PDA

View Full Version : Hub help!

spockroxfaces
06-19-2012, 08:48 PM
I beat the first 5 levels of the story. How do I turn into Superman in the hub so that I can fly around and clear up the map? Do I have to finish story mode first? I'd really like to go around collecting the red bricks. Is this at all possible this early or do I need to advance farther in story mode? Thanks in advance.

CrispyVictim
06-19-2012, 08:56 PM
I beat the first 5 levels of the story. How do I turn into Superman in the hub so that I can fly around and clear up the map? Do I have to finish story mode first? I'd really like to go around collecting the red bricks. Is this at all possible this early or do I need to advance farther in story mode? Thanks in advance.

You hold Y to change characters, but I'm not sure if you can do it before beating the story.

Rep
06-19-2012, 08:58 PM
I think around the 4th or 5th level you are allowed to enter the Batcave. Just walk up to one of the vehicle depots to get out and into Gotham City. It may be later on, though. After you finish a level you are brought back to Gotham City in order to roam around or go to the next level.

I believe you have to complete the Story mode first in order to use Superman, though. Once you have completed the story you are allowed to switch characters.

spockroxfaces
06-19-2012, 09:02 PM
I think around the 4th or 5th level you are allowed to enter the Batcave. Just walk up to one of the vehicle depots to get out and into Gotham City. It may be later on, though. After you finish a level you are brought back to Gotham City in order to roam around or go to the next level.

I believe you have to complete the Story mode first in order to use Superman, though. Once you have completed the story you are allowed to switch characters.

I appreciate the fast response. I'm in the hub after beating level 5 but I'm only batman and robin. I can't hold (y) to switch to any character. I guess I'm just gonna finish story mode. Thanks again.

Rep
06-19-2012, 09:06 PM
I appreciate the fast response. I'm in the hub after beating level 5 but I'm only batman and robin. I can't hold (y) to switch to any character. I guess I'm just gonna finish story mode. Thanks again.

You're correct, you do have to finish the Story Mode before you're allowed to use Superman and other characters. I had edited that in the last post but I guess I was too late, lol. :)

ajennice
06-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Save the flying for after ther story. you can use some of the unlocked characters to help you get collecables.

DjBatfink
06-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Also i'd like to know when in the Batcave, how do you save the game, i've been playing for a few hours and can't seem to find how to save in the Cave.
I've seen when playing levels you can save via a save point thing, and then when you finish a level it auto saves.
Also can you save when running around the City also?
Thanks.....

BHTowler
06-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Also i'd like to know when in the Batcave, how do you save the game, i've been playing for a few hours and can't seem to find how to save in the Cave.
I've seen when playing levels you can save via a save point thing, and then when you finish a level it auto saves.
Also can you save when running around the City also?
Thanks.....

I don't think you can pause the game to save, but collecting any item, like a gold brick, or a vehicle, would save the game. The autosave logo is the Joker's head. When that appears. the game should freeze your character.

GuruAskew
06-22-2012, 05:15 PM
I had about 2 million studs when I beat the story which was enough to get started in the hub/city and get everything but Supergirl (which requires all 250 gold bricks to unlock) before I moved on to free play.

That's definitely the most efficient way:

1: story mode (unlocks Superman who will be your go-to for city exploration, plus enough money to start collecting)

2: city/hub exploration. Get all the red bricks, gold bricks, bosses (villains), citizens in peril and vehicles. You'll have billions of studs by the time you're done and you'll quickly be able to buy any character you find. Get Joker, Lex and Riddler early (you'll need them to access certain things) and try to get the multipliers ASAP too. I was able to get the 6x multiplier first before I even found 2x and 4x (these have never been easier to buy) so after that I always had a ton of money. By hitting "scan" (Y) on the map screen you can see all the collectibles so you don't even need to use an online map or anything. I can't believe they even made a guide for this and I almost bought it because I thought the open-world element might make finding collectibles harder.

3: free play: with your multipliers and all the characters you unlocked (Poison Ivy, Aquaman etc.) it's a piece of cake.

I just hit 100%/1000gs about 45 minutes ago. I don't have enough posts to link my tag but it's exactly the same as my username here if you wanna see.

israelbeta
06-22-2012, 05:23 PM

You're going to need to advance further into the story. Superman doesn't unlock as a playable character until after you finish Level 8.