PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Cable( lying )

PLaSmA T4rt
06-26-2012, 02:56 AM
Well i need a new xbox and the transfer cable. the transfer cable COST $30 and im like " WHAT 30 DOLLARS FOR JUST THAT". There is a return policy 30 days or less and i could return the cable back for my money back. But i don't want to look like a complete jerk and return it just to say " i want my money back"
or say that it didn't work because then i would have to keep it.

So i want to know what to say so it is believable enough so that i don't look like a stupid greedy jerk

DragonsGoMOO
06-26-2012, 03:00 AM
... Easy.

Buy it, use it, go back, say "I bought it as a gift for my friend, brother, grandma, whatever, and they didn't want it", IF it is easy to open and use and then put back in with very minimal damage/signs of opening.

Vigor
06-26-2012, 03:02 AM
Buy a flashdrive to transfer savefiles, at least you can keep that one.

my_box_72
06-26-2012, 03:02 AM
Well i need a new xbox and the transfer cable. the transfer cable COST $30 and im like " WHAT 30 DOLLARS FOR JUST THAT". There is a return policy 30 days or less and i could return the cable back for my money back. But i don't want to look like a complete jerk and return it just to say " i want my money back"

So i want to know what to say so it is believable enough so that i don't look like a stupid greedy jerk

OMG OP are you serious ? if you don't want to keep the transfer cable you can always try re-selling it via Ebay or anywhere else for that matter !!!

There no point of exaggerating the story, there is options

EmporerDragon
06-26-2012, 03:09 AM
As a retail employee, I say just bring it back and tell the clerk it wasn't what you needed. This is what the return policies are there for.

The store will be fine with it as they'll simply ship it back to the vendor and get credited for it.

I will say though, don't do this with major electronics like Cameras and TVs. It does piss us off when people buy stuff like that for a party/vacation, then return it a few days later when they are done with it.

Gackt
06-26-2012, 03:50 AM

Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Data Transfer Cable: Video Games

9 dollars.

Rep
06-26-2012, 04:27 AM
You could probably find one going for around $5 on eBay. I picked up mine a couple years ago for $8 W/ Free Shipping.

ChickinOnaChain
06-26-2012, 04:29 AM
I bought mine and kept it for any future transfers. My old style one, I used it three times.

iBuzz7S
06-26-2012, 04:35 AM
Go into store
Purchase cable
Go home and use it
Return it to store and say you are done with it

It's far easier to tell the truth than to lie about it. It's only a damn cable!

sleepydumbdude
06-26-2012, 04:43 AM
I got min like 4 months before the option to use USBs came out. I made a post on craigslist offering 10 dollars for a 360 transfer cable and I'd come pick up. Had a reply within 30 minutes and went and got it.

Drewdude1023
06-26-2012, 05:13 AM
When I traded in my original 360 for a 250 GB slim, I also bought the transfer cable and the guy at GameStop said to sell them the old hard drive and return the transfer cable. He had no problem with it.

Dav13s
06-26-2012, 08:56 AM
Got mine free from MS. In your face. Quit being an idiot and just take it back when you're done with it. It's really not a big deal.

PLaSmA T4rt
06-26-2012, 06:11 PM
well it is that i feel guilty and have emotions not like some other people

AmbaLaBamba
06-26-2012, 06:17 PM
When I purchased mine I just listed it on eBay when I'd done with it and got most of my money back for it. Lost a couple of 's but I'm not bothered, I did use it a couple of times anyway.

Skeetacus
06-26-2012, 07:12 PM
well it is that i feel guilty and have emotions not like some other people

Warning: I may be coming off as a douche in the following post...

Here emotions are irrelevant. The whole idea of a return policy is for stuff like this, and is put in place so you don't have to feel guilty about it. That said, grow a pair and refund the cable. Using that money, buy a cheap flash drive so you can save yourself some effort and money next time; it's that simple.

If this for some reason still bothers you, there are plenty of sites like eBay and Amazon you could offload the cable through. Although getting retail price is very unlikely and you'll ultimately end up losing money that way.