PDA

View Full Version : What's a decent completion percentage?

ScottieElisabeth
06-21-2012, 05:13 PM
*Forgive me if this is posted elsewhere. I did a search and came up fruitless.

I was just curious, what is considered a 'decent' completion percentage? I know mine is pretty crappy (only a 37% points percentage, 41% achievement percentage in my library, though a few of those I haven't even started yet), but I was wondering what a decent or average percentage is.

Don't be crazy. I want a realistic goal, not 100%.

Edit: Also, which is more important? Points percentage, or achievement percentage?

Sarsage
06-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Decent 60-75%
Very Good 75-100%

Gackt
06-21-2012, 05:17 PM
60% I think is a good completion %. Depends on how you look at it though, I am no hard core completionist.

ScottieElisabeth
06-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Also, which is more important? Points percentage, or achievement percentage?

Foci Poke
06-21-2012, 05:18 PM
A lot of it depends on your access or involvement in the multiplayer aspects of the game. Most games you can get between 400-500 gs without touching the multiplayer components, which is a decent percentage.

Gackt
06-21-2012, 05:23 PM

Really think that depends on the person. I mean both are meaningless realistically. I think it's pretty great for those who have the high percentages, but I can't force myself to spend that much time on a games just to get 100% unless I really reallllllllllly love the game.
So I guess I like lots of points over high completion percentage.

mrj3d
06-21-2012, 05:23 PM
My completion percentage is pretty crappy, but I have games that are like 10GS b/c I hated the game or something. Don't much care, I prefer to look at how many achievements I can get out of the games I enjoy.

But I would agree that 60% is a pretty nice number for most people.

Sarsage
06-21-2012, 05:25 PM

Well a high points percentage is more respectable than a high achievement percentage. Simply because harder achievements are usually worth more gamerscore.

ChickinOnaChain
06-21-2012, 05:26 PM
For me, 50% is everyone elses 100%, since I don't play MP or anything above easy mode.

Skorpion XBA
06-21-2012, 05:29 PM
My completion percentage is pretty crappy, but I have games that are like 10GS b/c I hated the game or something. Don't much care, I prefer to look at how many achievements I can get out of the games I enjoy.

This is pretty much me. Anything above 500GS is good for me. I try to get as many as I can. I have to really enjoy the game to put a lot of time into it.

Ham Woopan
06-21-2012, 05:31 PM
85% is good and the number of achievements is better than the percentage of points. It really depends on the person. Someone with a high completion score is obviously going to say a higher percentage is better. (Like me.)

Nevander
06-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Per game I try to really aim at 800+ and 1000 if possible for me. As for total completion, I aim for 80% plus or minus.

Here are my current stats to give you an idea:

Gamerscore - 129115 out of 140855 (91.665%)
Achievements - 5709 out of 6171 (92.513%)
Completed Games - 103

Let me know if I failed with my maths above. :p

Z3R0 S1X
06-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Well a high points percentage is more respectable than a high achievement percentage. Simply because harder achievements are usually worth more gamerscore.
Not necessarily because someone may have a completion percentage above 90% but will have only played easy games to boost their gamerscore. On the other hand, some people have a high completion percentage and a high gamerscore with loads of difficult games to complete due to boosting the online achievements and/or being highly skilled at the non-online achievements.

CoregBlue1
06-21-2012, 05:58 PM
depends on the games you are playing imo.

if you have avatar, king kong and those games with 10 achievements in your list and i would be looking at your gamercard on XBL, i would laugh and think nothing would be better.

if you have for example Star Ocean TLH at 1000G, that would be as good as having like 100 games on 100%. (one of the hardest 1k on earth, just an example guys)

i am at 75% or something because i started playing games to 100% pretty late but again it depends on what games you play at 100% imo.

of course if you are doing it only for yourself to see a high percentage it doesn´t matter what games you play. just my opinion.

to answer your question directly and short i would say 65-80% is decent and achievement percentage would be more important in my opinion.

atomic viking54
06-21-2012, 05:58 PM
i just try to have over 50%

Spock
06-21-2012, 07:27 PM
I don't think it really matters at all. Mine is 49% because if I am not enjoying myself, I'll just stop. I laugh at people who sit and grind achievements or boost. I'm just not one to bore myself to look more impressive on the internet.

ShazamFTW
06-21-2012, 07:28 PM
You are all making me feel better about my 85%. :-)

The lovely thing about achievements is, since they have no actual value, you can value them at whatever you want to. If you're into points, then point up. If you're into completion percentage, there's that too.

I kinda run both... I have deliberately stayed away from some games due the achievements, like Batman Arkham. Which is a complete manifestation of the psychosis that is achievement-based gaming...

RadiantViper
06-21-2012, 07:43 PM
I consider 70% to be "good". Achievement percentage is more accurate than points percentage, since the value for achievements varies so wildly. Achievement percentage is simple and precise.

Spock
06-21-2012, 07:50 PM
I have deliberately stayed away from some games due the achievements, like Batman Arkham. Which is a complete manifestation of the psychosis that is achievement-based gaming...

I find this extremely depressing. Pathetic, even...

Tsaako
06-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Comes down to personal opinion on what they call "decent".

I've forever been lingering around the 45% mark on both achievements and Gamescore points. I've always wanted 90%+ but if I'm quite honest I'd be happy with around 60-65%. Anything above 50% is satisfactory in my opinion aswell. At least once you reach it you can brag (even to yourself) that you've theoretically maxed out more than half of your entire gaming collection.

HugTheBear
06-21-2012, 08:04 PM
I aim for 50% or higher. If I like the game enough I'll go for 70-100% depending on the difficulty of the achievements.

rikib004
06-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Right now I'm aiming for 50% as I'm at 43% but overall I realistically want 80% plus

EliteShadowMan
06-21-2012, 08:32 PM
I find this extremely depressing. Pathetic, even...

Agreed. Both batman games are good. When you skip a game because it's hard achievements, then you have an issue.

Opiate42
06-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Too many numbers. My head hurts. :p

I just want to beat the fucking campaign. Whatever % that ends up being in the end is fine by me.

Barad
06-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Anything over 60 is good enough to me, but I'm currently working towards 80%.

ScottieElisabeth
06-21-2012, 09:59 PM
Thanks, all! I said forever that I'd die before I'd play Avatar, yet once I got Blockbuster by Mail, my achievement whore side said enough was enough. Received and returned it yesterday. >.>

Anyhow, I do have some easy games, but I also have some hard/long games (Fallout 3 should show my dedication, and maybe even cancel out Avatar?), and I need to buckle down and play some of my 100+ games rather than getting more because I'm bored with looking at them.

Anyhow (again), back on topic, time to buckle down and get that percentage up. :)

bigbear2face
06-21-2012, 11:00 PM
I wouldn't consider myself overly obsessive about completion % and my current total score percentage is about 61% (about 51000 out of a possible 84000). I also don't play many easy 1000 games that I don't enjoy (no Hannah Montana, Avatar, TMNT etc...on my list).

I don't know what my total achievement percentage is...For some reason I just don't care about it. Can't really give a logical argument why.

Basically my philosophy is the following: Get most if not all SP achievements as long as they don't involve an excessive amount of busy work (aka all of the stupid collect achievements in Fable 3 and other games). If a game has win on x,y,z difficulty achievements I usually don't bother doing anything more then the highest possible difficulty I can do on my first play-through. If you have to unlock a difficulty odds are I won't play it unless I really love the game. I usually don't give a damn about MP achievements unless I really love the game or unless it has a great MP or quick/easy MP achievements.

AmbaLaBamba
06-21-2012, 11:22 PM
I have deliberately stayed away from some games due the achievements, like Batman Arkham. Which is a complete manifestation of the psychosis that is achievement-based gaming...

And this is why achievements have ruined some peoples 'fun', that is one of the best games that has come out, it's fantastic. You wont play it because of some of the achievements? Wow.

They're easy to a degree, just take a while to get all the collectibles etc...

HabsCen10ial
06-21-2012, 11:56 PM
I would say 75% and above.

I found it fairly easy to get to around 80% when I was actually trying. Getting from 80% - 90% took some work and patience.

Tsaako
06-22-2012, 02:53 AM
Abe's Odyssey!

Gosh I miss them old school days playing them.

Spanish Assault
06-22-2012, 04:01 AM
who cares what other people think.

Play, enjoy and have fun....if you like a game, enjoy the time you invest in trying to get all achievements....if you dont move on.

Completion percentage means shit, unless you play hard games like Ninja Gaiden 2.

You could have a 100% completion on easy games.....big whoop.

... I have deliberately stayed away from some games due the achievements, like Batman Arkham. Which is a complete manifestation of the psychosis that is achievement-based gaming...

You are missing out on one of the greatest games on the xbox cause you aren't sure if you could get all the achievements?

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/samuel_L_Jackson.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=2851)

iheardUrip1
06-22-2012, 07:27 AM
who cares what other people think.

Play, enjoy and have fun....if you like a game, enjoy the time you invest in trying to get all achievements....if you dont move on.

Completion percentage means shit, unless you play hard games like Ninja Gaiden 2.

You could have a 100% completion on easy games.....big whoop.

Well spoken Sir. Couldn't agree more.

Death Metal Jim
06-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Anything above 70% is decent. Above 80% is good. and Above 90% is great.
Of course this is all personal preference. Some people on here like having high gamerscore and don't give a damn about completion percentage. Others complete each game, and let the GS build up naturally. I choose to do the latter, but there's really no wrong way to game, honestly, unless we're talking about scumbag modders or something.

I don't think it really matters at all. Mine is 49% because if I am not enjoying myself, I'll just stop. I laugh at people who sit and grind achievements or boost. I'm just not one to bore myself to look more impressive on the internet.

And I laugh at your shitty 49% completion.

hydrosugar
06-22-2012, 09:09 AM

This is unimportant. Vary rarely will there be a significant difference. And even if by some miracle there is, it still doesn't really matter.

I'd say 80%+ is good, though it always depends on what games you have. I have around 60% completion myself, but I don't care for completion for a number of reasons. MP I'll never get and DLC I'll never get mainly. I'm happy with 60% despite those reasons and my many games with <200gs. The only reason it's not far lower is because in most games I play I make an extra effort to get what I can, even if I have no desire to 100% the game.

Spanish Assault
06-22-2012, 03:01 PM
And I laugh at your shitty 49% completion.

And I laugh at you laughing at someone's completion percentage!

Seriously, why would you laugh? Completion percentage alone means squat, besides he's having fun (imagine that, playing a video game just for fun...crazy right?)

Death Metal Jim
06-22-2012, 03:46 PM
And I laugh at you laughing at someone's completion percentage!

Seriously, why would you laugh? Completion percentage alone means squat, besides he's having fun (imagine that, playing a video game just for fun...crazy right?)

I boost and complete games and he finds it amusing. So I find it amusing that his completion percentage is goddamn awful.

Also, I use TA where completion DOES mean something, as well as ratio for which games you complete. And you do know that you can be a completionist AND have fun, right? Just because I like it, I'm not expecting everybody else to think the same way.

I honestly don't care if you like high gamerscore or completion. If you had read what I wrote before my last sentence, you'd see that. What I wrote underneath was more of a verbal jab back at someone trying to talk shit about completionists and boosters. That's all :).

Spanish Assault
06-22-2012, 03:56 PM
I boost and complete games and he finds it amusing. So I find it amusing that his completion percentage is goddamn awful.

Also, I use TA where completion DOES mean something, as well as ratio for which games you complete. And you do know that you can be a completionist AND have fun, right? Just because I like it, I'm not expecting everybody else to think the same way.

I honestly don't care if you like high gamerscore or completion. If you had read what I wrote before my last sentence, you'd see that. What I wrote underneath was more of a verbal jab back at someone trying to talk shit about completionists and boosters. That's all :).
oh well if thats the case then yeah I laugh at him too...

Didn't know he was trying to make fun. Oh and I tried to be a completionist...and I have to say it was NOT fun for me. Playing Space Chimps, trying to do the challenges was extremely frustrating.

Samigi
06-22-2012, 04:05 PM
I have over 50,000G missing Cus I never complete
the game achievement wise, I find most games I've played to have really hard cheevo lists. So to me 30-40% is pretty decent.

Death Metal Jim
06-22-2012, 04:15 PM
oh well if thats the case then yeah I laugh at him too...

Didn't know he was trying to make fun. Oh and I tried to be a completionist...and I have to say it was NOT fun for me. Playing Space Chimps, trying to do the challenges was extremely frustrating.

It's definitely not for everyone. Having to organize boosting sessions on dead online games like Legendary and Dark Sector was definitely a chore. But in the end I still enjoyed it because for some reason I always get a kick out of boosting with people I've never met before. Hearing their stories on whatever subject, and then having everyone unlock the achievements they set out for. It always turns out fun, even though it's initially a pain in the ass and a grind.

I find when I complete each game that the ratio of good game to shit game is usually, 50%. But it would almost always be that way, whether I tried completing it or not. There's been a few exceptions, like The Darkness (which I started out hating, but eventually enjoyed through completing it) and Assassins Creed: Brotherhood (which I started to grow tired of because of the 100% sync crap). I pretty much like the challenge each game brings, whether it be ridiculous multiplayer achievements (Saints Row 1, GTA IV, Aliens Vs Predator) or aggravating single player (Perfect Dark Zero, Conan, Brutal Legend). But like I said, it's definitely not for everyone.

Future completionists, beware of the crap games mentioned above LOL :p.

AmbaLaBamba
06-22-2012, 05:26 PM
I have 51% completion as of today and to be honest, I don't really care anymore. If I like a game and wish to complete it then I will as I will find it fun. If the game is bad then I will just stop playing it when it gets to a certain point, usually the first 10 minutes.

Some of the games I've played will not be 'completed' as A) they have MP achievements that I'm not arsed about or B) require several million playthroughs. Boring.

700+ gamerscore on each games seems to be the trend though.

Spanish Assault
06-22-2012, 05:35 PM
It's definitely not for everyone. Having to organize boosting sessions on dead online games like Legendary and Dark Sector was definitely a chore. But in the end I still enjoyed it because for some reason I always get a kick out of boosting with people I've never met before. Hearing their stories on whatever subject, and then having everyone unlock the achievements they set out for. It always turns out fun, even though it's initially a pain in the ass and a grind.

I find when I complete each game that the ratio of good game to shit game is usually, 50%. But it would almost always be that way, whether I tried completing it or not. There's been a few exceptions, like The Darkness (which I started out hating, but eventually enjoyed through completing it) and Assassins Creed: Brotherhood (which I started to grow tired of because of the 100% sync crap). I pretty much like the challenge each game brings, whether it be ridiculous multiplayer achievements (Saints Row 1, GTA IV, Aliens Vs Predator) or aggravating single player (Perfect Dark Zero, Conan, Brutal Legend). But like I said, it's definitely not for everyone.

Future completionists, beware of the crap games mentioned above LOL :p.
I guess boossting is not my issue...I dont mind doing it with other people.

My issue is some of the more difficult ones....on games I hate playing in the first place. SO now I play what I want and complete how much I want too.

Blackest Metal
06-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Percentage completion has never really bothered me personally as I dont grind out games that I dont enjoy. I have never seen it as a benchmark of how good a gamer is, rather how dedicated they are (all cheevs in a game doesnt make them a better player than someone with hardly any)

However it does impress me when I see guys with high gamerscores and nearly 100% in each game.

Spock
06-22-2012, 07:41 PM

I'm "trying to talk shit"? I'm just saying I enjoy playing games and I don't think my completion percentage matters. I think it's ridiculous that someone would boost achievements. It's like those achievements weren't even earned because you got it in a way that wasn't intended. So yeah, I think it's funny that people like you waste their time doing something like that and don't get anything out of it. And if you get enjoyment or satisfaction, I personally find that strange.

And about my completion percentage being "shitty", it's because I like to try any game I can get my hands on. I thought Deadliest Warrior sounded good so I bought it. I played it with out earning achievements and didn't delete it from my list. I've got Chronicles of Riddick sitting on there right now. Would it kill you to do that? Also so many games I've bought or rented that I got bored of so I stopped playing.

Completion percentage to me just shows if you have the tolerance to play shitty games enough for achievements. And people that do confuse me.

DarkReign2021
06-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Naturally I want to get as much done as possible, but my personal rule of thumb for individual games is 50% of whichever comes first, points or achievement completion. Overall profile completion I track exclusively by achievement completion, though.

As for a percentage, I would be satisfied at 75-80% completion personally.

Unfortunately right now I'm at somewhere around 47% since I didn't actually take an interest in my completion score until the last year or so. It was a lot worse, but I've been going through systematically and eliminating any games I have with 0 points and trying to improve some of the games I didn't enjoy and only had 1 or 2 achievements in it. I started at about 13% with 80 games on my profile. Now I have 160 games or so and I've doubled my rate, so I'm getting somewhere at least, but not letting it affect my overall love of games.

Qonok
06-22-2012, 08:37 PM
70% or more is a decent completion percentage, to me.

Death Metal Jim
06-23-2012, 12:37 AM
I'm "trying to talk shit"? I'm just saying I enjoy playing games and I don't think my completion percentage matters. I think it's ridiculous that someone would boost achievements. It's like those achievements weren't even earned because you got it in a way that wasn't intended. So yeah, I think it's funny that people like you waste their time doing something like that and don't get anything out of it. And if you get enjoyment or satisfaction, I personally find that strange.

And about my completion percentage being "shitty", it's because I like to try any game I can get my hands on. I thought Deadliest Warrior sounded good so I bought it. I played it with out earning achievements and didn't delete it from my list. I've got Chronicles of Riddick sitting on there right now. Would it kill you to do that? Also so many games I've bought or rented that I got bored of so I stopped playing.

Completion percentage to me just shows if you have the tolerance to play shitty games enough for achievements. And people that do confuse me.

And I think it's ridiculous that you think boosting is 'cheating' and want to condemn people who do so. People boost games because the multiplayer portion is dead on most games older than a year. Why exactly is this such an 'atrocity' in your holier than thou eyes? I mean, you do realize you're on a site promoting achievements, right? Every game with multiplayer achievements has an Achievement Trading Thread on this forum. I'm willing to bet a good 80% or more of users on this site will take advantage of those trading forums at least once during their time here. So I suppose this means that over 80% of people on here didn't 'earn their achievements legitimately' in your eyes? Good luck trying to 'legitimately' unlock the multiplayer achievements in games like Dark Sector, The Darkness, Damnation, Legendary, Dark Messiah, and Timeshift.

Why exactly would I load up a game and then not play it? I play one game at a time, and am always aiming to complete each game. If I can, fine, If I can't, then I come back to it at a later time to hopefully finish it off. I don't rent any games, I buy every single game I play and will ever play. And I look to complete everyone of them, whether they be good or bad. I was doing this long before achievements came along, and I'll be doing it long after. If you choose to play differently, then so be it. But I'm not going to come on here and publicly call you and everyone else out who goes from one game to another like they have A.D.D. or something. You play your way and I play mine. I really don't understand why this boosting debate crap still even lingers on this website after all these years.

D4RTH G4TOR
06-23-2012, 12:54 AM
Anything equal to or above mine is decent. I am at like 65% right now without really trying to hard.

Dz06lt
06-23-2012, 12:57 AM
completion % doesnt mean shit

Spanish Assault
06-23-2012, 01:29 AM
I think it's ridiculous that someone would boost achievements. It's like those achievements weren't even earned because you got it in a way that wasn't intended. So yeah, I think it's funny that people like you waste their time doing something like that and don't get anything out of it. And if you get enjoyment or satisfaction, I personally find that strange.

:rolleyes: oh great, you're one of those people...

completion % doesnt mean shit

so true....in so many ways.

Death Metal Jim
06-23-2012, 01:32 AM
:rolleyes: oh great, you're one of those people...

Told you he was talking shit :p.

Spock
06-23-2012, 02:23 AM
And I think it's ridiculous that you think boosting is 'cheating' and want to condemn people who do so. People boost games because the multiplayer portion is dead on most games older than a year. Why exactly is this such an 'atrocity' in your holier than thou eyes?

Geeze, I never said it was that bad. Also I never said it was cheating and I'm not saying it's an atrocity. I just think it's weird that people want to spend their time doing that.

No, I'm not one of "those people" who hate others for boosting. I don't even think it's "cheating". You can't cheat at achievements, you only cheat yourself.

If you choose to play differently, then so be it. But I'm not going to come on here and publicly call you and everyone else out who goes from one game to another like they have A.D.D. or something. You play your way and I play mine. I really don't understand why this boosting debate crap still even lingers on this website after all these years.

Just calm down... all I'm saying is that I don't think completion % matters (answering the question in the OP) and I've said I think it's strange that people care so much. Goddamn, that's just my opinion why do you have to be so hostile?

Told you he was talking shit :p.

You're the one who was turning this into an argument... =/

dertswa687o
06-23-2012, 02:25 AM
I'm a firm believer of difficulty + completion percentage. Anyone can complete loads of easy games to get a high gamerscore and maintain 100% completion. If you're going to have 100% completion, at least make the games be challenging and unique.

I have 100% completion on occasion, and I think my completions of Star Ocean: TLH, Guitar Hero Smash Hits, and (as of 2 days ago) Triggerheart Exelica justify having a high completion. Yeah, there's a few easy games on my card. Everyone has that. It's when the easy games go overboard that 100% completion just isn't that impressive.

As for the original question: I'd probably say 80%.

Death Metal Jim
06-23-2012, 02:37 AM
You're the one who was turning this into an argument... =/

Uh, how exactly did I turn it into an argument? You clearly stated that you show disdain for people who boost, in fact you've already stated as much twice now. So you obviously were looking to get into a debate about this, since you KNOW the majority of people on here boost. The reason why I'm acting 'hostile' (which I'm not even close to being by the way) is because this debate about boosting has been going on for years on this site. It's clearly been stated numerous times, from Microsoft, this site, and also TA, that boosting is a perfectly acceptable method of obtaining online achievements. If you don't like boosting, fine. But when you come on here and insinuate that you're not earning the achievement legit if you boost, it's going to piss people like me off.

As for this quote 'You can't cheat at achievements, you only cheat yourself.' Tell that to the modding scum who continue to pollute Xbox Live with their 200,000 GS they earned in one day.

Spock
06-23-2012, 02:51 AM
It's clearly been stated numerous times, from Microsoft, this site, and also TA, that boosting is a perfectly acceptable method of obtaining online achievements. If you don't like boosting, fine. But when you come on here and insinuate that you're not earning the achievement legit if you boost, it's going to piss people like me off.

But... I don't care if people boost. I said that already. I don't care if you want your achievement handed to you so long as you give in a few hours. It doesn't affect me. I don't care if you have any amount of gamerscore that wasn't earned by yourself personally. It doesn't change my life. And I wasn't trying to argue, I just made a stupid statement about laughing at people for doing boring things to get achievements and you got all offended and whatnot.

I can see you definitely have some serious affection for achievements, far beyond what I can possibly comprehend. Those "cheating scum" who pressed one button to have a big number beside their online alias. The runts of the world!

Shit, speaking my mind gets me into a lot of arguments around here. I'm starting to wonder where the kind people on the site are who just want to have fun.

Death Metal Jim
06-23-2012, 03:11 AM
But... I don't care if people boost. I said that already. I don't care if you want your achievement handed to you so long as you give in a few hours. It doesn't affect me. I don't care if you have any amount of gamerscore that wasn't earned by yourself personally. It doesn't change my life. And I wasn't trying to argue, I just made a stupid statement about laughing at people for doing boring things to get achievements and you got all offended and whatnot.

I can see you definitely have some serious affection for achievements, far beyond what I can possibly comprehend. Those "cheating scum" who pressed one button to have a big number beside their online alias. The runts of the world!

Shit, speaking my mind gets me into a lot of arguments around here. I'm starting to wonder where the kind people on the site are who just want to have fun.

This is definitely going to be my last reply, because I'm not going to be baited yet again. Nothing is 'handed to you' when boosting. It still takes alot of coordination, time, and patience to get everyone together and motivated to work on whatever achievements that everyone is going for. You also will always have the fear that someone will get their achievement and take off (which will happen to everyone sooner or later if they boost enough), or give up after 15 minutes because it 'takes too long'. So no, nothing is 'handed to you' when boosting. It still took numerous hours to unlock all the multiplayer achievements in Saints Row 1 while boosting for example, especially dealing with modders glitching through walls and floors and coming back to life to one shot kill everyone.

Of course I have an affection for achievements. I'm on an achievement based website talking about achievements. I thought everyone had some form of affection to it on here. I admit I'm more into it than others, and others are more into it then even me. The completion versus non-completion debate doesn't bother me at all. Everyone should play the games the way they want to. The anti-boosting shit does bother me though, I will whole-heartedly admit that.

And yes the modding scum also annoy me immensely. They screw with my ratio on TA that I worked very hard to build up. But that's a whole other debate that I don't want to get into.

Aiden95
06-23-2012, 05:18 AM
i personally try to go for 100% but thats just my preference, i also think that completion percentage does matter but if i look at someones gamercard and they have Avatar and King Kong i wil laugh heartily at them

ScottieElisabeth
06-23-2012, 05:54 AM
Just a note:

I know achievement %, just like gamerscore, doesn't mean shit. I get that. I'm not going to go kill myself or anything because someone doesn't like my percentage.

The point of this post was for me to get a goal going. That's all. Not that people should base things on %, not that they shouldn't. Just giving myself a goal. :)

Thanks to all who have expressed interest so far!

Spanish Assault
06-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Just a note:

I know achievement %, just like gamerscore, doesn't mean shit. I get that. I'm not going to go kill myself or anything because someone doesn't like my percentage.

The point of this post was for me to get a goal going. That's all. Not that people should base things on %, not that they shouldn't. Just giving myself a goal. :)

Thanks to all who have expressed interest so far!
ahh well thats a better topic....

I guess it depends on how difficult the type of game you play. If you are playing easy games then 100% is the only goal you should have....

More difficult games I would say anything over 70% would be a nice goal.

MrFrost
06-23-2012, 02:30 PM
I have a 75% completion with about 52 retail and 6 Arcade completions.

That said, I look at it this way:

1. First and foremost, play what and how you like. If you aren't having fun, then you're not gaming, you're working.

2. Some games have glitched cheeves, closed servers, ect. So, completion isn't always possible. (Does that mean you should miss out on an awesome game just because you can't get a 100% completion?)

3. Everyone's different. For me, I'd rather not spend the next 3 months being owned in Halo3 or GoW MP, honing my skills for hours each day, just to get a "#1 on the ranked Leaderboard" or "Killed 10,000 douchbags with the Boomshot" cheeve.

4. Why spend 3-4 days hating life, grinding one 20gs Cheeve, when you could have completed 2 other games that you may have actually enjoyed playing?

5. You can play 1 arcade game and get the 200 gs and have a 100% completion, if that's the only game you played. So, gamerscore might actually be more relevant than completion %.

6. Until M$ makes Gamerscore virtual currency, Achievements and their completions mean absolutely Grinch Shit.

On a side note, this site is all about explaining the requirements for a game's achievements and getting them as fast and as easily as possible.
If you think boosting is cheap or cheating, then you shouldn't be posting on this site.

Did the developers make "Secret Achievements" just so you could come here and see what they are and how to get them? You're as cheap and as guilty of "cheating" as anyone.

Now, who wants to let me sniper them in the head 1000 times for the next 6 hours so I can get some more PDZ cheevos? Ahahahahaha!!

Kovy88
06-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Just going for the next 1 percent increase has worked best for me. It's not very wise to try and do 10 percent right away. Taking it slow finishing one game at a time works pretty well. It's really a matter of patience how far you can go.

ScottieElisabeth
06-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Just going for the next 1 percent increase has worked best for me. It's not very wise to try and do 10 percent right away. Taking it slow finishing one game at a time works pretty well. It's really a matter of patience how far you can go.

This is probably the mentality I'll try to stick with. Thanks! :)

FreddyBone32
06-23-2012, 11:23 PM
My goal is to get 80%, but my friend comes over every week with a new game...

QuantumSign
06-25-2012, 02:23 AM
It's really quite arbitrary, as suggested by the variety of answers in this thread. Additionally, I don't think one ought to care too much for the completion percentage (though it's understandable to want complete fulfillment). All of that aside, below is my subjective categorization of the impression a percentage gives me.

0-25% Mediocre, suggesting game wasn't played very much*
25-49% Decent (here's your answer), suggesting you at least spent some time playing
50-79% Good, giving the impression you enjoy the game**
80-100% Impressive. Chances are you're good at the game and enjoyed it.**

*If not so, the game has really difficult achievements
**If not enjoy, you just want the achievements/satisfaction of completion

Seraph Xii
06-25-2012, 08:22 AM
I think around 70% is a good area to be at.
Sometimes a lower percentage can't be helped though unless you buy all the DLC (although I'm only assuming it takes the DLC achievements into account if you don't have them, but it takes them into account when showing "completed games" so it probably does)

Fire Hawk D
06-25-2012, 05:27 PM
I'd say around 90%. And, definitely achievement percentage over gamerscore. Gamerscore can be anywhere from 1-350 points or more whereas achievements would each be worth one "point". Gotta get the most bang for your buck. Plus, it wouldn't count 0g achievements.