PDA

View Full Version : Quick question regarding multitasking on the 360

Cold Rival
09-01-2007, 05:26 PM
When you download from the marketplace (for exmaple a game demo that would usually take a long time), is it possible to play online?

I recently downloaded a demo, but I wanted to play a little Gears to pass the time, but when I loaded up Gears, a message popped up at the bottom of the screen that read "Download for [Insert Game Here] Stopped".

In a nutshell: Is there any way to play while you download?

Zef
09-01-2007, 05:27 PM
I think you can either play online or download things from the marketplace, not both at the same time. It's fairly annoying for those long demo downloads, but if you could play online you might get more lag in the game.

However, single player seems to work fine.

k_dog
09-01-2007, 05:32 PM
You cannot do anything that requires you to connect to something else other than the marketplace.

Any offline play is fine.

Cold Rival
09-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Ahh well, thanks for the info guys. Sucks that we can't do anything else though... :(

Mr Arrow
09-01-2007, 09:47 PM
I pretty sure the download will continue while you play, the only time it stops downloading is when you're loading or saving a game to the HDD. I'm not sure about Gears specifically but on everyother game I play the download will continue after you've saved.

btw...don't try this on your PS3...from what I've heard you can't do anything else while it's downloading.