PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 7

Crypt
06-21-2012, 02:58 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/21/leak-reveals-final-fantasy-7-coming-back-to-pc-with-achievemen/

Oh Yes...oh yes!

Nozza XBA
06-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Fingers crossed but VIII is still better. ;)

Foci Poke
06-21-2012, 03:06 PM
VI is where it's at. Still the best.

Crypt
06-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Final Fantasy 1-10 were great! Boy...Final Fantasy really went down hill recently. But if this one "does well" I'm sure the others will come out!

sleepydumbdude
06-21-2012, 03:41 PM
I'd pay for a new version. I have the original PC release. I hope they fix the motorbike part going faster depending on how fast your computer is. I think my psp version does the same thing.

I don't see it saying GFWL live achievements. It could be steam or some other achievement system.

mrj3d
06-21-2012, 03:44 PM
I refuse to get into a "which FF is better" argument. But I'd happily buy a FFVII re-issue! :)

Nozza XBA
06-21-2012, 03:46 PM
I refuse to get into a "which FF is better" argument. But I'd happily buy a FFVII re-issue! :)

You know you want to... Are you a IX kind of guy?!

Crypt
06-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Haha, but FF1-10 are all good in their own way! Yes, I did not see Games for Windows Live on it which is a bit down, I would love to have those Achs on my list but if it isn't GOWL, it will be Steam

mrj3d
06-21-2012, 03:58 PM

I will not admit my favorite!! I won't break!!!! :AR15

Gackt
06-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Eh, don't care about steam achievements. I would be more excited if it wasn't 7, but maybe 6 instead :D

Crypt
06-21-2012, 05:31 PM
More info has came out, that it WILL be for Steam and not Xbox 360. While that is disappointing, I must say, its still a redux

DJConnelly
06-21-2012, 05:49 PM
XII was clearly the best >.> Especially. Vann.

Fire Hawk D
06-21-2012, 06:03 PM
VI is where it's at. Still the best.

Here here!

...Though, that may be because it's the only Final Fantasy I sat down and played for an extended amount of time. In FF7, I didn't even make it past the first disc.

At least until I sat down and 100%'d Final Fantasy XIII. =D

tehapoc
06-21-2012, 06:09 PM
I like how they're bringing back the worst Final Fantasy in the set.

Crypt
06-21-2012, 06:12 PM
I like how they're bringing back the worst Final Fantasy in the set.
Drag, you must have played the Wyoming version, *sigh* I guess that's what happens when you live in WY. Sorry bro

tehapoc
06-21-2012, 06:16 PM
Drag, you must have played the Wyoming version, *sigh* I guess that's what happens when you live in WY. Sorry bro

I've only lived here for about 10 months. Good try, though.

Either way, I'd probably go back to X-2 before going back to VII.

Crypt
06-21-2012, 06:21 PM
I've only lived here for about 10 months. Good try, though.

Either way, I'd probably go back to X-2 before going back to VII.

I'm posting this on reddit

tehapoc
06-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Go for it. I'm not the only one here who thinks FFVII was trash.

HellspawnRei
06-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Eh, don't care about steam achievements. I would be more excited if it wasn't 7, but maybe 6 instead :D

So true.I also think 6 was better than 7.

Gackt
06-21-2012, 07:00 PM

7 is indeed trash. Worst one in the entire series. The only ones who think 7 is "OMFG BEST GAME EVAAR!!1" are the ones who started playing FF at 7.
Nothing in that series will ever be as great as 6.

tehapoc
06-21-2012, 07:19 PM
And I'm sure that you're going to give me shit about X-2. Granted, it had the shittiest plot, but, to me, it had the best battle system of all the other Final Fantasy games. You can overlook a shitty story so long as the game is entertaining and fun to play.

The Rabbit Suit
06-21-2012, 07:20 PM
http://semna30.webs.com/FFVIIPCcom.png

Here's a bit of info on it

LuNiZo
06-21-2012, 07:36 PM
What a great new!!! Thank you!! Can`t wait to play this masterpiece.

Foci Poke
06-21-2012, 07:36 PM

Yeah, dude, you are.

tehapoc
06-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Yeah, dude, you are.

I assume that's directed towards me. Way to be late on the conversation.

Look up the many other Final Fantasy VII based topics. People loathe the shit out of it.

Gackt
06-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Yeah, dude, you are.

Hey god damn it, I wanna be included. I hate your precious overrated piece of trash FF7.

TheRedComet
06-21-2012, 09:21 PM

I am.

I'm posting this on reddit

Look out guys, we got a badass in here.

Hey god damn it, I wanna be included. I hate your precious overrated piece of trash FF7.

I'm with ya on that.

The Rabbit Suit
06-21-2012, 09:38 PM
I'd probably dislike FFVII if it weren't for the fact it didn't suffer from lockdown on the final disc like FFVIII and FFIX. You were punished for being near the end of the game in those. In FFVII? You have access to everything. If you didn't do anything before, you still have the ability to go back and do it all along side new nifty endgame stuff.

FFVI is still the best
FFX-2 was a lot better than FFVIII

Crypt
06-21-2012, 09:41 PM
Well Square has re-made so many already, being the ones on DS and X coming later this year, I expect to see 6,7,8,9 going HD. The other ones I could care less and FF1 is on WP7, so maybe later to Market Place or Surface

DJConnelly
06-21-2012, 09:44 PM
And I'm sure that you're going to give me shit about X-2. Granted, it had the shittiest plot, but, to me, it had the best battle system of all the other Final Fantasy games. You can overlook a shitty story so long as the game is entertaining and fun to play.

One of my mates has completed X-2 something like 5 times. I think he's insane personally. The story is pretty important to me. Plus about 3 weeks after I got it I bought an Xbox and decided Halo was the best game ever :P (yeah I started playing it pretty late) That opinion has now changed. Though I did complete it eventually. Sort of just tuned out of the plot. Personally I liked 8. Because that story made complete sense.

tehapoc
06-21-2012, 09:53 PM
IV, VI, IX, and Tactics are probably ones that I would revisit if they were re-released for consoles.

bigbear2face
06-21-2012, 11:12 PM
IV, VI, IX, and Tactics are probably ones that I would revisit if they were re-released for consoles.

Ohhh...me likey your taste. Those are probably my favorite 4 FF titles. IV is probably still my all-time favorite...I think because I'm a huge Star Wars fanboy and the whole Cecil/Golbez dynamic reminded me of Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader. Also Kain was a badass.

However, unlike you I am not a FF VII hater so I'll probably check out any HD/current gen remakes. Probably my 5th favorite in the series. I hated VIII (can't really explain why, I just do). I liked X (played it while on medication right after having major surgery so that may be why) but I feel like it was the beginning of the downwards slide of the entire series. Never played the MMOs.

KFZ Scrubs
06-21-2012, 11:25 PM
Ehhhh, I'd rather have 10

Crypt
06-21-2012, 11:41 PM
Ehhhh, I'd rather have 10
They are making an HD of X

Akuza
06-22-2012, 12:37 AM
I would nerdgasm if this came true..

Crypt
06-22-2012, 03:12 AM
I would nerdgasm if this came true..
Most gaming sites are talking about, even if "this" one is not true, it should be a way to end this current gen. I personally love FF7, not the best of the FF's but highly enjoyable, all the final fantasy's were pretty awesome up until X-2, then it went down down hill.

hydrosugar
06-22-2012, 05:32 AM
I haven't played it before, but I would pick it up if it came to XBLA. I don't play games on PC, and don't care about FF enough to start now. I see some hate here for people who started the series on VII, so what about me who's only played XIII? :D

darkXhawk
06-22-2012, 05:46 AM
It would be very cool to see an updated version of VII (my favorite). Would I upgrade my PC to play it? No.

I think I've been hanging on to my PS3 all this time just in case they release a new version. The only time my PS3 is on is when I'm watching a Blu-Ray.

TheRedComet
06-22-2012, 12:25 PM
I haven't played it before, but I would pick it up if it came to XBLA. I don't play games on PC, and don't care about FF enough to start now. I see some hate here for people who started the series on VII, so what about me who's only played XIII? :D

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e343/RedCometXIII/Oh_Nooooo.jpg

I can't really talk though. The first FF I played was VIII while the first one I enjoyed enough to sit down and beat was X before eventually enjoying IX enough to consider it one of my all time favorite RPGs.

tehapoc
06-22-2012, 01:52 PM
I can't really talk though. The first FF I played was VIII while the first one I enjoyed enough to sit down and beat was X before eventually enjoying IX enough to consider it one of my all time favorite RPGs.

IX is probably my favorite in the series. I think it has a simplicity and a charm that the others don't have. It's almost like a fairy tale. The way they deliver the plot is brilliant and unique, too. That, and I like how modest and sincere the characters (esp Steiner).

Gackt
06-22-2012, 01:57 PM
IX is probably my favorite in the series. I think it has a simplicity and a charm that the others don't have. It's almost like a fairy tale. The way they deliver the plot is brilliant and unique, too. That, and I like how modest and sincere the characters (esp Steiner).

Vivi > All.

I really enjoyed 9, probably my second favorite.

bigbear2face
06-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Vivi > All.

I really enjoyed 9, probably my second favorite.

Black Mage FTW

Gackt
06-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Plus, Kuja was one of the best bad guys in the series next to Kefka...really can't compare to him lol.

Final Fantasy IX - Kuja Leaving Burmecia - YouTube

RuYi
06-22-2012, 04:40 PM
I played the first 8 Final Fantasy games, X and XIII.
VIII is my favourite, but honestly I can't remember the old NES and SNES games that well as I've played them years ago.
VII was all right, but I never understood the hype about it.

I might however, look into it if it's really getting made. The only FF games I still have in my collection are VIII, X and XIII, and the latter is only in my possession because you can't get a decent price for it at the store.
Wouldn't mind playing VII again, but I'll always like VIII more.

tehapoc
06-22-2012, 04:53 PM
I kind of want to play FFIX now.

bigbear2face
06-22-2012, 04:54 PM
VII was all right, but I never understood the hype about it.

I think we all forget how revolutionary that game was in terms of graphics and engine at the time. We can complain all we want about derivative storylines etc. but that was a complete masterpiece in terms of the art/programming.

Crypt
06-23-2012, 05:32 AM
Final Fantasy IX OST - You're Not Alone - YouTube

Onelastbreath
06-23-2012, 11:04 AM
I keep hearing people say that FF6 was really good so I guess I should play it. I liked number 7, did not like 8, 9 was my favourite and 10 was a great game. The less said about 13/13-2 the better lol

I'd like to see them all released again tbh though I could live without 10-2, truly a poor addition to the series.

TheRedComet
06-23-2012, 10:44 PM

I've been thinking about this as well, however I still have to get a couple character to level 99 on my original save.

tehapoc
06-23-2012, 11:35 PM
My PS1 and games are 2000 miles away, though.

Bulletman
06-23-2012, 11:50 PM

Man, that's harsh. I recently finished IX (again) and wanted to cry man tears because nothing in recent years is as good.

I still prefer VII though.:D

TheRedComet
06-24-2012, 01:35 AM

That sucks bro. At least you still have PS1 games other than FFVII-IX and SoTN. Lost all the others.

tehapoc
06-24-2012, 01:46 AM
I have a pretty mean collection of JRPGs. Other than a handful of action-adventure games, it was the only decent thing to play on that and older systems.

Crypt
06-24-2012, 01:56 AM
If you do happen to own a PS3/Vita/PSP, you could download off of PSN. I was thinking about downloading myself just recently.

Jakez123
06-24-2012, 11:26 AM
I still prefer FF4, can't get any better than that.

bfmv lfc
06-24-2012, 01:25 PM
FFVII is the one of the best games I have ever played. I really wish they would bring this out for the 360.

tehapoc
06-24-2012, 07:59 PM
If you do happen to own a PS3/Vita/PSP, you could download off of PSN. I was thinking about downloading myself just recently.

Yeah, but I don't really want to go out and buy a Vita or PS3 just to play those games. If I'm desperate enough, I can just play an emulator or something.

AvengingCactus7
06-25-2012, 12:12 AM
I love Fallout 3 & FFVII threads.

HylianNarwhal
06-25-2012, 12:43 AM
Only re-released for PC? :(

Though to be honest, I never got to completing it on Playstation. But obviously I'd be more motivated if I got achievements along the way. ^^#

FFFreak1129
06-25-2012, 04:39 AM
Aww man. Was hoping this would have been for consoles. Maybe one day.

Schism
06-25-2012, 04:46 AM

Yeah...I never understood what was so great about 7. Most of the game has almost nothing to do with Sephiroth or Jenova. Its just the party going to random places just trying to figure stuff out when all of a sudden things just pop up. The last disc was pretty intense and fun, but I could not stand playing through the rest of the game.

The only thing I really loved about FF7 was the side story "Dirge of Cerberus" with Vincent. That game was awesome, and the whole story with Vincent and Lucrecia was..sad.

Final Fantasy 6+9 are my favorites. I would rather them, and this will sound extreme, just make a collection with Final Fantasy 1-10 collection. THAT..would be worth a buy.

Kuja in FF9 was a beast. His battle theme was also catchy as fuck, even if his costume was..dirty (;

Final Fantasy IX - The Dark Messenger (Trance Kuja Theme) - YouTube

Gackt
06-25-2012, 01:37 PM
The only thing I really loved about FF7 was the side story "Dirge of Cerberus" with Vincent. That game was awesome, and the whole story with Vincent and Lucrecia was..sad.

I like Dirge of Cerberus because the character Genesis Rhapsodos is modeled after and voiced by Gackt :D

TheRedComet
06-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Square once again shoots down fan's hope of a remake.

http://www.destructoid.com/final-fantasy-vii-will-be-remade-when-ffvii-is-bested-230144.phtml

So basically every FF since VII is shit? More like after X.

bigbear2face
06-26-2012, 05:19 PM
I like Dirge of Cerberus because the character Genesis Rhapsodos is modeled after and voiced by Gackt :D

I don't know why but I never actually finished Dirge of Cerberus...It was a fun game but not really my cup of tea.

tehapoc
06-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Square Enix is pretty dumb. I would assume that most Final Fantasy fans just want a collection release. Maybe in another five years for their 30th anniversary.

bigbear2face
06-26-2012, 05:59 PM
Square Enix is pretty dumb. I would assume that most Final Fantasy fans just want a collection release. Maybe in another five years for their 30th anniversary.

Maybe they are waiting for the next gen, when they may be able to to a "complete anthology" HD remake release. IV-X (or maybe XII) all in one release...

Schism
06-26-2012, 09:42 PM

And there was Crisis Core...which don't get me wrong it was a great game..but the gameplay wasn't my thing. That epic fight scene had me sold though. Crisis Core: Angeal and Genesis Vs Sephiroth -English - YouTube

tehapoc
06-27-2012, 12:58 AM
Maybe they are waiting for the next gen, when they may be able to to a "complete anthology" HD remake release. IV-X (or maybe XII) all in one release...

Well, I think I might be done with new Final Fantasy games. The only way they can get me to purchase their next game is with said anthology.

Crypt
06-27-2012, 04:12 PM
I do not see SquareEnix making another good Final Fantasy ever. NOT doing what they are doing now.

sm182
07-04-2012, 02:16 PM
http://eu.square-enix.com/en/games/final-fantasy-vii

Looks like it's finally showing up:

PC Only Features Include:

Achievements 36 brand new achievements, only available as digital download on PC!
Cloud Saves Continue and save your progress wherever you are. (Requires internet connection)
Character Booster Stuck? Boost your stats for that extra advantage.
Optimized for PC Play FINAL FANTASY VII on the latest hardware.

Crypt
07-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Well, it will be for Steam, so yeah. I would still pick it up. PC or Xbox 360. 360 comes first, but PC, that is fine

ZeroBlackDragon
07-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Price point looks good for it as well. Just hoping that they didn't make it too easy. I prefer the 360, but this might actually convince me to buy something on Steam for once.

Gackt
07-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Well, it will be for Steam, so yeah. I would still pick it up. PC or Xbox 360. 360 comes first, but PC, that is fine

I just read that steam won't be carrying it at all.

TheRedComet
07-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Character Booster Stuck? Boost your stats for that extra advantage.

WTF? People are so accustomed to instant gratification now that you don't even have to level up anymore? Jesus Christ...

DengelBerry
07-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Totally agree VIII was a lot better. But on another note do you think this are Live Achievements or Square-Enix going to do there own twist?

Gackt
07-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Totally agree VIII was a lot better. But on another note do you think this are Live Achievements or Square-Enix going to do there own twist?

People don't read...
They are achievements exclusive to the PC game, nothing to do with live achievements or steam achievements.

DengelBerry
07-05-2012, 09:51 PM
People don't read...
They are achievements exclusive to the PC game, nothing to do with live achievements or steam achievements.

sorry all i read was the joystiq post, just said achivements.

Gackt
07-05-2012, 10:06 PM
sorry all i read was the joystiq post, just said achivements.

It's no problem, I am just cranky because I am over tired :D

DengelBerry
07-05-2012, 10:09 PM
It's no problem, I am just cranky because I am over tired :D
lol it happens to the best of us

Jakez123
07-05-2012, 10:28 PM
WTF? People are so accustomed to instant gratification now that you don't even have to level up anymore? Jesus Christ...

Tell me about it, I believe Tales of Vesperia even has something like this. I mean, why would you need levels? The game is easy anyway.

TheRedComet
07-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Tell me about it, I believe Tales of Vesperia even has something like this. I mean, why would you need levels? The game is easy anyway.

I know what you're talking about, there were a few DLC pack that had better equipment and items in them that cost real money of course. A few Namco-Bandai published RPGs had them. I think even Eternal Sonata did.

bigbear2face
07-05-2012, 11:07 PM

Not just that but...Are they jacking up the the difficulty by 10 to the 20th or something...FF VII was not a hard game by even the lowest of standards...

TheRedComet
07-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Not just that but...Are they jacking up the the difficulty by 10 to the 20th or something...FF VII was not a hard game by even the lowest of standards...

Yeah, I was thinking that as well. Pretty ridiculous.

VitaminAmy
07-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Fingers crossed but VIII is still better. ;)

I approve of this statement!

VIII is my favorite with X being a very close second.

Matt36
07-06-2012, 10:22 AM
I'm going to be as bold and say, I hope FFX gets an XBOX HD release. Don't care for any others prior to that. Never enjoyed them, no matter how hard I tried. X was an exception. Though the likely hood of a FFX HD release on xbox 360 is slim to none... :(

Bugzy
07-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Final Fantasy 7 was the first in it's genre to hit the first major console generation of the generation of young adults today. It is no suprise that it always seems the most popular - a first introduction to a franchise you have enjoyed for many years plus the ability of hindsight to remove all the bad aspects and keep only the good ensures it's popularity.

This is exciting news though. It suggests that market research has shown profit to be made in re-releasing the game. If this translates to the Xbox and (I guess) if the negotiations between parties work out, it could come to the Xbox too one day (soon).

Crypt
07-06-2012, 06:03 PM
People don't read...
Yeah =/
Square-Enix's own online store. Hmm