PDA

View Full Version : Flawless Victory Help

Crash Geom
06-18-2012, 10:59 PM
Around the Ranch,

I don't have a 100% method to pass these obstacles. This is done with scorpion.

1. The slope where you have to gain speed and hop over the barrel way up there. Sometimes I clear it completely so it's easy to land. But other times my back wheel clips it and I just end up falling face first.

2. Small slope downards that curves upwards and having to hop on the board to get yourself up. Sometimes I just don't get enough speed or can't hop correctly to get myself up.

3. The part after 2 with the 2 sleep upwards slopes. Sometimes my bike lands perfectly and I can just get up the 2nd slope easily. Other times my bike just flies out of control and slide back down.

Any help would be great! Remember this is with Scorpion. Other levels, I can do consistently enough. Thanks for the help.

MC Something
06-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Are you good at bunny hopping? If not, I would practice that for a while. I tried this tournament with the Pheonix a handful of times and bunny hopping is easier with it but overall control isn't as easy as the Scorpion. So, if you can learn to bunny hop really well, it should make the barrel part.

It's been a while and I can't really remember the second area you're talking about.

As far as the third area....I remember being able to just hold forward (right on the stick) and going full speed at it. It became one of the more consistent areas of the level for me. That could've been with the Pheonix but, give that a try anyway. Basically...dont overthink it.

The only part on that level that I had any trouble with was the burning shipping container. (is that the second area you're talking about?" I could never get a consistent jump onto it or off of it. So I basically just practiced screwing it up. Meaning...I would play just that track and find a consistent pattern that could control and just get used to the different ways I would screw up. Whether I underjumped or over jumped etc...I'd figure out the best way to save myself.

From there, it was just a matter of playing the tournament over and over until I got a good combination of skill and luck to pass it. It's only like 6 minutes long so, having to replay it a handful of times wasn't a big deal.

Crash Geom
06-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Thanks. I was finally able to get it last night.

But not with the Phoenix. I just don't have that kind of control. For some reason, I'd practice all the difficult parts until I could get through a flawless run. But then during the actual tournament run, I'd screw up at the easy parts and wasn't because I was nervous. The bike sometimes just wouldn't cooperate!

MC Something
06-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Thanks. I was finally able to get it last night.

But not with the Phoenix. I just don't have that kind of control. For some reason, I'd practice all the difficult parts until I could get through a flawless run. But then during the actual tournament run, I'd screw up at the easy parts and wasn't because I was nervous. The bike sometimes just wouldn't cooperate!

Ha. Yeah, I know what you mean. That's why I just spent time on a few problem areas and then did the tournament over and over until I inevitably got everything right.

Skill + luck = Flawless Victory!!