PDA

View Full Version : Good Idea or Bad Idea...?

h1gh3r_l1m1ts
09-01-2007, 08:48 PM
I wrote this thread over in the MOH Airborne section, and wanted to know what the COD fans output on both upcoming COD 4 game and MOH Airborne. Was it a good idea that Activision took a whole new approach to the COD franchise or bad? Same question goes for MOH Airborne?

IMO, the WWII thing is old. I can't even play a WWII shooter any more. I'm glad that COD changed it approach. The whole perks feature is awesome. NIghtvision, multiple new weapons, air strikes, selectable gears. This game has a whole lot of features that will MOH a dirt nap.

MOH in the other hand has you controlling your character while parachuting onto any area in the map. This feature is pretty much the only thing that's new. Other than that, it's the same old WWII shooter just another set location following the story of another soldier. Just playing the demo feels like playing the entire game. I think EA messed up big time by taking the WWII approach.

Congrats Activision (Infinity Ward) for introducing the best COD to date.

What are you guys input?

jorGe62990
09-01-2007, 11:25 PM
COD4 is a refreshing kick to the ol' WWII series and will attract many new gamers...MOH is getting old very quickly...activision is stupid enough to think that JUST adding the feature of deciding where you land is gonna attract more people...COD4 went in a totally different direction from the past games simply because of the historical time period but i can still feel the good old cod gameplay which is a good thing

Anti HERO 574
09-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Activision choose right making it "modern warfare"

And I agree WWII shooters are boring..
I played MOH Airborne for about 10 min..then quit, way too boring.

h1gh3r_l1m1ts
09-02-2007, 05:27 PM
activision is stupid enough to think that JUST adding the feature of deciding where you land is gonna attract more people...

I think you mean EA not Activision, lol. EA is all about the money as we all know so they don't care what types of features they add. The more features they have saved up for future games, the more money they will make.

Legend Has It 1
09-02-2007, 05:40 PM
So far it's one of the best multiplayer games I've played...and it's only the beta.

h1gh3r_l1m1ts
09-02-2007, 06:38 PM
I've yet to play it. All my friends say it's amazing, even the people here that are working on it. It's ok though, I'll enjoy it much more once it's out.

Xx EvilGrim xX
09-02-2007, 07:09 PM
I like them moving to the modern setting.. because before all there was were, Rainbow Six, and Graw, which im note a big fan of either. But with CoD4, im really liking the modern setting. Plus the WWII genre is getting a little over worked these days.

PS: I hate the whole lean and aim in MOH:Airborne. I like to be able to walk and aim like in CoD.

h1gh3r_l1m1ts
09-02-2007, 08:59 PM
I used to like the whole lean feature back in the MOH Allied Assault/Spearhead series on PC. Using it now on controller takes a bit getting used to.
I can't wait to get my hands on it. The anti t-bag will me laugh for months on end.:woop:

desai100
09-02-2007, 09:31 PM
i dont really mind which era they have the war in as long as they have the IW gameplay

flip
09-02-2007, 10:56 PM
It was never Activision's decision to go modern with the CoD franchise, it was Infinity Ward who chose it, and hell, this is supposed to be CoD 3 technically(at least that's what the people at IW call it since they had no say in the retail CoD3) and to be honest, CoD3 sucked anyway, plus WWII games are so stale and overdone that this is a VERY good change for the franchise.

h1gh3r_l1m1ts
09-02-2007, 11:24 PM
It was IW but doesn't matter, I'm glad they did choose the modern setting. It will be great to shoot foo's through the walls.