PDA

View Full Version : Turbo controller?

I mak3 big boom
06-21-2012, 10:37 PM
Im trying to get a turbo controller that would work with all you can Quaff on Castle Crashers. This post was taken directly from my post in the castle crashers section but i've gotten no help there. so here it goes.

Would a hori turbo controller work for this achievement. And is there a way to tell if the controllers work for x and y and not just the triggers? I've been looking through eBay and half of em don't say shit. Here's a link. Would this controller work?

This http://www.ebay.com/itm/Akuma-Street...37642463360607

Or this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hori-EX2-Tur...#ht_6151wt_922

Sorry I've never really used or really looked into a turbocontroller before...

Or finally this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XBOX-360-TUR...ht_2094wt_1126

or if none of these work would you be kind enough to tell me a name of one that would work. Thanks;)

Edit: I'll be back in an hour and a half so i won't be able to answer

Edit 2: I just saw the street fighter one doesnt exist anymore (by that i mean the page, not the actual controller ;) ) but i was eyeing that one because i want a controller built for fighting AKA decent DPAD

Gackt
06-21-2012, 10:55 PM
The Hori one is good but I don't think they make them anymore so they might be a little on the expensive side.

Evo Kazz
06-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Streetfighter Pad is great, and yes u can turbo X & Y.

Another more flexible one is the Datel Wildfire, you can even turbo the sticks L3 and R3, but be warned, the pads shit and will die a quick death.

I mak3 big boom
06-22-2012, 12:40 AM
So the street fighter ones turbo actually goes fast. All you can quaff is all about pressing x and y as fast as you can so I need something like that. If that's so I know what I'm getting!

Edit: a controller like this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Akuma-Street-Fighter-4-IV-Wired-Turbo-Controller-for-Xbox-360-Microsoft-Used-/150772267437?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item231aba39ad

Thanks guys

tehapoc
06-22-2012, 01:36 AM
Get the Hori pad. Avoid shit made by Datel.

DinhoDF
06-22-2012, 06:19 AM
Get the hori pad...

sleepydumbdude
06-22-2012, 06:25 AM
Streetfighter Pad is great, and yes u can turbo X & Y.

This is the one I used. Can usually find them used cheap at gamestop.

ShazamFTW
08-06-2012, 08:17 PM
With either the Hori or Datel turbo controllers, can you program them to turbo themselves without needing to be pressed down? (i.e. rapid fire X button for an hour, walk away, come back later to stop rapid fire X?)

I want a controller that will turbo fold my way through Full House Poker. I'm not an intense game player where turbo might matter (Your halos, call of duties, etc., never touched them), but walk-away turbo would be desired.

xbear352x
08-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Glad I stumbled upon this thread, been looking into turbo controllers as well.

XBOX ISAAC82
08-08-2012, 01:48 AM
With either the Hori or Datel turbo controllers, can you program them to turbo themselves without needing to be pressed down? (i.e. rapid fire X button for an hour, walk away, come back later to stop rapid fire X?)

I want a controller that will turbo fold my way through Full House Poker. I'm not an intense game player where turbo might matter (Your halos, call of duties, etc., never touched them), but walk-away turbo would be desired.

What this guy asked.

dakisbac
08-08-2012, 02:15 AM

I've got a Hori Pad EX. You cannot auto-turbo (you must keep the button pressed down) but I've always used an elastic band to keep the button pressed and it works just fine:

http://psychicvas.com/hori_pad_360.jpg

The EX 2 model does have autofire, and supports the bumpers, triggers, and sticks. This is likely all you'll find on sites like eBay - I haven't been able to find any of the original model.

http://step2ddr.com/images/XB3-A1014-2.jpg

Starkweather
08-08-2012, 11:01 AM
I assume 90% of people on Gears 3 have these turbo controllers, thus people with normal controllers not winning chainsaw duels lol

Junkdewd
08-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Hori controller does not require the button to be pressed. It is handled automatically after you program the buttons to do what you want.

ShazamFTW
08-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Went and got the above Hori (the 2nd one), and very pleased with it. I can turn on the "B" button, go take a nap, wake up and see many hands of poker played.

One operating question however, can you have it do multiple buttons at the same time? I want it to autofire both at the same time (either alternating of simultaneously). Is that something it's capable of? Because then I can fold a lot and rebuy, thus letting it run for days until I get to 10,000 hands.

Der Fuhrer
08-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Pad EX 2 with Turbo - Black: Video Games

Just a bit more expensive than an actual wired controller but it supposedly works well. I however use this controller:

Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Turbo Fire 2 Wireless Controller with Rumble: Video Games

It works fairly well and you can reprogram the buttons on your computer which makes up for it only being able to turbo certain buttons.

FarmerJay
12-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Went and got the above Hori (the 2nd one), and very pleased with it. I can turn on the "B" button, go take a nap, wake up and see many hands of poker played.

One operating question however, can you have it do multiple buttons at the same time? I want it to autofire both at the same time (either alternating of simultaneously). Is that something it's capable of? Because then I can fold a lot and rebuy, thus letting it run for days until I get to 10,000 hands.

Anyone know if this controller or any other controller can do this? turbo 2 buttons at once, so i can walk away from the game for several hours?

Felonious Monk
12-27-2012, 07:37 PM
It's like the groundhog day of threads.

The Hori EX2 pad can apply auto turbo where you can program it to just press the same button over and over again so you can go do something else. In addition, you can hold other buttons and it'll do multiple as well. The only buttons it won't turbo is Start/Back.

ChickinOnaChain
12-28-2012, 02:43 PM
I can see wher in some games, a turbo would come in handy but off hand, I can't think of any games that I have where it'd benefit me.