PDA

View Full Version : On growing Franchise

Oldylnator
06-22-2012, 04:16 PM
No matter how many of these Lego games they bring out, they will always sell. TT have got a vast variety of games they can bring out, they will never run out of ideas. I, personally am glad that they've decided to do a LOTR version.

TT have struck gold with this idea.

BHTowler
06-22-2012, 04:24 PM
No matter how many of these Lego games they bring out, they will always sell. TT have got a vast variety of games they can bring out, they will never run out of ideas. I, personally am glad that they've decided to do a LOTR version.

TT have struck gold with this idea.

These games appeal to the younger audiences, so they will always sell, good point.

I'm a huge fan of LEGO, so I try all of the games. LOTR is gonna be a great one.

Topherion
06-22-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm personally hoping for a Lego Doctor Who.

BWOzar
06-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Considering Lego now makes Avengers toys, that seems a logical future destination for the franchise. Perhaps Lego Avengers Initiative based on Iron Man 1 & 2, Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain American and Avengers timed to come out around Iron Man 3 (May) or Thor 2 (November)? And then a sequel based on IM3, Cap 2, Thor 2, Black Panther/Ant Man (whatever character they're launching in May 2014) and Avengers 2 in 2015?

Lego has also made Jurassic Park toys (being rereleased in 3D next summer), Spider-Man (maybe in time for the May 2014 sequel to Amazing Spider-Man?), Toy Story, Cars, Prince of Persia (a bit redundant...), Wolverine (new movie is summer 2013) and various kids properties (Mickey Mouse seemingly the most lucrative as a video game). All of those have at least some potential as a Lego game. Who wouldn't enjoy Lego Pixar? Or Lego X-Men? Keep 'em coming...

steventhomas05
06-22-2012, 05:23 PM
IMO this is probably the best one they created so far i just wished they had more missions using each of the DC Heroes and the story just seemed to be short compared to the previous lego games ...... and i am sure the LOTR will be even bigger free roam

And if you noticed at the end of this game there is clues to a sequel..........

Oldylnator
06-22-2012, 06:48 PM
There is just endless brands and franchises they can make. I know they are an child aimed game but I cant help play them. The only think that annoys me with TT is that they'll split games in parts, e.g. Harry Potter and Star wars.

RDrules
06-22-2012, 10:10 PM
And if you noticed at the end of this game there is clues to a sequel..........

yeah i saw the teaser :P

just dont want to mention it for those not done yet

XxStuartxX 1990
06-22-2012, 10:20 PM
personnally I hope in the future if they keep the voices they do their own storylines, since just copying lines straight from the films will kinda kill the humor IMO.

And keep the freeroam even though superman's flying is a little dodgey, it just makes the game feel so much more.

Topherion
06-22-2012, 10:56 PM
personnally I hope in the future if they keep the voices they do their own storylines, since just copying lines straight from the films will kinda kill the humor IMO.

And keep the freeroam even though superman's flying is a little dodgey, it just makes the game feel so much more.

I can see the voices for unique storylines, but there have only really been two games like that; everything else has been film adaptations. This is where the legoish shines, in my opinion: seeing the characters pantomime extremely complex plot points in a few seconds is much more satisfying to me, especially as it forced TT into being clever with their storytelling.

Also not really digging the freeroam thing, and I love me some freeroam games. I think my issue with it is how sloppy it was done. I had the same problem with No More Heroes on the Wii.

cheevo360
06-23-2012, 12:33 AM
I love this game so much and it is become my 2nd best LEGO game along with top best LEGO game ever made is first LEGO Star Wars game.

I am so glad TT Games decide new LEGO Batman game turn out to has open world. :):)

I look forward LEGO LotR :)

Achievements is good balance in this game. :)

XxStuartxX 1990
06-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Also not really digging the freeroam thing, and I love me some freeroam games. I think my issue with it is how sloppy it was done. I had the same problem with No More Heroes on the Wii.

I kinda agree, it just seems to be there to house collectables, but with a few extra additions, like some side missions, oh and they really should tone down the amount of screaming citizens.

Havoc NL
06-23-2012, 09:53 AM
I once had an interview with a developer of the Lego games. He told me the team would love to do a Lego Back to the Future someday. That would be great...

RDrules
06-23-2012, 01:16 PM
I agree with the freeroam and voices, they should really keep these things for ones like this, they now have an unlimited supply of superheroes from DC to work with since LEGO are licensed for minifigs of them all and WB own Travelers Tales and DC