PDA

View Full Version : Scary game moment

SmorepionKid
06-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Not sure If this belongs in this section or the games section.
But anyway what is your scary game moment, the one that made you jump most, heres mine:
This happened two days ago, I was playing Dead Rising and I was messing around on the Rooftop destroying metal shelves(one of my Turtle Beach audio wires broke and ever since my audio can get weird) and I kicked one of them(destroying it) and then my audio exploded making me jump and nearly deaf.

Harry94
06-25-2012, 09:50 PM
Dead Space 2, I'll put it in a spoiler;

When your in the school area and the sun with a smiley face falls on you. Completely unexpected :p

ChickinOnaChain
06-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Playing FEAR 1 and seeing Alma pop up when you least expect it.

bulletman
06-25-2012, 10:00 PM
No game can scare me which is a shame because I like freaky shit, but a certain part of Condemned made me really jump when I played it. It involves a certain locker...

HugTheBear
06-25-2012, 10:00 PM
All survival horror games make me jump at times. Had plenty in Alan Wake, Dead Space, Resident Evil, etc.

The only time I actually screamed out loud was when I was playing Zombies on CoD:WaW with a group of friends. I know it's not supoused to be scary. But, I didn't expect what happened... As we were wrapping up a round, we thought we had killed all the zombies, leaving our crawler so we could go try and get good guns. I was boarding up a window, facing said window, turned around and a zombie was right in my face. It was like perfect timing, because it was before the zombie hit me, so I didn't expect him to be there, & the first thing I saw was his yellow eyes. Scared the crap out of me. Screamed like a 5 year old girl & woke everybody up in the house (was 4am), and might have made my 3 friends deaf.

DJConnelly
06-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Just about anything on Amnesia. The part where there's invisible crap in the water trying to kill you and all you can see are splashes in particular. I hate that game. Yet I still play it.

Xerofox
06-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Condemned 2, The Bear scene.

It scene itself wasn't scary, the suspense after that scene was almost too much. A real "oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck" moment.

Spade.
06-25-2012, 10:32 PM
The voice of the gatekeeper in the first Oblivion gate in TES: Oblivion.

V3T Hunter
06-25-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm not sure I've ever had anything that happened in a game that scared me.

Creazil
06-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Silent Hill: Homecoming - When I first saw Scarlet... trust me, she's some freaky shit.

F.E.A.R - Just about every moment I saw Alma

Fatal Frame/Project Zero - Every cutscene near enough!

That's about it. :) There's loads from the Silent Hill games but too many to mention.

Tsaako
06-26-2012, 12:11 AM
I don't often play "scary" games but I did buy a few recently.

F.E.A.R has it's moments and it was really well done.
Condemned is pretty solid aswell.
Alone in the Dark a few moments too.

Gackt
06-26-2012, 12:12 AM
Condemned 2.

I was looking around an abandoned apartment complex and walked into a bathroom and I see in the mirror, an addict running up behind me flailing his arms around like a mad man. Scared me so much I forgot how to play lol.

Wildmn34
06-26-2012, 12:13 AM
The first one that comes to mind is the original Resident Evil when that dog jumps trough the windows in the corridor. I think pretty early in the game. That scared the crap out of me.

siamese snake
06-26-2012, 12:19 AM

Pretty much this and Dead Space 1. There was also a game that used to freak the shit out of me, can't remember what it's called but you had to capture ghosts with a camera.

my_box_72
06-26-2012, 12:24 AM
Meh nothing at the moment to be honest , maybe Dead Space 3 ;)

Gackt
06-26-2012, 12:26 AM

Before I played FEAR, I always read about how Alma was ohhh so scary, but every FEAR game I have played, she always shows up right exactly where I expect her to and kind of ruins it being remotely scary lol.

Kairi
06-26-2012, 02:42 AM
No game can scare me which is a shame because I like freaky shit, but a certain part of Condemned made me really jump when I played it. It involves a certain locker...
Would that certain locker happen to be one involving Mr. Tibbits? :P I thought that was really freaky too lol
Another part of a game I remember was freaky was in Condemned with the mannequins in the department store. It wasn't really scary, but it was definitely creepy! XD

muzykalscorpio
06-26-2012, 03:09 AM
I'm a big baby, so... all of Dead Space 1 and 2. XD

(Eye Poke Machine takes the cake.)

(( I forget how to do spoilers again. ;_; ))

FFFreak1129
06-26-2012, 03:47 AM
Resident Evil 2 I think it was. The Tyrant is chasing you and you are running when all of a sudden he breaks down a wall in front of you.

The eye machine in Dead Space. That was gross.

Gackt
06-26-2012, 03:52 AM
Would that certain locker happen to be one involving Mr. Tibbits? :P I thought that was really freaky too lol
Another part of a game I remember was freaky was in Condemned with the mannequins in the department store. It wasn't really scary, but it was definitely creepy! XD

I hate the damn mannequins! They creeped me the hell out. lol

hydrosugar
06-26-2012, 09:29 AM
The last game to get a scare out of me was Silent Hill 2. But hey, I haven't played Alan Wake yet. High hopes.

Mister Spraggsy
06-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Don't think any game has really made me jump certainly not on the Xbox. If any I would go with the first Resident Evil, like someone else mentioned the part where the dog jumps through the window comes to mind.

Onelastbreath
06-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Original Resident Evil, playing after midnight launch, when the dogs jump through the window near the beginning. Love the old style of the Resi games and would love it if they went back to their roots.

Opiate42
06-26-2012, 01:12 PM
Dead Space 2 - very first playthrough when the dude uh...tried to rescue you from the medbay....

Kairi
06-26-2012, 02:08 PM
I hate the damn mannequins! They creeped me the hell out. lol
Lol I didn't hate the mannequins but I thought they were extremely creepy. It was so strange how it went all black and white and they kept circling you wherever you went XD

Vay
06-26-2012, 02:25 PM
I still recall playing Resident evil 3 : Nemesis on the Playstatoin 2.

Walking down a flight of stairs,getting ready to turn a corner and BLAM! Nemesis crashes through a wall.

Surround sound and playing at night in the dark deepens the effect...but still remember it like it happened yesterday :)

CHIRUNO99
06-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Pretty much every second I played in Dead Space and Cyrostasis, although I've been more prone to jump when someone calls for me and I'm far too absorbed into a game to be aware of my surroundings.

niko da bos
06-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Original Resident Evil, playing after midnight launch, when the dogs jump through the window near the beginning. Love the old style of the Resi games and would love it if they went back to their roots.

lol, yes but now the zombies carry guns / chainsaws n shit. i dont know when they started doing that stuff i couldnt really play it anymore, it just seems so unrealistic. as realistic as you can get with zombies anyway lol, i just dont think they should be able to carry and use weapons.

i havent played too many horror games, actually wouldnt mind picking up an awesome one after im done with minecraft :). one game i can think of is dead island, because i always played it solo some of the areas were scary as hell. those infected that just have that bloodcurdling scream and sprint toward you. especially when you picked the chinese chick with like 90 HP lmao.

Fire Hawk D
06-26-2012, 04:50 PM
When you first start Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube, during one of the game's earlier scenarios, you're exploring your grandfather's mansion as Alexandra Roivas. When you enter the bathroom and approach the bathtub, the game suddenly lets out a shriek, you see Alex, brutally murdered and dismembered in the bathtub soaking in fluids, and then it's gone, all within moments. Made me and my friend jump.

And, people say Nintendo games are for kids. I mean, I know it's developed by Silicon Knights, but it was still published by Nintendo...

Starkweather
06-26-2012, 06:12 PM
Every single bit of Fatal Frame/Project Zero. Flashlight as my only weapon, thanks very much.

Me and my friend first encountering an enemy known as Piggsy in Manhunt who had chainsaw as weapon, safe to say we were scared as heck throughout.

The Asylum level in Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy, lights go out and well all the patients escape, i was stuck for so long on this part.

On Xbox 360 pretty much every bit of Condemned, the atmosphere is just perfect to freak me out.

Movies may not scare me but games surely do :p

AmbaLaBamba
06-26-2012, 06:18 PM
The majority of Dead Space/2 and Condemned... *shiver* lol

Neme6ben
06-26-2012, 08:07 PM
the mirror room in silent hill 3, that was scary

InfamousVuk
06-26-2012, 08:30 PM
Not really a scary thing but... whenever I climb up on a really high building in Assassin's Creed series and fall, and I know I'm going to die, I'm like always getting the feeling of falling..... and the comes the "Splat!" and it's game over.

Cmpunk
06-27-2012, 09:12 AM
No one laugh please. I was playing total minor forge at full blast very unaware of the noise those spiders make. Jumped out of my seat due to how loud and high pitched it was.

its RIALTO
06-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Bit of a strange one, but Bio Shoxk, i had to stop playing it. My body was killing me from sitting all tensed up, breathing through my mouth with it held open so i could hear everything and my eyes almost popping out of my head!! The steam room, the crazyness of it all, to harvest or not to harvest, black outs, people chasing me with cleavers and pipe and the whole encased in an underwater physco world!!

Might not be scary to most people but it freaked me the fuck out!!

TacticalTodger
06-27-2012, 02:36 PM
I remember playing Dead Space 2 for the first time and in the first half hour due to having my headphones loud the sound effects ended up making me jump. But "Scary" I think I panic more on Zombies on Black Ops.

sleepydumbdude
06-27-2012, 04:31 PM
I have only been scared twice when playing video games ever. First time was Eternal Darkness on gamecube when I looked at a bathtub and it turned into some bloody person in it along with a scream. The other time wasn't meant to be scary but I just got a new TV and didn't adjusted the settings. Was playing skyrim and it was very dark on the game and a wolf attacked me. I was in a party chat with 4 other people and screamed and dropped my controller. Everyone was like wtf was that and I was like yeah who did that?

I get that feeling of falling on Crackdown a lot and almost get sick and have to put it down for a bit.

GENARORUIZ2
06-28-2012, 02:50 AM
I get scared every time I die on Call of Duty games.

Iceskater101
06-28-2012, 03:39 AM
The first time I have ever played Bioshock, I was so scared. I didn't know what to expect and I heard the splicers coming, but I didn't know where they were. One time I turned around and a splicer was in my face and I yelled. My mom came downstairs and was like wtf. I get scared easily. I try to stay away from those games lol.

RuYi
06-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Thief: Deadly Shadows - Shalebridge Cradle level (Robbing the Cradle)

The entire level had me terrified, but there was a moment in the game when one of the puppets was patrolling near the room I was in. He would enter the room for a bit, stand there for a while, and leave again. I made sure I was hidden from view when he approached, and continued when he left. But after a while I was so occupied with to relieving the room from its valuable items that I lost track of the patrol, and when I look up I see the thing shambling towards me, clearly aware of my presence and what I was doing.

I cried out in terror, but managed to lose the creep by hiding in a dark fireplace. Took me 10 minutes before I dared to get out.