PDA

View Full Version : Lego Batman 2: Minikit Guide

Rep
06-21-2012, 04:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/yVgOh.png

Credit to XboxAchievables (CrispyVictim) for the Minikit videos.
His YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/XboxAchievables

Feel free to post here if you need help with a particular minikit. Each level can be found below.

Level 1(Theatrical Pursuits)

LEGO Batman 2 - Minikit Guide: Theatrical Pursuits - YouTube

Level 2 (Harboring a Criminal)

LEGO Batman 2 - Minikit Guide: Harboring a Criminal - YouTube

Level 3 (Arkham Asylum Antics)

LEGO Batman 2 - Minikit Guide: Arkham Asylum Antics - YouTube

Level 4 (Asylum Assignment)

LEGO Batman 2 - Minikit Guide: Asylum Assignment - YouTube

Level 5 (Chemical Crisis)

LEGO Batman 2 - Minikit Guide: Chemical Crisis - YouTube

Level 6 (Chemical Signature)

LEGO Batman 2 - Minikit Guide: Chemical Signature - YouTube

Level 7 (Unwelcome Guests)

LEGO Batman 2 - Minikit Guide: Unwelcome Guests - YouTube

Level 8 (Destination Metropolis)

LEGO Batman 2 - Minikit Guide: Destination Metropolis - YouTube

Rep
06-21-2012, 04:17 AM
Level 9 (Research and Development)

LEGO Batman 2 - Minikit Guide: Research and Development - YouTube

Level 10 (Down to Earth)

LEGO Batman 2 - Minikit Guide: Down To Earth - YouTube

Level 11 (Underground Retreat)

LEGO Batman 2 - Minikit Guide: Underground Retreat - YouTube

Level 12 (The Next President)

LEGO Batman 2 - Minikit Guide: The Next President - YouTube

Level 13 (Core Instability)

LEGO Batman 2 - Minikit Guide: Core Instability - YouTube

Level 14 (Tower Defiance)

LEGO Batman 2 - Minikit Guide: Tower Defiance - YouTube

Level 15 (Heroes Unite)

LEGO Batman 2 - Minikit Guide: Heroes Unite - YouTube

BHTowler
06-21-2012, 04:18 AM
reserved for more info...

These are great.. Can't wait for 5-15. Definitely gonna use them to make this a faster process.

BHTowler
06-21-2012, 04:20 AM
I have a question for Mission 5 - Chemical Crisis.

The arrow points down to a large area of water.

Rep
06-21-2012, 04:21 AM
I have a question for Mission 5 - Chemical Crisis.

The arrow points down to a large area of water.

Gotta be a little more descriptive than that. I'm running off of memory.:)

BHTowler
06-21-2012, 04:23 AM
Gotta be a little more descriptive than that. I'm running off of memory.:)

Sorry, haha.

There is a platform which has 4 corners - a switch will flip over the platform upon destroying all 4 corners.

Once the platform flips, a puddle of green goo appears. Then in front of it is a square area of water.

Rep
06-21-2012, 04:26 AM
Sorry, haha.

There is a platform which has 4 corners - a switch will flip over the platform upon destroying all 4 corners.

Once the platform flips, a puddle of green goo appears. Then in front of it is a square area of water.

That's not a minikit, is it? To get past that you must spray clear water at the green shit.

BHTowler
06-21-2012, 04:27 AM
That's not a minikit, is it? To get past that you must spray clear water at the green shit.

No, that wasn't a minikit, once the green shit is sprayed with water, it reveals the electric batsuit, but ther is still a white arrow pointing to that area of water.

Rep
06-21-2012, 04:29 AM
No, that wasn't a minikit, once the green shit is sprayed with water, it reveals the electric batsuit, but ther is still a white arrow pointing to that area of water.

Oh, you will need to get the minikit from the other side of the fence. There will be something you have to shoot with Lex Luthor's gun.

BHTowler
06-21-2012, 04:29 AM
Oh, you will need to get the minikit from the other side of the fence. There will be something you have to shoot with Lex Luthor's gun.

Yep! I just found the black bricks

Rep
06-21-2012, 04:54 AM
Another in Chemical Crisis.. The whole place is on fire now, and there is a patch of green goo and I'm not sure what to do.

If it's at the beginning of that part then you will need to use Superman to fly up near the fire in order to activate something. You should watch this walkthrough for the story parts:

Lego Batman 2 Walkthrough: Level 5 - Chemical Crisis [1/3] [720P HD] - YouTube

BHTowler
06-21-2012, 05:03 AM
There's a minikit in the little area where Robin's ball controls a computer.

Rep
06-21-2012, 05:06 AM
There's a minikit in the little area where Robin's ball controls a computer.

You need to hit the bottom left thing on the computer screen in order to get access to the minikit. Can't remember what happens after that.

BHTowler
06-21-2012, 05:07 AM
You need to hit the bottom left thing on the computer screen in order to get access to the minikit. Can't remember what happens after that.

Okay, you need to get Batman to electrify the switch in the corner of the room, then the option in the bottom left of the screen appears, dropping the minikit.

Rep
06-21-2012, 05:20 AM
Boomerang!!!!! all of them at once. :)

CrispyVictim
06-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Wow! These are some top notch minikit guides. Whoever made these is clearly a professional.

RoaringMdog
06-21-2012, 10:48 PM
Does anyone know how to get the minikit that is on top of the roof of the wayne tower in level 14? Its in some sort of tube and nothing i do works :/

Rep
06-21-2012, 10:51 PM
Does anyone know how to get the minikit that is on top of the roof of the wayne tower in level 14? Its in some sort of tube and nothing i do works :/

I can try to help if you post a picture.

RoaringMdog
06-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Its the tube right next to the characters.

http://gyazo.com/7819a1683bd980e48f2ce2eab5c8639b

Rep
06-21-2012, 11:39 PM
Its the tube right next to the characters.

http://gyazo.com/7819a1683bd980e48f2ce2eab5c8639b

I had a problem with that one as well. You will need Robin's Hazard Suit that you can pick up in that small building. You will see another tube similar to the one with the minikit right at the start of the checkpoint. You will need to use Robin's Hazard suit to freeze something.

Wow! These are some top notch minikit guides. Whoever made these is clearly a professional.

Yeah, they are. Whoever had uploaded them must be a boss. :)

roneraven
06-22-2012, 01:44 AM
Hey rep or anyone, I'm stuck on this minikit in level 9 research and development. It's at the stage right before you enter the room with the robot battle.

Directly in front of the gold wall you have to cut and then enter to get to the robot battle there is a puddle of slime that I cleaned away with aquaman. Underneath of that is what looks like a glass piece but I can't get anyone to break it.

Thanx in advance for your help;)

EDIT; nevermind, I opened my eyes and realized it was magnetic. It was the simplest things!!

RoaringMdog
06-22-2012, 01:52 AM
Nevermind! Figured it out. Thanks Rep.

Didn't need to freeze anything , i had to spray water in the other tube.

Rep
06-22-2012, 01:56 AM
So im on top of the roof at the minikit , but i cant freeze anything.. Any other suggestions?

You don't freeze the tube with the Minikit, you freeze the one to the left of where the checkpoint had started...

roneraven
06-22-2012, 05:15 PM
There is a minikit on level 11 in the subway up on a ledge to the left that I cannot fly into and I don't see any doors, breakable Legos, or ladders.

Any chance someone could throw out a hint on how to get it? Thanx;)

Rep
06-22-2012, 05:18 PM
There is a minikit on level 11 in the subway up on a ledge to the left that I cannot fly into and I don't see any doors, breakable Legos, or ladders.

Is it at the beginning of the level? A picture could help. :)

GuruAskew
06-22-2012, 05:21 PM

If it's the one I'm thinking of you'll need Lex to destroy a large shiny black wall and then you can just jump through and grab it, then there's a ladder you can climb down and get another Minikit out of a Riddler box.

roneraven
06-22-2012, 05:24 PM
Is it at the beginning of the level? A picture could help. :)

It's somewhat at the beginning. After you go through the actual train car to get to the lower level. You then have to pull the train out of the way to continue into the Y shaped area. It's up and to the left.

I just snapped a pic with my phone so it's not great quality but I'll upload it in a sec.

If it's the one I'm thinking of you'll need Lex to destroy a large shiny black wall and then you can just jump through and grab it, then there's a ladder you can climb down and get another Minikit out of a Riddler box.
It's a little past those

Edit; http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8153/7420886468_b92343d62a.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/68928742@N08/7420886468/)

Rep
06-22-2012, 05:33 PM
It's somewhat at the beginning. After you go through the actual train car to get to the lower level. You then have to pull the train out of the way to continue into the Y shaped area. It's up and to the left.

I just snapped a pic with my phone so it's not great quality but I'll upload it in a sec.

It's a little past those

Edit; http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8153/7420886468_b92343d62a.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/68928742@N08/7420886468/)

Take Superman and fly up there, lol? That's how I had done it.

roneraven
06-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Take Superman and fly up there, lol? That's how I had done it.

Haha really? It wouldn't let me when I tried, maybe it was a glitch. Oh well, thanx rep, I'll just keep trying to fly in there then lol. It didn't look like there was any other way ;)

GuruAskew
06-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Yeah you should definitely be able to just fly up there. There are no tricks to getting it, it must be an example of the game's wonky collision/physics.

Some of my most frustrating experiences in the game were finding gold bricks in the city hub on statues, sides of buildings etc. They were really easy to find and usually only required Superman's heat vision to reveal but manuevering Superman to actually get the bricks was a nightmare.

Rep
06-22-2012, 05:50 PM
Yeah you should definitely be able to just fly up there. There are no tricks to getting it, it must be an example of the game's wonky collision/physics.

Some of my most frustrating experiences in the game were finding gold bricks in the city hub on statues, sides of buildings etc. They were really easy to find and usually only required Superman's heat vision to reveal but manuevering Superman to actually get the bricks was a nightmare.

Agreed.

The flying controls in the game are horrible.

GuruAskew
06-22-2012, 05:54 PM
They're not bad at all until your character makes contact with a building. Then you get stuck most of the time and the camera gets all messed up. Aside from that the flying was probably the most-fun part of the game. I probably put 30 hours in it and hearing the '78 John Williams Superman theme over and over again never got old. It's almost a shame that this is the first game to do Superman justice.

I became a pro at flying both in-game during the free play runthrough and in the city hub (different controls) when I was cleaning up on collectibles, but I definitely knew to avoid the buildings. It's just that many of those gold bricks are basically attached to those buildings and statues.

roneraven
06-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Ok guys last one;)

In the final fight(heroes unite) there is an arrow directly in front of the joker robots face, it's my last minikit and I can't figure it out. Thanx

Rep
06-22-2012, 08:23 PM
Ok guys last one;)

In the final fight(heroes unite) there is an arrow directly in front of the joker robots face, it's my last minikit and I can't figure it out. Thanx

Same one I was having a problem with. :)

Instead of me explaining it, go to the thread that I posted and read what the guy posted.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=375358

roneraven
06-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Thanx rep, I didn't see that thread when I looked.

Iron Blood97
06-22-2012, 08:45 PM
C:\Users\Sam\Pictures\2012-06-22\119.JPG

My last minikit is in the core instability level. where it looks like its above a willow tree as i drive across the bridge. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rep
06-22-2012, 08:50 PM
C:\Users\Sam\Pictures\2012-06-22\119.JPG

My last minikit is in the core instability level. where it looks like its above a willow tree as i drive across the bridge. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can't see the picture, man. You must set it as an attachment or upload it to a image hosting website.

Anways, I think that's the one where you will need to shoot two of Two-face's vehicles. There is one at the beginning of the level, then another one right near the arrow at the bridge.

Iron Blood97
06-22-2012, 09:06 PM
that did it. thanks a bunch!

Rep
06-24-2012, 10:07 AM
All levels are now added! Please leave some feedback in order to keep the thread alive.

Barsey
06-24-2012, 03:51 PM
The flight mechanics are no wonkier than Superman: Returns. The were the absolute worst. Thanks for posting the videos.

burnoutbabe
06-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Could someone do a summary of which charachters are needed for the minikits - usually you just need to have unlocked 4-5 ones to be able to get all the minikits, might be helpful to know which these are, before starting off the 2nd playthrough of the levels.

I assume you need Lex, but anyone else (beyond all batman/robin variants) and superman.

benq31
06-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Could someone do a summary of which charachters are needed for the minikits - usually you just need to have unlocked 4-5 ones to be able to get all the minikits, might be helpful to know which these are, before starting off the 2nd playthrough of the levels.

I assume you need Lex, but anyone else (beyond all batman/robin variants) and superman.

You'll need Aquaman or Killer Croc for a few of them that involve going underwater: one in the second Arkham level and another in... I forget which exactly, it might be level five but don't quote me on that.

You'll also need Aquaman to shoot water jets in the subway level, as there is a series of graffiti that you need to spray off--seven drawings in all--to get the minikit.

Poison Ivy has a few, including one in the Arkham maze.

There's a Penguin one that requires you to put a bomb in an igloo.

It's always nice to have Joker and Riddler handy for their character-specific boxes.

Man-Bat and Black Canary are useful for breaking glass when Batman's sonic suit isn't around.

benq31
06-25-2012, 03:59 PM
In a lot of ways, it's easier to name which characters you /won't/ need for your second playthrough. :/

jpg30
06-25-2012, 04:28 PM
i can't get the mini kit in the first chapter after the harley quinn fight, it's the one downstairs where u have to play the 4 coloured steps after using joker to put the power on, i followed the video but it just won't unlock.

:confused:

EDIT: got it now, the bloody other character must have stepped on a colour when i stepped on one, why can't they just stay still until u move from the area.

notagrain
06-25-2012, 04:33 PM

You'll need Aquaman for underwater stuff and water spraying w/out Robin's suit, Manbat or Black Canary for sonic w/out a suit, Joker for his boxes and electricity w/out a suit, Riddler for his boxes (I remember at least one), Lex (as you noted), Poison Ivy for plant pads (she can walk through them), Penguin for explosions w/out a suit and otherwise I think the folks you unlock in the regular game fill in the rest. You'll get fast building with Flash and green building with Green Lantern and magnetics with Cyborg, then heat/x-ray/flying/freeze with Superman. Pretty sure that covers everything? I don't think I missed anything but I'm doing this from memory.

Pod207
06-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the video

ian1109
06-25-2012, 06:55 PM
rep for the last video you have uploaded the 14th mission again, any chance of changing it

Rep
06-25-2012, 07:03 PM
rep for the last video you have uploaded the 14th mission again, any chance of changing it

I have been doing this all on my phone since I'm on vacation. Sorry for that, it's fixed now.

BenzoJ6
06-26-2012, 03:44 AM
Thnks 4 the videos dude

ian1109
06-26-2012, 06:25 AM
I have been doing this all on my phone since I'm on vacation. Sorry for that, it's fixed now.
Np these videos were a great help finished the game 100% thanks to these as some of the minikit pieces are really confusing to get

nikkival
06-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Many thanks for the guide, great job! Just finishing up the bobbins bits now for my 1000GS!

FizzyKarma
06-28-2012, 11:10 AM
These videos are a great help, Thanks Rep. Still having trouble with the last minikit on Core Instability, its the one that shows above the tree in the park. Ive destroyed the statues over and over, no luck. I noticed you posted about the two face vehicles, but when I destroy them it says 1/1, shouldnt it say 1/2, 2/2? Any help would be great guys :)

ian1109
06-28-2012, 05:55 PM
These videos are a great help, Thanks Rep. Still having trouble with the last minikit on Core Instability, its the one that shows above the tree in the park. Ive destroyed the statues over and over, no luck. I noticed you posted about the two face vehicles, but when I destroy them it says 1/1, shouldnt it say 1/2, 2/2? Any help would be great guys :)
the twoface vehicles were a hard on for me and noticed the same thing you did, but when the second one turned up i noticed it also said 1 of 1 but in a different colour, you should try and leave the statues until the last thing, then when you take out the first one don't do anything and drive around to see if the helicopter has appeared above the tree, shoot it then carry on

FizzyKarma
06-28-2012, 09:06 PM
the twoface vehicles were a hard on for me and noticed the same thing you did, but when the second one turned up i noticed it also said 1 of 1 but in a different colour, you should try and leave the statues until the last thing, then when you take out the first one don't do anything and drive around to see if the helicopter has appeared above the tree, shoot it then carry on

Thanks ian, finally got the last one...I think that I was destroying a statue between the two vehicles which was stopping it :mad:. 1000G, here I come :woop::drunk

UberPirateNinja
06-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks for this! Very helpful!

goothgone
06-29-2012, 07:17 PM
props i got all the minikit with the video :)

BooBooKitty82
07-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Thanks alot!! These really helped!

ian1109
07-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Thanks ian, finally got the last one...I think that I was destroying a statue between the two vehicles which was stopping it :mad:. 1000G, here I come :woop::drunk
np glad i helped

CuddlyREDRUM
07-02-2012, 06:28 AM
Thanks for the Core Instability vid, I was going ape shit over it.

Rep
07-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Giving this a little bump in case some people have missed it.

@CuddlyREDRUM - No problem.

FireWarrior316
07-07-2012, 02:59 AM
during mission 13 when the joker bot is chasing you you get to a area that looks like a park off to the right of the screen. there is a white arrow above a tree there but i can't tell what i need to do in the video. i will try to get a pic of the spot on my TV if i can but i don't know how good the quality will be. if anyone knows please let me know.

Rep
07-07-2012, 03:04 AM
during mission 13 when the joker bot is chasing you you get to a area that looks like a park off to the right of the screen. there is a white arrow above a tree there but i can't tell what i need to do in the video. i will try to get a pic of the spot on my TV if i can but i don't know how good the quality will be. if anyone knows please let me know.

There are two of Two-Face's vehicles that you will need to destroy for that minikit. The first vehicle is as soon as you begin the level, and the second vehicle appears near the arrow for the minikit.

FireWarrior316
07-07-2012, 03:09 AM
alright i will take a look again, do the vehicles disappear after awhile cause i see the one at the beginning of the level but i never see the other one come out

Rep
07-07-2012, 03:13 AM
alright i will take a look again, do the vehicles disappear after awhile cause i see the one at the beginning of the level but i never see the other one come out

I know you have to shoot the second one fast enough, but I'm not sure about the first one. Try switching vehicles if you cannot destroy it the first time.

FireWarrior316
07-07-2012, 03:21 AM
Thanks for the help and the fast replies

helta_skelta
07-09-2012, 01:18 PM
for level 13 i got nine out of ten mini kits and the last one is pointing on top of a tree ?

Ben987
07-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Thanks for putting these up. Huge help on the later levels!

Rep
07-09-2012, 05:13 PM
for level 13 i got nine out of ten mini kits and the last one is pointing on top of a tree ?

Search the forums because that has been answered plenty of times.

LeMansFahrer
07-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Thank You very much for the great videos. Was a great help. Good Work

Rep
07-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Thank You very much for the great videos. Was a great help. Good Work

Thank him: http://www.youtube.com/user/XboxAchievables

Virgin
07-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Saved a lot of ball ache, thanks.

Dazz
01-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Hopefully someone can help me here.

I'm stuck with the last minikit on Mission 9 (Research & Development).

It's in the room with the robot fight at the end and I know how to get it, it's just that apparently I need Aquaman, The Joker and The Flash to get it but every time I pick Joker or Aquaman, I always get a Lexbot replacing the other character, giving me 2/3 characters for that particular minikit.

Can't watch videos at all here and have been struggling to start the mission, skip cutscene, check characters, quit the level, try again for hours now.

Any ideas on what I can do to get this damn minikit? Thanks.

Redemption Mode
04-10-2013, 12:29 AM
I've already 1K'ed this game on the 360, but my girl was having trouble with Level 13 (Core Instability) for the PS3 . The video was very helpful. Thank you! Great videos!

albaforce
07-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Awesome! Thnx!

Smurfenstein619
01-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Having a little trouble in Unwelcome Visitors (the one in the Batcave).

Last one I need to get, there are 3 arrows on the screen. Each one is by one of the vehicles needed to shoot Lex and Joker.

I noticed on the video 1/3, 2/3 and 3/3 pop up, but that's not happening for me. Is there something in particular I have to do or shoot at?