PDA

View Full Version : Problem after GT Recovery: Achievements appear in wrong language

LordBunnyHunter
06-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Hi

I'm British but live in Switzerland and have a Swiss Xbox LIVE account. But my console is set to English and so are all my games and achievements etc.

The thing now is, that I had to recover my GT (which worked absolutely fine). But now, all my achievements appear in German! How can I undo this? Console has been set to English ever since and guys, the names for the achievements in German sound really stupid.

Thanks in advance.

DVDiano
06-21-2012, 03:21 AM
Same thing happened to me recently, I live in Spain and I have the console set on english language since the beginning. After a recent GT recovery, all the achievements already earned appeared in spanish, wich sucks because usually they are poorly translated.
I think the recovery system uses the language used in the country set in your locale or maybe the language used in the country you make the recovery from... anyway, it sucks :mad:

AmbaLaBamba
06-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Some information from the guys and girls at Xbox.com Support:

The workaround for this issue, from the sound of what you described, would be to change your console language settings to match your account language settings, so in your case, Italian + Italian. However, I understand that you would prefer English on your console; unfortunately, due to your region, I'm afraid that some of your content is now bound to show in Italian.

Looks to me like it's going to be stuck like that and I can't think of a way around it myself, unless someone on the site has another idea. :confused:

LordBunnyHunter
07-05-2012, 09:54 AM
I contacted the Xbox Support this morning and explained this issue to them and according to what you've come up with already, there's no way around this.
The language options for your country can be found here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/countries

If the preferred language doesn't appear, it means you won't be able to choose it. This means that this problem cannot be resolved at this time.
End of story.