PDA

View Full Version : My Game disk or Console?

KindCandy
09-02-2007, 01:21 AM
when i insert my Gears of war Disk, Console says "TO PLAY THIS DISK PUT IT IN XBOX 360 CONSOLE" and when i go back to my dashboard it says "PLAY DVD" ? whats this? i got this error for the first time ...

Come on give me a break THIS is a 360 console ,,,

i restarted it , and still the same Error ,... what should i do?

Enter The Nutty
09-02-2007, 01:26 AM
try a bunch of games...if it does it on em all then its the drive, if its just that one then i bet its the game...i just had the same issue and am now sitting on 7 new (to me) games and awaiting the shipping box for the repair that never went through their system, but charged me for.

So hopefully i can play real games in a month...damn arcade games are getting boring.

KindCandy
09-02-2007, 01:54 AM
try a bunch of games...if it does it on em all then its the drive, if its just that one then i bet its the game...i just had the same issue and am now sitting on 7 new (to me) games and awaiting the shipping box for the repair that never went through their system, but charged me for.

So hopefully i can play real games in a month...damn arcade games are getting boring.
I checked all the games i have,, Oblivion , gr2 , sherk , dead rising, call of Juarez, Bioshock, etc they all r working Fine ,,, Its only gears which is Giving me this error,,, and i had Two gears of war disks , and the other one is Working Fine
its only This one which i was using from the day i bought it , i think the disk has some Prob or something ,,, its not the console or drive ,

tried after 10 mins
{Hey guess what, Now its Working fine .... ? what was that? i just cleaned my Drive with a soft cloth poped it in and BOOM there u go , its working now}

Bluntman428
09-02-2007, 03:33 AM
Could be any number of things, really. Two of my 360's did the same thing before they died. They'd work fine with most games, but 1 or 2 would take 10+ minutes to start up. A few weeks later, none of them worked. Had to go through the torture of Microsoft Customer Support twice for that. The most recent was the ring of death, my console's been gone for almost a month now.

To make sure it's not just your disc, try cleaning it. If there's a lot of scratches on it, I'd recommend taking it to a Gamecrazy or a Gamestop to have them resurface it. Gamecrazy only charges $2, and your disc comes out looking brand new. I could see my reflection in it again when they were done.

If it starts doing it with other discs, you'll know it's most likely your drive.

KindCandy
09-02-2007, 04:17 AM
Could be any number of things, really. Two of my 360's did the same thing before they died. They'd work fine with most games, but 1 or 2 would take 10+ minutes to start up. A few weeks later, none of them worked. Had to go through the torture of Microsoft Customer Support twice for that. The most recent was the ring of death, my console's been gone for almost a month now.

To make sure it's not just your disc, try cleaning it. If there's a lot of scratches on it, I'd recommend taking it to a Gamecrazy or a Gamestop to have them resurface it. Gamecrazy only charges $2, and your disc comes out looking brand new. I could see my reflection in it again when they were done.

If it starts doing it with other discs, you'll know it's most likely your drive.
All right Bro , but i really hope Its not my console , its my second one my 1st console had SO MANY Errors and when it got banned from xbox live (FOR NO DAMN REASON) i bought the new one , and its working perfectly , never gave me any any any kinda error , but this one Tonight ... well i will defn clean up my disk , thanks a lot

Glyndinn
09-02-2007, 04:31 AM
I've had the same thing happen to me with my guitar hero disc. If it happens, I just take the game out, turn off the xbox, turn it back on and put it back in. That always makes it work again.

It's only ever happened with my GH disc, and the disc was brand new when it first happened so there were no scratches or anything. It's been three months since it first happened, and my 360 isn't dead yet, so hopefully you'll be fine. During those three months, I've only had it happen probably 5 times.

Skillet
09-02-2007, 05:09 PM
I've had this happen several times on my old Xbox. You put in the disk and a little movie with green explosions and XBOX! comes up on the screen. Then it says "This is an Xbox game disk. Please put it in your Xbox to start playing." in multiple languages. Usually turning it off and on will correct the problem and another time the disk simply needed cleaned.

Then, I was putting my Knights of the Old Republic cd in once and a message popped up that said I needed the DVD playback kit to watch DVD movies. Shutting off the console didn't work and I actually had to plug that little black controller port hog in so I could play KotOR! INCONCEIVABLE!

KindCandy
09-02-2007, 05:36 PM
I've had the same thing happen to me with my guitar hero disc. If it happens, I just take the game out, turn off the xbox, turn it back on and put it back in. That always makes it work again.

It's only ever happened with my GH disc, and the disc was brand new when it first happened so there were no scratches or anything. It's been three months since it first happened, and my 360 isn't dead yet, so hopefully you'll be fine. During those three months, I've only had it happen probably 5 times.
Oh the same thing happen Again :( same error, "to play this disk put it in xbox 360 console" and after i restarted my console its saying DISK IS UNREADABLE
1. CLEAN IT WITH SOFT CLOTH
2. RESTART THE CONSOLE

look guys what ever it is , i just wana make it sure whats the Problem is it my console, my drive? or this Disk? its giving me this error only on Gears Disk , i have two gears disk the other one is working fine :confused:
but what is this ? its my Console or Disk?
if its my disk, i will be fine with it , i dont want this error thing in my 2nd console, :(:(:(:(:(

KindCandy
09-02-2007, 05:56 PM

Oh the same thing happen Again :( same error, "to play this disk put it in xbox 360 console" and after i restarted my console its saying DISK IS UNREADABLE
2. RESTART THE CONSOLE

look guys what ever it is , i just wana make it sure whats the Problem is it my console, my drive? or this Disk? its giving me this error only on Gears Disk , i have two gears disk the other one is working fine :confused:
if its my disk, i will be fine with it , i dont want this error thing in my 2nd console, :(:(:(:(:(

Cyrex
09-02-2007, 07:38 PM
the way i deal with this is a pull the disk out of the tray and then put it back in and i do this 5-6 times if it doesn't work on one of those tries then wipe it with a tissue and try one last time and it always works for me;)

Bluntman428
09-02-2007, 08:23 PM
2. RESTART THE CONSOLE

Be careful with the double posts bro, the mods frown on that.

If all your other disks, including your second Gears disk, are working fine...it's 99% likely to be your disk and not the console. Go get the bad disk resurfaced and you should be in good shape.

Fire Mage
09-02-2007, 08:44 PM
I didn't read all the posts so excuse me if I repeat:

But most likely it's just that game disc. If all your games work other than it, then obviously it's the disc itself. So just stick to using the other disc you have (I believe you said you had two).

Also, I don't know if the other disc isn't working now or what, but if it isn't, then get your 360 checked out or repaired or whatever.

HINT: If you need your 360 repaired, call up Microsoft. If you're not on warranty anymore, talk to a manager and start complaining about how they have a set price of fixing it yet they claim not to know the problem.

Do a little convincing, and if the manager is normal, then they will repair yours for free. That's what happened with mine. Just don't yell at them or anything, just complain. Without yelling. Haha.

Tiamat66
09-02-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm on my fourth 360, but the last one was the only one I got the red lights with. The first two had this problem. Get it fixed or exchanged now. It started with just one game for me, and it ended up being all of them. The ideas these guys gave you are valid, but only work for the short term. Save yourself the hassle and get it over with, it's not worth the trouble...

Bluntman428
09-02-2007, 09:38 PM
HINT: If you need your 360 repaired, call up Microsoft. If you're not on warranty anymore, talk to a manager and start complaining about how they have a set price of fixing it yet they claim not to know the problem.

Do a little convincing, and if the manager is normal, then they will repair yours for free. That's what happened with mine. Just don't yell at them or anything, just complain. Without yelling. Haha.

That works to an extent. They told me I'd have to pay $140 to fix mine, and I went apeshit. I was transferred to a supervisor, who said the same thing, and he was rude as shit. I started yelling at his ass, and they ended up transferring me to the "Special Cases" department. That's how I ended up getting a couple new games and some MS points. ;)

Clipse 2
09-02-2007, 10:37 PM
2. RESTART THE CONSOLE

If you're experiencing this with just a single game disk then its going to be the disk itself which is at fault. I have never had any issue with my console doing this up until 3 or so weeks ago. I rented King Kong and noticed that the games AI was acting very very strange; the game just wasn't playing as it should have been. I'd take it out, reload it and get the same white screen and message as you're referring to. Hell I even got on here asking if it was the game disk or possibly me being too dumb to get past the first level of King Kong. Turns out another member had the same issue, cleaned the disk off real good and it worked after that.

As I said if you're not getting the message with any other disk then your console is fine. If you're getting the error with a majority of disks then its something to have MS look into. From what I've read from you, I say its the disk and not your console or drive.

KindCandy
09-13-2007, 09:20 AM
hey Guys,,, I m sorry for the double post, dont know how did that happen,
anyway , it was my disk only my 2nd gears disk is working fine and all the other games too , never gave me this kinda error again on any game... so its cool now, it was the disk .

narcolepticshee
09-13-2007, 01:50 PM
2 things:

1)Why are you worried when all your disks work? You should be worried when a couple of games you don't have 2 copies of don't work.
2) Go get the disk cleaned at your local store AND buy a CD/DVD lens cleaner (sometimes its a combination of the disk being scratched and the lens being dirty)

Peace