are two brand new Halo 3 controllers. The controllers will be available in both a Master Chief and a Covenant Brute theme. Both controllers are fade and scratch-resistant and will also come with a Limited Edition Master Chief figurine. Pick up either one of these controllers for an estimated retail price of $59.99 (U.S.).

The Spartan green and gold Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 3 Wireless Headset provides the mobility and communication essential for soldiers in their fight against the Covenant. With high-quality voice connections over Xbox LIVE, this accessory will be available for an estimated retail price of $59.99 (U.S.).

The Xbox 360 Messenger Kit, which includes a Chatpad and Xbox 360 headset for an estimated retail price of $29.99 (U.S), allows users to easily chat with friends or family on Xbox LIVE and Windows-based PCs. The automatically backlit Chatpad quickly connects to any Xbox 360 controller and can be easily controlled with simple thumb strokes so users can simultaneously chat and play games with ease.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news.php?id=11

bad ass.. prolly pick those up

BackerMan
08-31-2007, 10:43 PM
I might pick both controllers. I wish there's gears of war controllers and that would be awesome.

hopesfall2win
08-31-2007, 11:04 PM
Will the green/orange halo controller be available to buy seperately from the halo 3 360 bundle?
________
OREGON DISPENSARY (http://oregon.dispensaries.org/)

jtkauff
08-31-2007, 11:18 PM
Will the green/orange halo controller be available to buy seperately from the halo 3 360 bundle?

I've not seen that listed at all, just the McFarlane art Halo-themed controllers and the blue & pink ones.

And speaking of color variants, when the messenger kit was first shown I thought I remembered seeing it in both white and black, to match the Elite. Anyone heard if they're still planning on releasing that, maybe at a later date or something?

Oldeez
09-01-2007, 08:27 AM
hmmm i happen to need 2 mor wireless controllers....and i lov halo..let me think;)

DoM cAbAn
09-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Ooh, that's really cool. I might get a Halo 3 Control, even though I don't need one. :p

cyberhookup
09-01-2007, 04:33 PM
I might pick up the messenger kit but probably not the halo stuff since I personally think that the game game has nothing good about it.

duckydan
09-01-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm not really interested in the remotes either but the messenger kit very much... it will certainly beat using the d-pad to msg someone

cyberhookup
09-02-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm not really interested in the remotes either but the messenger kit very much... it will certainly beat using the d-pad to msg someone
Yeah my only question will be will it feel right and will it have good size buttons and stuff like that.

VaRIABLE SoUL
09-02-2007, 10:47 AM
i'm a big fan of Todd "The Spawn" McFarlane but i don't like the way those controllers look.. maybe i need to see one in person cuz right now the pictures make the controllers look like 3rd party knock-offs lol. i REALLY want those Halo Figures tho and i do need 1 more controller...

I think I'm definitely getting the wireless headset. I'm getting tired of the wired one so maybe it's time to move onto the wireless era :P

Wandering Proof
09-03-2007, 06:05 AM
Here are the pictures of the controllers and figures if y'all wanted too see them. Honestly I am not all that impressed and I expected much better when I first heard about them. Ah well I am interested in that green and orange controller so hopefully that will be sold separately.

http://www.spawn.com/news/news2.aspx?id=13138

Guitardevil
09-03-2007, 07:00 AM
WAOOOOOOOOOALELELELEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Thanks Krazie

Bax x360a
09-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Anyone know when the messenger kit is available in the U.K? You can bet your arse it wont be on the 4th :mad:

LongJon
09-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Anyone know when the messenger kit is available in the U.K? You can bet your arse it wont be on the 4th :mad:

You're right my good man.....

It's a day earlier!! Today in fact!

http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11275&mid=3317 (http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11275&mid=331714)

teh x3nomorph
09-03-2007, 02:47 PM
I can't wait for the chat pad.

I loathe voice messages, and I can't stand how crappy it is to send a text message over live sometime. Change my controller into a sidekick please. :)

Clipse 2
09-03-2007, 04:25 PM
I can't wait for the chat pad.

I loathe voice messages, and I can't stand how crappy it is to send a text message over live sometime. Change my controller into a sidekick please. :)
I'm not a fan of voice messages also, it seems whenever I get them I have to crank up the volume on my surround sound just to be able to make out what people say. Maybe if they wore the mic correctly, spoke up, and annunciated their words a little more I wouldn't have a problem. Aside from all that I'm used to keying things out on a smartphone so the messenger kit is the way to go for me.

teh x3nomorph
09-03-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm not a fan of voice messages also, it seems whenever I get them I have to crank up the volume on my surround sound just to be able to make out what people say. Maybe if they wore the mic correctly, spoke up, and annunciated their words a little more I wouldn't have a problem. Aside from all that I'm used to keying things out on a smartphone so the messenger kit is the way to go for me. Like 98% of the time Im in Private chat, so voice messages kick me ALL the way out of that, and are just so inconvient.

Plus, OXM gave the chat pad a 9/10 ... so I have high hopes.

Jdm
09-04-2007, 07:52 AM
I know you created this thread on 8/31 Krazie, but I want to thank you for the heads up. I've been wondering when the Messenger Kit was being released.

bosInFusioN
09-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Going to pick up the chat pad tomorrow, read some good reviews.

ONE El Mariachi
09-09-2007, 02:52 PM
i'm a big fan of Todd "The Spawn" McFarlane but i don't like the way those controllers look.. maybe i need to see one in person cuz right now the pictures make the controllers look like 3rd party knock-offs lol. i REALLY want those Halo Figures tho and i do need 1 more controller...

I think I'm definitely getting the wireless headset. I'm getting tired of the wired one so maybe it's time to move onto the wireless era :P

Yeah man definately go the wireless headsets, the Jack Bauer headset as me and mates call it shits all over that free one ya get in the 12 month subscription. Much clearer to hear people. So glad I bought it.

JoEy0808
09-09-2007, 07:19 PM
I'm getting the messsenger kit its so coolllll get to txt and play... AT THE SAME TIME!!!!