PDA

View Full Version : 3 red lights

Bobtroid
09-02-2007, 06:01 AM
Wow. After almost 2 years it happened to me. Great. Got it on ebay for like $450 (at the time was a good deal) so it has no warranty. Is my only option sending it to M$ ?

i'm sure nobody gives a damn, but crap.

DoM cAbAn
09-02-2007, 06:05 AM
Well, another option, of course, is buying a whole new console instead of sending it to Microsoft. :p But sending it to Microsoft to get it fixed would be a lot cheaper than buying a new one...

Sorry to hear about it breaking. :(

Bobtroid
09-02-2007, 06:06 AM
How long would it take to get it to Microsoft and back and would it cost anything?

DoM cAbAn
09-02-2007, 06:17 AM
My friend's 360 took well over a month to get fixed, so don't expect it within a week or two. I'm not sure about the price though.

Bobtroid
09-02-2007, 06:21 AM
Ugh. Well this goes on my long list of crappy things that have happened to me since the beginning of March.

also: if i take my hard drive to a friends house would it work there on his elite?

Anti HERO 574
09-02-2007, 06:31 AM
i got mine in 3 weeks..atleast its 3 red lights, so you dont have to pay for it.

and this should be discussed in the xbox 360 graveyard

VaRIABLE SoUL
09-02-2007, 11:00 AM
also: if i take my hard drive to a friends house would it work there on his elite?

it should.. i would assume it should lol since the Elite is just a 360 with a HDMI plug and a bigger HD (which should be interchangable).

go to your friend's house and test it and then let us know ;)

Skillet
09-02-2007, 05:02 PM
The HDD should work at your friend's house...if everything still works...you don't mind spending a little extra cash and can't wait a month and a half for MS to say it's just plain broken...you could buy a Core. Then...you'd have an extra controller, a working console and you could use your Hard Drive so the only real difference is the white DVD tray. But I say meh...collects too many finger prints for my liking anyway.

Pez
09-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Ugh. Well this goes on my long list of crappy things that have happened to me since the beginning of March.

My 360 is being repaired at the moment.

I got told off customer services that it will take roughly three to four weeks for me to receive my 360 back off them.

Also, I just went out and bought an Elite for my bedroom, and yes, your 20GB hard drive will work on the Elite.

I bought a memory card, moved all my saves onto the memory card, plugged the 120GB hard drive in and transferred them over.

~SS

Cyrex
09-02-2007, 07:33 PM
guys seriously no posting threads about how your 360 died, the graveyard has a new post ever single day you have to see it, it was also put there to expunge these types of threads

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30262

mods please:locked

Jdm
09-02-2007, 11:16 PM
guys seriously no posting threads about how your 360 died, the graveyard has a new post ever single day you have to see it, it was also put there to expunge these types of threads

Chuck is correct.

I even have my own "Graveyard" thread.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27931

Feel free to either post in one or both threads next time.;)

CptButtonMasher
09-04-2007, 11:21 PM
I borrowed Bio shock off my neighbor the other day, had some free time to curl up on the couch and play today and behold, the game froze up and I got the 3 lights.... I called MS and its gonna be around 5 weeks total to get it repaired and such........... and halo drops in little over 2 weeks... so much for tryin to get a jump on the leaderboards..:mad:

Cyrex
09-05-2007, 12:17 AM

read the posts dude it will help you from getting infractions, also try not to ressurect dead threads

CptButtonMasher
09-05-2007, 01:10 AM
my bad, thought this was a thread to bitch in, it wasnt really that deep in the list either ;)