PDA

View Full Version : Good Idea or bad Idea.....?

h1gh3r_l1m1ts
09-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Now that the Airbone demo is out and COD4 Beta is out (for some lucky players), you think it was a good idea for EA to stay with the same old concept of WWII while Activision took the opposite approach and implemented a whole new concept to the COD franchise?

As for Airborne, I enjoyed watching the player jump out the plane from previous games, but being able to control your jump is pretty cool but gets old very quick. That's about it for that concept.

COD4 has a whole new system based on level. The higher the level you are, the better perks you get. I'm glad that COD took the modern combat path and not sticking to the same old boring WWII era which honestly needs to die.

Just my opinion but just wanted to know you guys input on this....

DoM cAbAn
09-01-2007, 08:10 PM
My guess is that eventually, Medal of Honor will move towards modern combat just as Call of Duty has. I'm glad Call of Duty moved to modern combat because, just like you said, it gets boring after a while in WWII. It seems like it's always the same weapons, and even the levels seem repetative.

h1gh3r_l1m1ts
09-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Yeah. I'm pretty tired of just shooting nazis here and then some more there. The whole feature about parachuting in anywhere on the map is pretty much all MOH has. Right off the bat in the demo, your parachuting in. Once I was done playing the demo, I don't even want to play the game. I don't know what else the game can offer me if I even considered playing the campaign. Like you said, the weapons are the same and levels too repititive.

COD in the other hand has the whole night vision feature going on, various new weapons, also cool air strikes when viewed through the camera. I must say it's amazing.

DoM cAbAn
09-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Well, they call it Medal of Honor: "Airborne" for that reason I guess. :p I think they'd have to switch to modern combat to compete with Call of Duty because I'm sure we're not the only people bored with WWII...

h1gh3r_l1m1ts
09-01-2007, 09:50 PM
I think they'd have to switch to modern combat to compete with Call of Duty because I'm sure we're not the only people bored with WWII...

LOL, got the games mixed up there. I know what you mean though.

COD :uzi:MOH

angry
09-01-2007, 10:02 PM
My guess is that eventually, Medal of Honor will move towards modern combat just as Call of Duty has. I'm glad Call of Duty moved to modern combat because, just like you said, it gets boring after a while in WWII. It seems like it's always the same weapons, and even the levels seem repetative.

:whs I agree with you exactly on the issue netherless i am looking forward to M.O.H Airbourne i have every game of M.O.H and love them all. :)

Ref COD4 that will just going to be amazing.

h1gh3r_l1m1ts
09-01-2007, 11:52 PM
I wonder what's going to be MOH next concept. They may due what COD is doing now since COD is already a success but hasn't been released. Great Stuff. I think MOH would of been more appealing to more players if they would of just added more features besides the parachute thing. I'll rent the game but I won't buy it. It's hard tyring to play another WWII shooter.

DoM cAbAn
09-02-2007, 01:40 AM
LOL, got the games mixed up there. I know what you mean though.

What's mixed up?

EDIT: Oh, I get what you meant. Sorry, I just phrased that a bit weird. :p

h1gh3r_l1m1ts
09-02-2007, 09:02 PM
It's cool, i knew what you meant. Anybody here got into beta. I'm still hoping I get a chance to experience it before it comes out. If not, then I got Bioshock to keep me entertained for another week or so.

Mortikie
09-02-2007, 09:36 PM
I think the only reason it's ok to stay with WW2 instead of moving on is that it's no the same old WW2 game. They added something new. After this game though, I think they should move on. MoH: AA 2 wouldn't be that great.

h1gh3r_l1m1ts
09-02-2007, 09:41 PM
I liked Spearhead better which could of been AA 2 but who knows. I think it could of been better if they could of made it where your actions affect the outcome. Killing a general here will bring up a new campaign path which much harder territories to take over/clear out. A shooter is a shooter no matter what type of game it is but it's time for something new.

Yungstar 2006
09-08-2007, 07:16 PM
you think it was a good idea for EA to stay with the same old concept of WWII

do you think it's all right for PGR to stay with the same old concept? or perhaps Halo?
there is nothing wrong with a game staying in the same setting as long as that game is good. now i never realy cared for CoD and perhaps the 4th will change my mind, but this MoH is the best one i've played on console yet.

I'm glad Call of Duty moved to modern combat because it gets boring after a while in WWII. It seems like it's always the same weapons, and even the levels seem repetative.

and is not CoD just copying the weps of GRAW?
it's horses for courses. where do you expect WW2 shooter levels to be based.... WW2 perhaps?

Yeah. I'm pretty tired of just shooting nazis here and then some more there.

won't Cod just be the same, but with the enemy wearing different uniforms?

I don't know what else the game can offer me if I even considered playing the campaign. Like you said, the weapons are the same and levels too repititive.

what would you expect to find in a WW2 shooter other than ruins? as for CoD, it to will have the same weps for most of the levels and they will also have a repetitive look, something to do with being in a war zone.

COD in the other hand has the whole night vision feature going on, various new weapons, also cool air strikes when viewed through the camera. I must say it's amazing.

will it still be amazing when the same is in the next CoD?

Well, they call it Medal of Honor: "Airborne" for that reason I guess. :p I think they'd have to switch to modern combat to compete with Call of Duty because I'm sure we're not the only people bored with WWII...

thats alright, i'm sure there are plenty others who will buy this MoH, just as i have.

i find this new MoH so far to be the best i've played on console, the CoD console games i have not liked as much, perhaps a demo of the new one will change my mind, but as of now, i'd take this MoH over any CoD

h1gh3r_l1m1ts
09-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Wow Yungstar, I guess you really butt hurt about people's opinions. The thread reads Good Idea or Bad Idea. Not come in and try to diss people's opinions by telling us off with your own personal opinions. It's easy, just write your opinion if its a GOOD IDEA or BAD IDEA. That's it. If it's too complicated then just don't post here and find the appropiate thread.

JJBDude
09-09-2007, 09:49 AM
I really disliked the demo for Medal of Honor but I can understand they added a big brand new feature to the game so I guess it was a good idea in a way. I do now however think the WWII franchises do need to stop, I'm sick of them as I'm sure you are.

Matrixxsenior
09-09-2007, 10:31 AM
I quite enjoyed playing the game and the weapons upgrade is a lot of fun. Don't believe the booklet though it claims many soldiers upgrade there weapons in battle. Not in my experience, it's a court martial offence, certainly in the British Army anyway. But i did put pakmeyer grips and a 15 round mag on my pistol once.