PDA

View Full Version : Voice Actors

zhoban
06-24-2012, 01:36 AM
Did anyone else notice that even after picking the original VA's that there is one missing? Granted, it's not a major role or anything but it kind of bothered me seeing as how they were supposed to have all of the original VA's.

FinalFantasyFanatic87
07-20-2012, 10:15 AM
They all seem to be there to me. i would've liked it if you could mix and match actors. there are some of the new actors I like better and vice verca. so a mix and match option would've been cool.

zhoban
07-20-2012, 04:00 PM
They all seem to be there to me. i would've liked it if you could mix and match actors. there are some of the new actors I like better and vice verca. so a mix and match option would've been cool.
The one I meant was the Game Show host in the elevator. The main reason I noticed it was how the original VA had a certain way of saying, "chopped into pieces with an axe" whereas the new one said it pretty monotone. I mean, yeah, it's not a huge part of the game but it still bothers me when they claim all of the original VA's are there yet that one isn't.

FinalFantasyFanatic87
07-26-2012, 10:00 AM
I've never really thought about that. I thought maybe you meant the doctor (the one you hear through the headphones).

zhoban
07-26-2012, 09:04 PM
I've never really thought about that. I thought maybe you meant the doctor (the one you hear through the headphones).
I forgot about him, I would have to check that part again. The only time I ever listened to it was with the new voice actors.

O918
07-27-2012, 02:26 AM
The one I meant was the Game Show host in the elevator. The main reason I noticed it was how the original VA had a certain way of saying, "chopped into pieces with an axe" whereas the new one said it pretty monotone. I mean, yeah, it's not a huge part of the game but it still bothers me when they claim all of the original VA's are there yet that one isn't.

Dude I totally agree, that bothered me. The old one sounded much more creepy and authentic, like it was recorded on an old gramophone. To me, it was reminiscent of the gypsy intro music from SH 1.

It was a minor part of the game, but the new one sounded so much dumber, for lack of a better word (and I actually like the other new voice acting). Why would that be the only thing that they permanently changed?

chokdee
09-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Shit! You're right! I didn't even noticed it till i saw your post!
Damn! They should have used the old VA.