PDA

View Full Version : Professional Mode - About to lose my mind.

Madame Kennedy
06-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Okay so I've been fighting my way through a grueling run on professional, and now I'm stuck at the wrecking ball room in Chapter 5-2. :\

I've got Ashley in the suit of armor, so she's been playing bait for me a good number of times. The last couple of times I've tried keeping her at a distance while I run to the control room, but doesn't seem to be too effective cause like only 2 ganados get preoccupied with her while the rest come charging at me. I'm considering switching it up and having her man the controls instead, because I keep getting sandwiched in there and can only take 3 hits before I die lol.

As far as weapons, I'm out of rifle bullets (used them all on the previous iron maidens), have only a clip and a half for my riot gun, a few clips for my Red9, and a few bullets in my TMP. No grenades unfortunately. Been trying to find a strategy I can acclimate to but most of them involve the Striker, which I don't have, and flash grenades which I also don't have. e___e

Tips anyone? Before my controller goes out the window? >_>; *taking a brief break because she's so aggravated*

Madame Kennedy
06-24-2012, 05:30 PM
Just tried putting her in the Control Room and after she pulls the lever one time she runs out wtf. She's supposed to stay in there! e____e

ImaginaryRuins
06-24-2012, 06:00 PM
I'd say you're in a pretty tight spot here. Do you have an earlier save to try again? Forgive me for sounding a bit rude and sarcastic, but did you just ram through every enemies without trying to lower your ammo consumption? I'm playing on Pro, and I managed to keep a lot more ammos and grenades than on Normal, and I keep at least two hand grenades and 15 Shotgun ammos at all times.

For me I need at least 8 to 10 Shotgun shots to buy Ashley enough time for her to operate the metal ball. Without crowd control weapons this area is nearly impossible to get through.

Madame Kennedy
06-24-2012, 06:33 PM
The last save I had was back iiin...I think right after I got Ashley out of the storage room lol. A bit of a ways back. In the beginning of the game I was good at conserving ammo, cause the ganados were easy peasy to melee without getting hit.

As soon as I hit the castle though it kinda started going downhill on that cause the zealots started carrying shields and the maces are harder to dodge and they attack in bigger numbers. I'm also kinda new to relying on the knife as well, didn't bother with it much at all on Normal. The island hasn't made it easy either as far as ammo conservation.

So yeah, I realize that I've probably dug myself a hole a bit. :\ I'm just wondering why Ashley darts out of the control room after only hitting the lever once. Makes my crowd control job only that much harder.

Madame Kennedy
06-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Nvm I got through it. XD I thought the ball took three hits, but it was only two. Just ran through to the next part. Yaaaaay moar regenerators and I have barely any rifle bullets lol fml.

ImaginaryRuins
06-25-2012, 02:07 AM
Nvm I got through it. XD I thought the ball took three hits, but it was only two. Just ran through to the next part. Yaaaaay moar regenerators and I have barely any rifle bullets lol fml.

Well then congratulations for getting past the metal ball room ^_^. Did you manage to retain full health on this? If so then that's quite good.

For the regenerators there should always be 5 rifle ammos lying nearby where these bastards appear. Of course you can try to run past them, though I'm not sure whether it's easy or not, because I know they can elongate their arms for a grab when Leon get too close to them

Zenith Requiem
06-25-2012, 12:06 PM
What Weapons are you using that your not using the Stryker? I'm curious

Madame Kennedy
07-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Alright, I managed to complete Professional Mode a few days ago. XD It was borderline teeth-gritting through Chapter 5. Some parts I just ended up running through while avoiding conflict whenever possible. It's true that I wasn't too smart/clever about my gun choices and ammo consumption. I didn't upgrade to the Striker until the very end which was silly, and didn't have the broken butterfly which I understand is a good alternative to the rifle for Regenerators. This runthrough made me learn a lot of lessons. xD I actually managed to topple Krauser rather easily using the knife strategy on pro, which really surprised me. I was actually practically taken aback by how easily he went down. XD All of the other bosses I usually wiped out with a bazooka, which was a way in itself to conserve some ammo lol.

After that runthrough I went through it again on Normal for a change, mainly using the Handcannon. I almost felt silly using it, because it pretty much makes everything through the game look like a joke. I ended up finishing a whole 'nother round in a fraction of my usual time. I bought the Typewriter as well, but barely remembered to use it. XD I think I only ever took it out to do Leon's hat trick.

TriRock
07-24-2012, 07:22 PM
If anyone should struggle with this part, here's my advice:

Equip flash bangs. Beeline into the control room, turn 180 degrees, and throw FB#1. Go over to controls, and have Leon use them. Once Leon leaves (because the ball has to go back into position), throw FB#2 into the room. Use controls with Leon again, the wall should break, and the exit be revealed. Throw FB#3 for a safe exit, or take a chance trying to dodge enemies. Yes, I know not everyone carries spare flash bangs with them, but considering how great they are at taking out hatched plagas, you should!

On a side note, I finished professional mode with more than half a million in cash. :eek:

xxthegodofwarx
10-08-2012, 07:09 PM
try to save your ammo from now on