PDA

View Full Version : Green Lantern Is Next?

XxStuartxX 1990
06-24-2012, 07:15 PM
So I've finished this game to 1000G, and started thinking 'will they release a third Lego Batman' since personally these have been my favourate two.

But the more I thought about it, the more I was leaning towards the next DC Lego game been about the Green Lantern, which isnt a problem as he is probably my second fav DC hero after Batman.

There is one definate hint and three maybe hints that this is infact the case.

Definate Hint:

Ending: Batman asks for help from Green Lantern to rebuild the batcave, the Green Lantern shoots his ring into the air, and it shows Brainiac saying something along the lines of 'I have found it'

Maybe Hints:

Green Lantern: He has a unique power in been the only one that can build green Lego objects, but this feature is rarely used maybe for about five minikits, compare this to another unique ability like Luthor's gun and you'll see a real difference.

Achievements: There are two achievements related to Green Lantern's universe, One for defeating Sinestro as Green lantern, and one for defeating a Lexbot as Brainiac.

Brainiac: When you face brainiac in freeroam he is in the centre of the map indicating he is important and not just crammed in to make up th numbers, and when you defeat him he costs 500,000 studs to unlock, while all the others apart from Manbat cost either 100,000 or 125,000 studs, and he doesnt have a unique ability making him really expensive for someone not related to the plot.

Any thoughts? A'm I right? A'm I crazy?

Creazil
06-24-2012, 08:06 PM
No, it's going to be LEGO Lord of the Rings. There's a trailer for it at the menu actually on "Coming Soon"

TheXandman
06-24-2012, 08:13 PM
I thought that the guy at the end looked a lot like Mongul but I'm not sure, could have been Brainiac. Anyway, I guess they'll be working on some sort of Marvel Heroes title after LEGO Batman and I hope that they'll follow that up with some sort of LEGO Justice League title (I don't see how they really can go back to just Batman after this game and it would open the doors for them to use more enemies - I was kinda disappointed by how few enemies got play in this game's main story)

Rep
06-24-2012, 08:23 PM
No, it's going to be LEGO Lord of the Rings. There's a trailer for it at the menu actually on "Coming Soon"

He's talking about the next Lego Batman, not just a Lego game itself...

RDrules
06-24-2012, 08:58 PM
only thing that confuses me here is if thats brainiac (which it does look like from the playable minifig) then why is he after green lantern, brainiac is supermans enemy

Rod92905
06-24-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm thinking...no! For various reasons.....

The Green Lantern movie was a flop...don't see any of the companies involved in this thinking it's a good idea to make a game based on a movie that flopped....

The little ending scene showed Braniac....whose clearly a Superman villain...he's never really had much interaction against Green Lantern.....

Adding that final scene to the fact that they are releasing a Superman movie next year, it would just make sense that the next time we see DC heroes in a LEGO game would be a Batman 3 with Superman as a very dominant focus or just a straight up Sperman LEGO game.

With Superman's extensive rouge's gallery, I expect the next me to be LEGO Superman.

XxStuartxX 1990
06-24-2012, 09:16 PM

The Green Lantern movie was a flop...don't see any of the companies involved in this thinking it's a good idea to make a game based on a movie that flopped....

The little ending scene showed Braniac....whose clearly a Superman villain...he's never really had much interaction against Green Lantern.....

Adding that final scene to the fact that they are releasing a Superman movie next year, it would just make sense that the next time we see DC heroes in a LEGO game would be a Batman 3 with Superman as a very dominant focus or just a straight up Sperman LEGO game.

With Superman's extensive rouge's gallery, I expect the next me to be LEGO Superman.

This would make more sense, I just not a big fan of Superman so I saw a villian in space and instantly thought he was a Green lantern Villian.

Also the way he seems to be talking about Green Lantern, with him commenting after green beam.

bpickell
06-24-2012, 09:17 PM

The only problem with that line of thought is that the Lego Batman games aren't based on movies. So who's to say if they did do a green lantern lego game that it has to be based on a movie.

Itsgaara
06-24-2012, 09:40 PM
If they do come out with another lego batman I would like to see more GL chars. Maybe all the corps with the black and white lanterns.
But I'm a BIG GL fan.

RDrules
06-24-2012, 09:56 PM

the batman ones are based on the comics with completely original stories so how a movie did wouldnt matter and green lantern is popular in the comics

I cant really see them doing a superman game at all, if anything this game shows his big problem... unless theres kryptonite around he is invincible, making a game with him as the central character will be hard because it will just be too easy.

the only thing i can think of would be a green lantern done like this batman, have brainiac team up with sinestro to get the green lantern ring which in that cut scene he was clearly talking about

green lantern has a big enough list of bad guys on his own anyway.. possibly even longer than supermans

bpickell
06-24-2012, 10:06 PM
the batman ones are based on the comics with completely original stories so how a movie did wouldnt matter and green lantern is popular in the comics

I cant really see them doing a superman game at all, if anything this game shows his big problem... unless theres kryptonite around he is invincible, making a game with him as the central character will be hard because it will just be too easy.

the only thing i can think of would be a green lantern done like this batman, have brainiac team up with sinestro to get the green lantern ring which in that cut scene he was clearly talking about

green lantern has a big enough list of bad guys on his own anyway.. possibly even longer than supermans

lol.. not to mention that it would suck playing superman, because every time you fly you have to listen to that stupid music. It was funny for a second, but then it just got plain annoying. Instead of Superman I started using General ZOD, just so I didn't have to listen to that music anymore.

XxStuartxX 1990
06-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Maybe brainiac goes after the ring as he thinks it will help him defeat Superman? I Don't know I'm just spitballing.

RDrules
06-24-2012, 10:11 PM
lol.. not to mention that it would suck playing superman, because every time you fly you have to listen to that stupid music. It was funny for a second, but then it just got plain annoying. Instead of Superman I started using General ZOD, just so I didn't have to listen to that music anymore.

:D yeah i know what you mean :P when you first do it its like OHHH cool the music from the movie

then after a few hours your just screaming SHUTTT UPPPPP

Efase
06-24-2012, 11:04 PM
Next to the Lord of The Rings, I suppose... But I would definitely love to see a Green Lantern LEGO game.

Rod92905
06-24-2012, 11:05 PM
LOL. So true.

RDrules
06-24-2012, 11:13 PM
Next to the Lord of The Rings, I suppose... But I would definitely love to see a Green Lantern LEGO game.

yeah we're talking like the next in this particular set, its pretty obvious more DC superheroes are coming since WB owns both companies

ChickinOnaChain
06-25-2012, 12:29 AM
The Green Lantern is a good as any!

Robot God
06-26-2012, 12:36 AM
Green lanterns green building blocks animations were pretty cool although I would much prefer an Avengers lego game.

JohnAizen
06-26-2012, 01:52 AM
I hope they do make Lego Green Lantern, with the lanterns ring ability and TTs humor I hink it would be a sucess

RDrules
06-26-2012, 02:12 AM
Green lanterns green building blocks animations were pretty cool although I would much prefer an Avengers lego game.

I wouldnt count it out but they are more likely to stick with DC comics than release marvel ones because its just easier to get licenses for since with marvel comics they have to get them from disney where for DC they just have to give them to themselves.

Prodigy5281
06-26-2012, 04:53 PM
So I've finished this game to 1000G, and started thinking 'will they release a third Lego Batman' since personally these have been my favourate two.

But the more I thought about it, the more I was leaning towards the next DC Lego game been about the Green Lantern, which isnt a problem as he is probably my second fav DC hero after Batman.

There is one definate hint and three maybe hints that this is infact the case.

Definate Hint:

Ending: Batman asks for help from Green Lantern to rebuild the batcave, the Green Lantern shoots his ring into the air, and it shows Brainiac saying something along the lines of 'I have found it'

Maybe Hints:

Green Lantern: He has a unique power in been the only one that can build green Lego objects, but this feature is rarely used maybe for about five minikits, compare this to another unique ability like Luthor's gun and you'll see a real difference.

Achievements: There are two achievements related to Green Lantern's universe, One for defeating Sinestro as Green lantern, and one for defeating a Lexbot as Brainiac.

Brainiac: When you face brainiac in freeroam he is in the centre of the map indicating he is important and not just crammed in to make up th numbers, and when you defeat him he costs 500,000 studs to unlock, while all the others apart from Manbat cost either 100,000 or 125,000 studs, and he doesnt have a unique ability making him really expensive for someone not related to the plot.

Any thoughts? A'm I right? A'm I crazy?

You could be right, however, your second almost hint is inaccurate. Brainiac is a Superman villain. He really has no connection to Green Lantern. Not really sure why he'd want Lantern's ringh. but seeing as Brainiac is a Superman villain but it's indicating that he wants a GL's ring then the definite hint could very well be that the creators are thinking of doing a straight up Justice League game.....and not just focus on one character...

BWOzar
06-26-2012, 11:46 PM
Brainiac is a Superman villain and I'd bet an awful lot that the ending is a hint that we'll be getting Lego Superman next summer to correspond with the release of Man of Steel.