PDA

View Full Version : Crap games for achievements?

deadseadrop
06-20-2012, 02:04 AM
You ever play any crap games just because they have easy one? I got a couple today from the GOD sale just to get some and I did this with Jumper recently.

DJConnelly
06-20-2012, 02:30 AM
Nope. If it turns out a games crap, I won't play it. Sometime's I might persevere for the lols. But I wouldn't buy a game for achievements.

KillerBEA
06-20-2012, 02:32 AM
Very much yes and not necessarily easy either.

Just skimming the top of the shit list:
Turning point
Infernal
Conflict
Rock Revolution
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

the list goes on and on and on
Easier ones being:
Kung fu panda
Spiderwick Chronicles
Shellshock 2
Big bumpin

Crypt
06-20-2012, 02:39 AM
Good Old Avatar!

HugTheBear
06-20-2012, 02:44 AM
Bought Avatar a few months back because it was $3 at a Blockbuster that was closing down. That's the only game I bought for GS only.

Crypt
06-20-2012, 02:47 AM
Bought Avatar a few months back because it was $3 at a Blockbuster that was closing down. That's the only game I bought for GS only.
BTW, Blazing Angels is on sale from Games on Demand for 400MS. I heard its a very easy 1000 and its pretty fun

ChickinOnaChain
06-20-2012, 03:11 AM
I rented Avatar, King Kong and TMNT to get over 10k. And I've rented Backyard Football, Madden '06, Terminator Salvation, MLB 2K6 to name a few more. But not any since I hit 40k.

Crypt
06-20-2012, 03:17 AM
Yes TMNT, King Kong, CSI, Fuzion Frenzy, Fight Night

CyberPunch83
06-20-2012, 04:00 AM
I only played King Kong because a friend wanted rid of it, and threw it in when we swapped Mirror's Edge and Metro 2033. I actually got a goof bit of fun out of the game oddly enough. Up to this point the only launch game for the 360 I've played, and the visible difference between original Xbox were hard to see at times. Might also been because I was blazing through the game, hard to call.

Fire Hawk D
06-20-2012, 07:35 AM
I buy all my games, so while I've been putting more "easy 100%" games on my 'tag, its usually to thin out my collection a bit and act as a buffer between my more difficult playthroughs.

Mister Spraggsy
06-20-2012, 09:09 AM
I've played games that have easy 1000G but I've never gone and bought a game for easy achievements.

I'm basically the same as DJConnelly (comment number two)

Skorpion XBA
06-20-2012, 11:59 AM
I've bought several used games for under $10 for easy achievements. King Kong, TMNT, Shellshock 2, etc.

crusin
06-20-2012, 01:05 PM
i just buy games to play and if it turns out it was easy to get 1000g then so be it but i wont intencially go out and buy a crap game just for achievments

cjdavies
06-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Would rather spend my money on a decent game.

mrj3d
06-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Not really. I've played games that are easy on the GS, but I've never bought a game purely for the points.

ALF 133
06-20-2012, 02:23 PM
If I know a game is going to really suck, I wont play it but i'v played my fair share of shitty games for G

Rep
06-20-2012, 02:32 PM
I usually rent a lot of them just for some easy gamerscore. I have had Turning Point, Avatar, Cars, Ben 10, and some other shit games that I can't remember.

Opiate42
06-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Bought MorphX for $5 new. Got maybe 70c back on trade in.

Actually had some decent shooter mechanics regardless of the fact it was B movie level game design and story that "borrowed" from Half Life pretty bad, even the sound effects. Had to laugh. Well copy the best at least.

Turning Point
That was one of the first games I ever played on the 360, didn't even know what achievements were at the time and never really noticed them pop when I played. There's a few in there I think would be easy to go back and grab, but I honestly can't bring myself to play that piece of crap ever again :p

Rums
06-20-2012, 02:38 PM
What's so bad about Avatar, anyone? I've never played it because I usually shy away from online achievements, but game play on youtube looks kinda fun.

Crimson Ridley
I used to when I was trying to get a high Gamerscore but, I stopped.

I started to get good at Guitar Hero and when I eventually started 1000 pointing them, I thought that my time would be better spent completing hard games, so that's what I started to do.

Instead of getting easy games, I'll go for completions that take a long time, like RPG games or hard games, like Max Payne 3, Mirror's Edge, etc.

I still complete some easy ones but, that's only because I've played them because I like them, such as new things like Lollipop Chainsaw.

keyserheel1
Good Old Avatar!

I heard that one was real easy and you could get a 1000 in one evening...

Capn Doug
06-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Of course. If I can find it for under $10, my general rule is that it is worth a try and a buy. So far, the only game I've felt ripped off by using that method was Backyard Football 2010.

What's so bad about Avatar, anyone? I've never played it because I usually shy away from online achievements, but game play on youtube looks kinda fun.

Different Avatar.

I heard that one was real easy and you could get a 1000 in one evening...

Try 5 minutes or less.

Spanish Assault
06-20-2012, 04:11 PM
yup....most people with 100k GS have played some bad games...I don't force myself to finish them anymore....if they suck I get rid oif them. Games Like:

Iron Man 2
Bionic Commando
King Kong
Superman Returns
World Series of Poker
Space Chimps
Transformers
Sniper
Jericho
Hulk
Timeshift
Duke Nukem

Chaz Of Sparta
06-20-2012, 05:31 PM
No, I never buy games for achievements.

boredone
06-20-2012, 05:43 PM
I don't usually buy crap games but after saying that, i did 1000 king kong... that was a few hours i will never get back.

Madame Kennedy
06-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Being a college student with VERY limited income I can't really go buying dime-worthy games just for achievements. xD And it's not something I really like wasting time with anyway, playing a game that I barely even like just for points.

Made that mistake recently after buying Spyro: DoD because I just felt like getting a new game. I wouldn't say it was a purely stupid choice. I got it because I'm a veteran fan of Spyro, since day one on the PS1, and had hopes for the newer titles. But in the end it still holds true that no Spyro game has been halfway-decent since the first three, and this one was just...ugh. Graphics and game physics were terrible, Elijah Wood voiced Spyro (all I could think was Mumble from Happy Feet the whole time), and the co-op with the female dragon was poorly developed. I took it back to Gamestop the following day lol.

Grim Streaker
06-20-2012, 06:44 PM
I've never bought a game purely for achievements (crap or otherwise) I buy games if I like them. If I'm not sure 'bout a game I'll borrow it of a friend first.

djrapperz
06-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Good Old Avatar!

Same lol but i didnt buy it i rented it

runswithscissors
06-21-2012, 08:16 AM
I rented jumper and brave, these were rubbish and couldn't get the full 1000 on them anyway

Xarthis
06-21-2012, 08:39 AM
Don't forget bout the freebie Arcade games for achievements too!

Doritos's crash course (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/doritos-crash-course/overview/)

Aegis Wing (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/aegis-wing/overview/)

Harms Way (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/harms-way/overview/)

I'm sure there's more. Just all i can remember off the top of my head

pinksheets
06-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Used to do this, found a few surprise enjoyable games this way (TMNT, Surfs Up). Nowadays I just don't have the heart for it, nor do I buy games in the same volume as I used to. There are the few easy games from those devs who don't quite seem to get achievements that just happen to fit my weird tastes (I was HYPED for Sherlock vs. Jack the Ripper lol), but really I just try to take it slow and get the maximum completion I can from a game I want to play without letting the achievement gathering ruin my experience by getting too frustrating.

Rapture639
07-16-2012, 10:36 PM
I know someone who played that awful leisure suit Larry game just because he thought it was an easy 1000 LOL *smh*

I usually don't mind playing a "not-so-great" game for achievements as long as its short and I usually rent them. Rarely will I actually buy one unless its cheaper than what it costs to rent it. Alot of people like to talk smack to me about it but hey what can I say

Haters are gonna hate

and

HUNTERS GONNA HUNT

CONKER1182
07-16-2012, 11:01 PM
I sure have.

Pocketbike racer, Terminator Salvation, Ice age 3, Disney Pixar up, All CSI games, NCIS, Lost via domus, Dead space ignition, Megamind, Blacksite area 51, Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, Days of thunder arcade, rio, Rango, Cars, Cars 2, surfs up, Big bumpin, etc etc

BSC YoungBoy
07-16-2012, 11:08 PM
I rented a few easy games from the library (free) when I first started going for achievements, but i would never spend money on games purely for easy achievements.

I find it funny to see people with 100k or more gamerscore brag about their high score, when they got a large chunk of it through garbage games

Kunduz
07-16-2012, 11:13 PM
Nope. If it turns out a games crap, I won't play it. Sometime's I might persevere for the lols. But I wouldn't buy a game for achievements.
This, I have never and will never buy a game purely because of the easy achievements...sure I have some easy games on my tag, but I still enjoyed them

CONKER1182
07-16-2012, 11:41 PM
This, I have never and will never buy a game purely because of the easy achievements...sure I have some easy games on my tag, but I still enjoyed them

Most easy 1k games I rent from GameFly and do the GameStop 7 day return thing.

Mandalorian831
07-17-2012, 12:37 AM

Doritos's crash course (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/doritos-crash-course/overview/)

I actually enjoyed all of those games and getting the achievement on Aegis Wing for getting high score was somewhat difficult(for me anyways).

Spade.
07-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Fun goes before achievements for me, so I only stick to games I want to get for fun and get the achievements for them. I'm not buying a $60 dollar game that's probably going to suck just for gamerscore, I'd do that for a 1st on the site attempt, but that's all. I'll go out of my way a little bit such as borrow games for some quick GS frome friends or buy cheap ones that are decent just for the GS. That's about it though.

Kunduz
07-17-2012, 01:19 AM
Most easy 1k games I rent from GameFly and do the GameStop 7 day return thing.
nor do I rent, because why play a game you know you won't enjoy?

ReaptheChaos
07-17-2012, 02:44 AM
I’ve played a few games that I really didn’t care for and I drudged through them just for the achievements. I have bought games because I heard the achievements were easy, but I actually liked them. I played Avatar, but it’s hard to say if it was good or bad because I only played it for 30 seconds. I also set up boosting matches to get online achievements for older games, but I honestly ended up enjoying most of those, if not the game itself the conversation with the boosting partner(s). On the whole I’d have to say no, I haven’t done that.

hydrosugar
07-17-2012, 02:48 AM
I suppose TMNT counts. That being said, I liked it more than a lot of other games ive played on the console.

Iceskater101
07-17-2012, 02:59 PM
I played Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer. I didn't get all the achievements in the game because it was too boring.

SmarmySmurf
07-17-2012, 05:15 PM
I've played a few like Eragon, Golden Compass, Cloudy..., Blazing Angels, TMNT... but you know, I liked them enough to rent anyway, and don't regret the time spent playing them. I suppose my tolerance was a bit higher than normal because they were easy and rentals, but I've never played something I'd hate just for Achievements. I've always enjoyed easy/kiddy/licensed games a little, Achievements just pushed me to finish them.

KnucklesV6
07-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Really any kids games. Jumper is definetly a easy 1000!

Tsaako
07-22-2012, 02:52 AM
Not gonna lie, I do sometimes.

Half the time their real cheap aswell, can't complain much.

Whispin627
07-22-2012, 12:17 PM

I agree. Some other easy ones (although not free but good):
Faery Legends of Avalon
Stacking
Bejeweled

napoearth
07-22-2012, 12:31 PM
I have 1000gd a bunch of my kids games, buy I didn't buy them for that.

otaking live
07-22-2012, 12:31 PM

Damn Doritos game makes me raaaaage to hard so I can't 200/200 it.

I bought a pile of shit easy Gs games. Played some of them and got tired of it. Still got the CSI games and others sitting on my shelf unplayed.

Smoochy
07-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Avatar was the only one on my list that I played for the easy GS. Shit game was shit.

mattesty
07-22-2012, 01:30 PM
I only buy games I know I am going to play. If the games turns out to be crap I will usually just finish it.

Hiroshi Mishima
07-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Basically what Mattesty said above me. I don't have the kind of money some people have to throw it away on worthless games simply to bump up my GamerScore or Achievement count.

I mean, I've certainly played easy games, but almost always I got them cause I enjoyed them after trying the demo. Stacking and Costume Quest were particularly easy to get everything on, but I got those to help support Double Fine and was quite pleased that they were also a lot of fun. Pity CQ's DLC ends on a cliffhanger.

I will, however, play some of my cousin's games to see if they're any good. Sometimes I'll get all the achievements for those, like I did with Smackdown vs RAW 2010 - though that certainly wasn't an easy task.

mattesty
07-22-2012, 01:56 PM
The only time I will play crap games is like I said if I buy it and turns out to be crap, or if I borrow it from a friend. :p

FFFreak1129
07-23-2012, 03:35 AM
I downloaded Harms Way. It was easy and free but I think thats the only one. The other easy games I bought because I was interested in playing them.

yourbreakfast99
07-23-2012, 03:38 AM
only a few: Avatar, College Hoops 2k6, NBA 2K6, NHL 2K6 and they were rented

ItzWang
07-23-2012, 04:37 AM
Fight Night Round 3, Avatar, King Kong, All Terribad Games IMO.

Death Metal Jim
07-23-2012, 04:49 AM
I've purchased and completed some real crap games over the last few years, purely to boost my score and ratio on TrueAchievements.

Those games include:

Aliens Vs Predator (decent game with horrible multiplayer)

Damnation (pure trash)

Legendary (even worse than above)

Army Of Two: The 40th Day (a disgrace compared to the original)

Quantum Theory (atrocious Gears ripoff)

Timeshift (mediocre game)

Perfect Dark Zero (worst game on the 360)

Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic: Elements (worst RPG on 360)

Ninety Nine Nights 2 (another disgrace compared to the original)

Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon (this game is actually really fun)

Unreal Tournament 3 (boredom defined)

Fracture (grenade-a-thon of bullshit)

Wolfenstein (mediocre)

Dark Sector (decent but very flawed, with horrible multiplayer)

Two Worlds (actually really liked this one)

EchoPark
07-23-2012, 05:33 AM
Crap games for achievements are my bread and butter!! lol nah i admit alot of my collection will have some of the most awful games of the 360 life span .... Attack The Movies anyone? lol But some awful games I enjoy like the bad superhero games like Cap America and Green Lanten i enjoyed lol cause they are cheesy

CHIRUNO99
07-23-2012, 07:45 AM
Just My Horse and Me 2.
I'm on the borderline of saying Harm's Way, only because it had a broken match making system.

Campasaurus
07-24-2012, 01:25 AM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Darkest of Days.

ditchey1996
07-24-2012, 01:06 PM
I've played games that have easy 1000G but I've never gone and bought a game for easy achievements.

I'm basically the same as DJConnelly (comment number two)

same as well. I would buy a game but if it had achievements that were easy then it would totally be unexpected

hydrosugar
07-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Damn Doritos game makes me raaaaage to hard so I can't 200/200 it.

That game is far from easy. It was all I could do to make the end of the level, much less freaking Gold medal it. Plus pesky online achievements. I could never look at Doritos the same again. (The one second of eye contact before they get eaten is now just filled with despair.)

SIMPLYMIDGET
07-24-2012, 10:56 PM
OPEN SEASON

less then 3 hours. was on sale via xbox live for $3.99

my_box_72
07-24-2012, 11:14 PM
OPEN SEASON

less then 3 hours. was on sale via xbox live for $3.99

LOL finished that one in 2 hours not bad easy game

The Produca
07-25-2012, 01:57 AM
I've never bought a crap game for achievements. There's an arcade game called harms way and it 12 achievements for 200G that is free. If its free, I'll play for achievements.

runswithscissors
07-26-2012, 06:47 AM
Just rented lost. Not as bad as some others but still pretty naff and very tedious to play

LoweenRedtail
07-27-2012, 03:13 AM
Actually, I joined this site and I am currently going in alphabetical order, all games, to boost my GS and achievement list.