PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

tommy4992
06-22-2012, 03:29 AM
I've seen someone recommend gohastings.com for good deals and was wondering if anyone has bought their used games? I want to buy a few but am nervous that they are really tore up. So if anyone has dealt with them can you please help me out.

Crypt
06-22-2012, 03:38 AM
I personally have never heard of them. Not saying they are good or bad, I just never heard on them. If you play a lot of games, I really recommend GameFly. I have been with GameFly for about 5+ years now and overall, I think they are great.

ChickinOnaChain
06-22-2012, 03:46 AM
There's a few stores in the DFW area but personally, I've never dealt with them. If they're not too far away, go there and see what they have. It couldn't hurt.

I live in a small town and all I have is Wally Mart and Game Stop or Amazon. Be glad you have more options.

tommy4992
06-22-2012, 03:54 AM
Its an online store where I am looking to buy from.

Spanish Assault
06-22-2012, 03:56 AM
Its an online store where I am looking to buy from.
they are big on eBay and Amazon.

I bought Homefront from them for $4 and it included the online code and was mint. However they do state that they don't guarantee owners manuals.

1 up
06-22-2012, 04:33 AM
damn some of their games are pretty cheap compared to gamestop

but their shipping is probably really high

Spanish Assault
06-22-2012, 04:49 AM
damn some of their games are pretty cheap compared to gamestop

but their shipping is probably really high
nope....under $3 here in the US.

1 up
06-22-2012, 04:51 AM
really i may Get Something from their site.thanks

[edit] yeah i checked shipping it will be 2.24 USD for shipping

V3T Hunter
06-22-2012, 05:17 AM
I've bought alot of games from them and the only issue I've had so far is when I got one of the games the case was broke but all the games I bought from them worked good.

The Rabbit Suit
06-22-2012, 08:02 AM
I've bought a lot from Gohastings, both on their Amazon storefront and their own website. If you use their website, they have a bunch of promotions monthly for nice deals ranging from free shipping, a cap on used book prices (game guides qualify) and up to 33% off video games in general.

I've never received a game from Gohastings that hasn't come in decent condition with the game manual, original case/artwork (unlike Amazon that repackages cases with the new 360 eco cases), and game.

You should be wary of special editions sold by them though. It's unlikely that they'll come in their original packaging.

People consider their shipping high since they ship every item separately instead of packaging them together. It's understandable though since they ship out from tons of different locations.

And they do upgrade shipping for free on expensive items. Got a 3DS from them and I was told it would arrive within 7-14businesses days, but I received it two days later with it being sent priority.

Here's a link to a CAG topic that discusses and posts all of their promotions. (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303198)<- Clickable

mrj3d
06-22-2012, 01:40 PM
I've never bought from there before although I've often browsed their site. From the sounds of the replies here I'm gonna have to try them out soon.

deadseadrop
06-23-2012, 01:47 AM
I buy from them on Amazon all the time and have never had one problem.