PDA

View Full Version : Store Trade

PLaSmA T4rt
06-21-2012, 04:05 AM
Well im thinking of buying a new xbox 360 and when i do i want to trade in my old one or do something with it. im going to trade it at ebgames and i have some questions like does it have to be in very good condition to accept it, do i need packing box, do i need exactly every piece of equipment that came with the xbox. one more question: what did u guys do with your old system?

rekikire
06-21-2012, 04:56 AM
All of these questions can be answered by your local friendly EBGames staff. Ask them.

Ethiebeefy
06-21-2012, 05:56 AM
Your only gonna get $30 odd dollars If its an Arcade system. Better off keeping it..

Skillet
06-21-2012, 06:01 AM
It needs to be in complete working condition. If anything doesn't work as new, they will chop off a huge chunk. For instance, if your disk tray sticks periodically, they will cut down how much you get. By a lot.

Also, you need to have a controller, power strip, and any kind of AV/HDMI cables. And no, they don't have to be the exact ones that came with the console.

I was going to sell one of my consoles to Gamestop and they would have given me $80, but my disk tray sticks... so they offered $30.

I... didn't sell. lol

Gamestop owns EB Games, so their policies are likely the same.

Skilled
06-21-2012, 07:13 AM
By the way you need a controller with it too, it must be the same colour as the console.

AmbaLaBamba
06-21-2012, 10:06 AM
If what the others in here are saying is true (how much you might get offered) I would just keep the console, I did that with my old Elite and so far it has still been of use for recording gameplay on another account and using it downstairs to play Kinect etc. It's also good as a backup just in case something does happen, but lets not think about that shall we.

iTs xLuiGi
06-21-2012, 11:09 AM
you're ALWAYS 100% better off going with craigslist. if craigslist isn't an option for you, keep the console. it's not worth trading it in to a game store. they'll knock the price down any way they can.

gamestop offered me $22 for my gears of war 3, disk in perfect condition, case in perfect condition, manuals, etc. then they dropped the price to $12 because i used one of the stickers that came with the game on a notebook i use at work. just an example.

mrj3d
06-21-2012, 12:51 PM
I replaced my 360 a few years ago. I sold it on eBay with some spare controllers, mics, and a few random games I didn't want. Sold for a tidy amount.

ChickinOnaChain
06-21-2012, 01:04 PM
I've traded in two, working consoles with controllers and have gotten an average of $110 each time and used that toward a new console. It was worth it to me.