PDA

View Full Version : Buying Characters etc..

Creazil
06-24-2012, 09:21 PM
So where do I buy characters? I completed level 2 and got to the batcave but nothing is here. I can go out and free roam and do missions but there is no place to create characters, buy characters, red bricks and check your minikits.

Where do I do all this?

XxStuartxX 1990
06-24-2012, 09:25 PM
So where do I buy characters? I completed level 2 and got to the batcave but nothing is here. I can go out and free roam and do missions but there is no place to create characters, buy characters, red bricks and check your minikits.

Where do I do all this?

Characters are bought from golden gates, or by defeating a freeroam boss then buying them.

Characters can't be created until after the story (not 100% sure didnt atempt until after story), in the batcave.

Red Bricks are unlocked by doing puzzles in Gotham, most are opened by riddler or Joker.

Minikits can't really be checked, you either have them or you don't, they are used via the beacons/terminals found around Gotham.

Creazil
06-24-2012, 10:17 PM
So how do I find free-roam bosses and how do I unlock golden gates? 'Cos there are two in the batcave.

Is this one of the places I can buy characters that I have unlocked?

And what exactly is in the free-roam of Arkham? What can I actually find? Just wondering. Free roam is completely new to LEGO

israelbeta
06-24-2012, 11:29 PM

Where do I do all this?

You're jumping the gun a bit. A lot of what you're looking to do won't be available until you've gone a lot further in the storyline (until at least after level 8 which is when you unlock Superman as a playable character; I'd actually advise waiting until you've finished the storyline in total and unlocked Superman, Green Lantern, Cyborg, Flash and Wonder Woman). Here are the tips I've picked up:

Finding free roam bosses - having Superman available as a playable character helps enormously. As Superman, start flying around Gotham looking for red and blue shafts of light. These indicate remote Bat-Computer terminals: red ones have not been unlocked, blue ones have. You unlock a terminal just by using it for the first time. When you unlock a particular terminal: it immediately does two things:

1) Clear away part of the map
and
2) Show a brief cutscene of the boss closest to the terminal.

Create Characters: That's in the Bat Cave and, I believe, only available post-completion of story. Head to the left and it will be in that area.

Buy non-boss characters: Scattered among various rooftops in Gotham are "golden doors" that, once you've collected enough gold bricks, you can assemble. A character will come out of them and you'll be given the option to buy them. The rest of the Justice League characters are available this way (Black Canary, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, etc...) as well as other supporting characters. All of the characters have a minimum number of bricks you have to have collected in order to purchase them; the Policeman near Arkham only requires you to have 15 gold bricks while Supergirl requires 250 gold bricks.

Only two characters that I can think of are located in non-standard locations: Commissioner Gordon (who is located ground level at the police station) and Bruce Wayne (on top of Wayne Tower which is inaccessible by any means other than flying). The rest you will encounter naturally while looking for gold bricks.

Red bricks: Scattered around Gotham. You will need three bosses to access them: Lex Luthor, The Joker and The Riddler. Make getting these bosses a priority.

Minikits: When you access a remote BatComputer terminal, you're given two options: Map and Vehicles. Choose Vehicles and you can see what you've collected so far from there.