PDA

View Full Version : Another 360 Problem

Gr0infro
09-01-2007, 02:29 AM
okay, so first, i got the RoD about 5 weeks ago but it went away and i haven't had any trouble since. over the last two days anytime i start playing a game for more than a 5 or 10 minutes my xbox freezes but no RoD. pretty much what i'm asking is, is this what happens right before my xbox craps out on me?

TimmayTheTurtle
09-01-2007, 02:31 AM
okay, so first, i got the RoD about 5 weeks ago but it went away and i haven't had any trouble since. over the last two days anytime i start playing a game for more than a 5 or 10 minutes my xbox freezes but no RoD. pretty much what i'm asking is, is this what happens right before my xbox craps out on me?

i dont wanna yes for sure cuz i dont know everything and i dont wanna make you set on the its broke forever.

but to me it sounds like it.

cyberhookup
09-01-2007, 02:41 AM
Yeah most likely it is going to crap out on you pretty soon. What I would do if I was you was call xbox live support and tell them you currently have the 3 lights of death even though you don't. What they will do is send out a box to you so you can send your xbox in. The problem is that the box takes about 10 days for it to get to your house on average. So if your xbox does crash you will have the box either on its way or already there. Thats what I would do just your prepared for the crashing of your xbox.

Gr0infro
09-01-2007, 02:46 AM
Yeah most likely it is going to crap out on you pretty soon. What I would do if I was you was call xbox live support and tell them you currently have the 3 lights of death even though you don't. What they will do is send out a box to you so you can send your xbox in. The problem is that the box takes about 10 days for it to get to your house on average. So if your xbox does crash you will have the box either on its way or already there. Thats what I would do just your prepared for the crashing of your xbox.

Thanks, that really helps. i didn't know that they sent one out. I really appreciate it.

cyberhookup
09-01-2007, 02:55 AM
Thanks, that really helps. i didn't know that they sent one out. I really appreciate it.

Yup no problem I had the same problem you have except it just crashed about 20 minutes of playing it and there were no red lights. Just if and when they ask if you see red lights on the power supply say no because if you say yes that means that your power thingy needs to be replaced and not your xbox.

Gr0infro
09-01-2007, 03:29 AM
oh crap... forgot to check the power supply anyway. well, that really sucks for me. i guess i'll have to call tomorrow.

TimmayTheTurtle
09-01-2007, 03:36 AM
oh crap... forgot to check the power supply anyway. well, that really sucks for me. i guess i'll have to call tomorrow.

isnt it 24/7 help?

cyberhookup
09-01-2007, 03:41 AM
Well its pretty simple to check it. If it is the power supply then the light that is usually green will turn red. Although I highly doubt it is the power supply considering that it still turns on at least lol. Well hope it doesn't break down on you before you get the box delivered.
isnt it 24/7 help?

No it isn't unfortunately. Here are the times it is available.
http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/EB42A9A1-F77F-4ADA-A17E-76AEFF34A6F6/0/IconPhone.jpg

Phone

Assistance by phone seven days a week.

1-800-4MY-XBOX
International (direct dial to U.S.): 425-635-7180
Hearing Impaired (TDD device): 1-866-740-9269 or 425-635-7102
Hours of operation (every day):
9:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M. Eastern Time
6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time