PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who have played the game...

Kardinal81
06-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Hi guys,

The game doesn't come out in the UK until tomorrow, I want this game to work and be all it could be. I have spent the best part of the day scouring the internet reading disappointing reviews, yet part of me can't help but wonder how much of the poor controls is down to the reviewer... so I am turning to you guys!

Those that have the game already from the US, please would you give your UK (and European) cousins your honest opinion?

Thank you all in advance!

xD Rick
06-20-2012, 07:40 PM
I think this is a really great game, very exciting to play, the firefight is awesome and those VT´s are really cool and all, but for me it works well only when using the controller. When it comes to Kinect use, is a bit of crap.
It always read my moves the wrong way, like when I put my hands forward to enter the HUD mode it thinks I pulled the little lever thing to enter high speed mode, and such.
So, give it a try first, rent it and see for yourself.
Maybe your Kinect likes you in a way mine doesn´t like me.

Kardinal81
06-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Thanks for your reply, I'm glad that the game is fun despite the apparent Kinect issues. The games I have used Kinect for, are mainly for the kids to play (kinect sports, adventures and raving rabbids A&K) and these haven't been too much of an issue. I think I will take your advice, wait and rent it and then see if it is not too much of a problem.

Hopefully see you in a VT soon! :)

xD Rick
06-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Thanks for your reply, I'm glad that the game is fun despite the apparent Kinect issues. The games I have used Kinect for, are mainly for the kids to play (kinect sports, adventures and raving rabbids A&K) and these haven't been too much of an issue. I think I will take your advice, wait and rent it and then see if it is not too much of a problem.

Hopefully see you in a VT soon! :)

Glad to help, in any way I can.
If you decide to play it, there´s a thread here for coop partners, just post there and probably everyone will message you, including myself.

docalien
06-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Results definitely seem to be mixed concerning how well everyone's Kinect picks up motions. I very rarely have a problem with Kinect interpreting what I'm trying to do. For reference, I usually play in a dimly lit room, and usually in the evening/nighttime, and I'm 6-8 feet away from the Kinect, which is mounted on top of my TV (had it in front before, but top mounting made it work better in a few other games). The most common issue I have is pulling down the periscope (done by reaching straight up) instead of pulling down the shutter over the viewport (done by reaching out at about head height, then pulling down). I had this issue once or twice in my time with the demo, and I'd say the full game is no better or worse in recognizing it. I'd definitely say play the demo a few times to see how it works for you. I picked up the game for almost half off on Amazon after some credit I had and their already lowered price, and I don't regret it at all.

Kardinal81
06-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Results definitely seem to be mixed concerning how well everyone's Kinect picks up motions. I very rarely have a problem with Kinect interpreting what I'm trying to do. For reference, I usually play in a dimly lit room, and usually in the evening/nighttime, and I'm 6-8 feet away from the Kinect, which is mounted on top of my TV (had it in front before, but top mounting made it work better in a few other games). The most common issue I have is pulling down the periscope (done by reaching straight up) instead of pulling down the shutter over the viewport (done by reaching out at about head height, then pulling down). I had this issue once or twice in my time with the demo, and I'd say the full game is no better or worse in recognizing it. I'd definitely say play the demo a few times to see how it works for you. I picked up the game for almost half off on Amazon after some credit I had and their already lowered price, and I don't regret it at all.

That is great news to hear that someone's Kinect actually works! You are right, I had forgotten about the demo, it is payday tomorrow so was thinking making the purchase then... Thank you for your responses and glad you are enjoying the game.

Slaughter.
02-27-2013, 10:28 PM
My Kinect works find, it's just that the game requires precise movements that the Kinect can't handle. The saddest part of it all is this: The game is very cool. It's an alternate United Nations that is jeopardizing everyone's freedom, so the United States Army goes in to deal with them. Not only that, but the characters in the game are very diverse and unique. Sometimes you'll love a character, but a stray piece of shrapnel will fly by and hit them, and they will die. There's no restarting to bring them back to life, they're dead for good. They are replaced with a new character whom has a new personality and you may or may not connect with. That concept needs to carry over to all FPS games, as it is very interesting and cool.