PDA

View Full Version : The game froze/Level 12: The Next Presdient

Shadowmagick
06-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Last night the game froze right after I completed the level. Twice!!! It just shows Robin in the car with Batman standing next to driver's side while it rains. Of course, both times, I didn't get the achievement for this level!Arrrrrgh!!! Has anyone else had any problems similar to this? Any suggestions?

ab gamer123
06-21-2012, 03:27 PM
I had the same problem when I went through the story. I just did some free roaming for a little while, and that seemed to have fixed it. I also used the save port on the roof and then exited to Gotham City and went back to the level. Don't know if that has any effect though. Hope this helps.

Shadowmagick
06-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Before I read your reply, I free roamed in the amusement park and then I went to Level 12 to restart the level. Yesterday, I saved during Level 12 but today the game made me redo the entire level (not from the save point). Right now, I'm looking at another frozen screen. One would think that Tt Games would have gotten all of the kinks out by now. Every LEGO game freezes!!! Arrrgh!!!

JLDUNC
06-21-2012, 05:19 PM
I know others have posted what worked and didn't work and I tried a lot of different ways and combos of solutions. I froze at the end of Level 12 on 5-6 separate occasions trying various ways that had been noted. I had installed the game on my HD and was not having any luck with any methods that kept the game installed.

So, what worked for me was the following (which I believe confirms one of the methods above):
1) Deleting the installed game from the HDD (didn't clear cache)
2) Then, playing some in the free roam world to set up new save point
3) Then, starting the level from the very beginning (driving/walking to the point on the map)
4) Playing through entire level without using the checkpoint save at the end.

Once, I finished the level, cut scene worked and I completed the level officially and moved on. Hope it helps...it was becoming a big pain, until it finally worked out.

Shadowmagick
06-22-2012, 04:38 AM
@JLDUNC, I got back from watching a taping of 'On The Verge'(If you haven't seen this show, please check it out!) at BMCC and was thinking of playing a nice game of LEGO Batman 2 but didn't want to be pissed off by a frozen screen again. Thanks for the tips. Hopefully, it will work for me. If not, I'll be on here bichen (I know that I spelled it wrong; it's a reference to the show 'Psych'). Has anyone beaten the entire game yet? If so, how long did it take? My stats are: 36/150 0/20 11/15 49/250 9/50

JayShockblast
06-23-2012, 12:23 PM
Mine froze on level 13 when I first got Green Lantern and Cyborg towards the top of Wayne Tower.

Fletch
06-23-2012, 03:59 PM
I played it three times so far today and it still freezes! I have uninstalled the game from the hard drive, played in free roam, turned subtitles off and on and turned off motion blur. Still no dice!

DeliriEyeD
06-23-2012, 08:53 PM
I had the same problem when I went through the story. I just did some free roaming for a little while, and that seemed to have fixed it. I also used the save port on the roof and then exited to Gotham City and went back to the level. Don't know if that has any effect though. Hope this helps.

I had the same exact problem and did the same thing by trying it again saving on the roof top and exiting to Gotham City. This worked on my first try after it had frozen for me the first 3 times when I tried just replaying from the checkpoint. Not sure if it is coincidence or maybe a possible fix. Thanks!

mksystem74
06-23-2012, 09:21 PM
It happened to me, all I did was not use the checkpoint and then it was fine on my 2nd attempt. Didnt have to do anything else. Might of just been lucky.

Comrade D Rock
06-23-2012, 09:35 PM
I had the game freeze once at this point, playing 2 player (if that's even relevant). After that happened I installed to the HDD and flew through it after that. Before the first freeze I actually got stuck and had to back out to the city and pop back into the level because, with me playing as Superman and player 2 as Batman, when the robot slams its fist down and the strength pull bar shows up Superman got jammed under the fist and there was no way to get out from it. So 2-player Lego-ers, beware of that death trap on top of this freezing.

Raven6009
06-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Locked up on me the first time through. I just reset the game, drove to the location and played through again without saving. Worked.

Yourburntstar
06-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Locked up on me the first time through. I just reset the game, drove to the location and played through again without saving. Worked.

yeah same thing happened to me, i just opened my xbox's disc tray and closed it, let the game load back up and just went to the Batman symbol on the map and continued where the last checkpoint was and it didnt freeze again. i think its just a minor bug they missed

jturner20
06-24-2012, 03:56 PM
had the exact same problem, had to play through the entire level again and it worked fine. Wouldnt be a Lego game without a glitch.

DoctorPolski
06-24-2012, 11:07 PM
Yay finally got past this. Tried EVERYTHING I could find and nothing worked. It may just be luck of course but for me on my successful go I made sure to NOT get SUPER HERO, made superman shine the spotlight and all the way through the cut scene I kept pressing the guide button, waiting a second, then hitting B to return to cutscene. During the last bit of the cutscene I did this continuously.

Who knows.

sleeplessdave
06-27-2012, 10:44 PM
I've tried every suggestion on the thread. I've played it through about a dozen times now and I'm about at the point where I'm just going to sell the game and buy it back cheap in a couple months when they patch this. If they patch this.

gtasthehunter
06-28-2012, 12:12 AM
Try to play on a different 360?

sleeplessdave
06-28-2012, 02:22 AM
Yeah just have the one xbox. What a shame. Selling my copy. This was on its way to being one of my favorite LEGO games. I've never had a game ruined by a critical flaw like this. Guess I'm due...

gtasthehunter
06-28-2012, 03:29 AM
I meant , Go to someone else with xbox try the game on someone elses xbox if misses up on another xbox its the disc!

JeremyVersion1
06-29-2012, 01:28 AM
I've had two freezing issues with the game so far, and the save system being shit doesn't help it.

gtasthehunter
06-29-2012, 02:50 AM
its does save the checkpoint but doesn't save minikits if save and exit, that doesn't help with freezing and glitches, which is almost just like save and exit.

gaverino00
06-30-2012, 04:08 PM
I've been having exactly the same issue, tried it co-op and single player,I keep getting to the point where the characters are supposed to drive off,then the screen freezes then the audio completes the scene alone!

I have tried restarting console,playing offline,installing/uninstalling from the hard drive,putting subtitles on,motion blur off,not skipping any cutscenes,not saving on the roof top,not getting super hero...basically everything! Its frustrating as its a decent game to play co-op up to this point!!

DEG23
06-30-2012, 11:43 PM
I just want to add my own experience with the freezing. I had it freeze like everyone else. So i dashboarded and reloaded the game, played through the chapter without saving and it worked fine. Not sure if this is just luck but it worked for me.

Mechwolfosx
07-01-2012, 03:15 AM
I had a freeze on level 12 too, but got thru the second time from the checkpoint save. I did have two other freezes in the game - once in the level with the subway where Superman has to laser the gold on the clown hand, and once on another level.

Fun game, though.

TheBatfink
07-01-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm freezing here. Played through 2nd time from checkpoint, froze. Played through again from checkpoint, saved again, froze. Played through again from checkpoint, didnt save again, froze. Rebooted xbox between all these attempts

Doing my head in now. Pretty major bug when it stops story progression like this.

What to try now?

TheBatfink
07-01-2012, 11:00 AM
URgh just tried free roaming, got a few gold bricks. Went back, played through from begining, didnt save, froze!!! WTF!

Comms
07-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Like many of you I had the same problem and did what seemed the easiest out of the given options at the time, considering a restart was necessary anyway, and installed the game to my hard drive. Which worked first time to my amazement.

There are a few different "solutions" to this problem and the chances of them actually working are slim. I believe that getting passed this point using one of them or even playing normally is pure luck and depends on how the game is feeling at the time.

TL;DR? These fixes may not work for you. Just keep trying till it works.

TheBatfink
07-01-2012, 09:09 PM
I finally got it to work. I played a level by selecting the mission number on the map from the bat cave and launched it in free play mode. Collected a couple of studs - and this is what I did different - exit the free play but choose to SAVe and exit.
Then I played mission 12 with everything turned off (subs, music, bllur etc) and it worked. Must of been 15 times I played that damn level.

Personally I think the key was saving on exit of the freeplay but who knows (I'd previously played through the whole of mission 2 and 12 still didnt work).

NoodleII
07-02-2012, 04:03 PM
I also had this problem - tried all of the suggestions here and no luck. I was finally able to get through it by:
-going to dashboard after umpteenth try and game freezing.
-restarted game and went to another area of Gotham and rescued a citizen in peril (triggered autosave). I don't know how much this played a part but mentioning anyway.
-walked over to city hall to trigger level - I had done a quick save previously but this time it had me redo the entire level. The one thing I did differently in the level was NOT to get superhero on the level (which is actually hard since the level throws studs at you). Finished the level normally and it got through that final cutscene.

Hard to say what causes this but something to try - I know this was mentioned earlier by DoctorPolski and was a good thought to try (I didnt go through all the other stuff he mentions though)

sleeplessdave
07-03-2012, 11:47 PM
I ended up selling it after fifteen plus tries. Hope they patch this later. If they do I'll buy it again in a year or so.

T3MP3R
07-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Last night the game froze right after I completed the level. Twice!!! It just shows Robin in the car with Batman standing next to driver's side while it rains. Of course, both times, I didn't get the achievement for this level!Arrrrrgh!!! Has anyone else had any problems similar to this? Any suggestions?
The same thing happened to me. The second time the level didn't glitch tho.

Jack Frost
07-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Alright everybody, I had this same problem, so I messaged TT Games.

They gave me a developer-only cheat code that allows you to skip cutscenes even if you haven't played the level. I was told I could give this away to those who were stuck by this glitch...

The code: N0CUT5 (yes, that's a zero and a five in there)

Just press Y when the end cutscene for level 12 happens, et voila! You can continue the game.

You're welcome. ;)

ImaginaryRuins
07-06-2012, 10:37 AM

They gave me a developer-only cheat code that allows you to skip cutscenes even if you haven't played the level. I was told I could give this away to those who were stuck by this glitch...

Just press Y when the end cutscene for level 12 happens, et voila! You can continue the game.

You're welcome. ;)

Wow! Just curious, when should this password be entered if the glitch happens? While free-roaming in Gothan? Or within level 12?

Jack Frost
07-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Enter the password before the cutscene plays at the end of level 12.

You can enter it in anytime in the Extras section of your menu whether it's in Gotham or during the level. Just be sure to unlock it before the cutscene plays or you're screwed still... ;)

The Kenz
07-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Mine froze on a cutscene during one of the first few levels. It's to be expected though...almost every Lego game has frozen at least once for me.

bLaKgRaVy
07-08-2012, 08:47 PM

You're welcome. ;)

Worked like a charm. Thanks Jack! :drunk

captqweqwe
07-10-2012, 04:44 AM
ONLY press xbox button when batman and robin start to get in the car. wait few seconds( 20 seg) press again and wala! the movie cont.

oocub
07-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Turning off notifications in the guide prior to the cutscene will also work.

Zulghinlour
07-16-2012, 12:24 AM

You're welcome. ;)

Thank you, this worked like a champ!

bbk70
07-16-2012, 09:24 AM
Wow, thanks a lot for that! Lets hope they apply this to the next Lego games too!

ginge88isfun
07-16-2012, 11:48 PM

You're welcome. ;)

Worked like a charm, thanks for sharing this. :D

Tomcat31
07-17-2012, 08:32 AM
I must be one of the lucky ones as I haven't encountered any freezing as yet and I've nearly finished (just mopping up in free play). To be honest I've play almost every Lego game and I only ever experience freezing once in Harry Potter during a free roam in the hub.

TrishTheDish
07-18-2012, 06:11 AM

You're welcome. ;)
That is AMAZING TT gave you that. I can't imagine any other company in existance that would be that helpful!

Jack Frost
07-19-2012, 03:39 PM
That is AMAZING TT gave you that. I can't imagine any other company in existance that would be that helpful!

Well, the rep gave me other solutions to try as well, switching things on/off, etc., and, when those didn't work, he gave me the code.

I was very happy because I got stuck for 2 days because of the cutscene freezing.

Cheers to everyone who thanked me for the code and glad to help out. ;)

littlelegs5891
07-25-2012, 05:35 PM
This happened to me 5 times where robin saves batman, all i did was play a level in free roam to make a new save then went back to level 12 from start, didnt save at all, played through level and it worked :-)

KILLSHOT666
07-27-2012, 12:28 AM
NOCUTS worked! thanks

EvolvedVirus
07-27-2012, 09:11 AM

You're welcome. ;)

Yes! Thank you so much for this code.

Mr J1m
07-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Yes! Thank you so much for this code.

I second that. Much appreciated. Might actually be able to finish this game now!! :woop:

xxJUSTINxx
07-28-2012, 08:07 PM
Before I read your reply, I free roamed in the amusement park and then I went to Level 12 to restart the level. Yesterday, I saved during Level 12 but today the game made me redo the entire level (not from the save point). Right now, I'm looking at another frozen screen. One would think that Tt Games would have gotten all of the kinks out by now. Every LEGO game freezes!!! Arrrgh!!!
I've never had a lego game freeze on me. Are you sure your XB360 isn't crapping out?

Bachlott
08-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the code. After 12 times playing the level different way with different things switched on and off. That worked. :)

Scubbasteve223
08-11-2012, 09:19 PM

You're welcome. ;)

You're a lifesaver!

Imputed the code as soon as I had restarted the game from it freezing on me, ran over to the mission start, played from the checkpoint, spammed "Y" after Superman pulled the lever...and it took me to the mission finish screen =D!

CuddlyREDRUM
08-18-2012, 06:09 AM
They give you a code instead of patching the game? Christ.

I actually sold this a couple weeks ago, after the unsolved problems TT is dealing with by having you enter codes is ridiculous for anything near a full-priced game.

Straight rental from now on.